2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)...

We have 7/8 spots left to fill according to Coach Babers and I think a lot of schools hit high numbers today. 19/20 + kids not leaving them much more room. I’ll have to sort through the schools and do the math, but we might actually be in a good position here.

Last edited:
We have 7/8 spots left to fill according to Coach Babers and I think a lot of schools hit high numbers today. 19/20 + kids not leaving them much room. I’ll have to sort through the schools and do the math, but we might actually be in a good position here.
Hurry up

These early enrollees are fantastic. 3 of the 5 could see the field in the fall, 4 if the the knee is a go. All need positions. And Amie getting an extra spring under his belt is a huge bonus.

A million Wr’s and a three star QB

That’s good for what these guys want to do

Take the shortest fast wr make him the tb

Done

Jordan is a special talent, and he might not even be a true tailback. At some point we need to recruit some good tailbacks. Currently, as far as I can tell, there isn’t a difference maker in the system. One of the issues with the offense last season is we lacked any kind of a run game. Look at what BC was able to do once it found a good back. There were times when teams threw press coverage and challenged us to run, We couldn’t. And once we lost our best running threat in Dungey, we became a purely one dimensional team. So, no, it’s not as simple as taking the shortest fast WR and making him a tailback.

...Look at what BC was able to do once it found a good back. There were times when teams threw press coverage and challenged us to run, We couldn’t. And once we lost our best running threat in Dungey, we became a purely one dimensional team. So, no, it’s not as simple as taking the shortest fast WR and making him a tailback.

Yes, we have to get that special back. Just an addendum -- Lutz was the primary RB for his high school, and a good one, on a winning team. The staff apparently wants to take a good RB and make him a receiver.

We have 7/8 spots left to fill according to Coach Babers and I think a lot of schools hit high numbers today. 19/20 + kids not leaving them much more room. I’ll have to sort through the schools and do the math, but we might actually be in a good position here.
I guess that also means no more attrition from the existing players as we took 15 today and currently have 23 openings?

That totally sucks. Wonder what happened as was pretty sure he was 100% committed.

giphy.gif

Yes, we have to get that special back. Just an addendum -- Lutz was the primary RB for his high school, and a good one, on a winning team. The staff apparently wants to take a good RB and make him a receiver.

I’ve seen film of him. He’s not a back. He’s fast, but he lacks the moves required to be successful at an elite level. He’s also small and would get beat up with regular carries.

SU needs a great back to compete with the best of the ACC. SU has arguably the worst rushing attack in the conference, and I don’t see anyone on board now who will change that.

Hey I was told earlier these guys are just going their jobs as "reporters".

Yes this article is silly when we weren't even in contention for some of these guys. But to throw a hissy fit when they are reporting legitimate news like Johnson leaving just because you don't like the timing is ridiculous. I criticize when it's warranted, not every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom