2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)...

Yes this article is silly when we weren't even in contention for some of these guys. But to throw a hissy fit when they are reporting legitimate news like Johnson leaving just because you don't like the timing is ridiculous. I criticize when it's warranted, not every time.

I wasn't throwing a hissy fit I was stating it was bad timing.

I’ve seen film of him. He’s not a back. He’s fast, but he lacks the moves required to be successful at an elite level. He’s also small and would get beat up with regular carries.

SU needs a great back to compete with the best of the ACC. SU has arguably the worst rushing attack in the conference, and I don’t see anyone on board now who will change that.

He’s not an elite rb by any stretch but he’s also not small. He’s coming in at 195.

It's such an incredibly lazy article.
All the stories they could be telling today and instead, we're presented with really weak content.

Hmmn, was that the only article syracuse.com did on the recruiting class today?

I could have sworn I read a bunch of others.

Hmmn, was that the only article syracuse.com did on the recruiting class today?

I could have sworn I read a bunch of others.

I didn't say it was the only article, Mrs Mink.
I said it was a lazy one and indicated that, rather than take up space with lazy efforts, I'd prefer that the writers focus more on relevant, factual information.

I didn't say it was the only article, Mrs Mink.
I said it was a lazy one and indicated that, rather than take up space with lazy efforts, I'd prefer that the writers focus more on relevant, factual information.

Sorry Mr. Snowflake, but your words are out there for all to read:

"All the stories they could be telling today and instead, we're presented with really weak content."

The article's definitely weak sauce, but I think that's because the only real issue is timing. If this article is released a couple of days down the road as opposed to on signing day, I bet It barely gets criticized.

Cut & paste some photos with a short summary on how we are distantly involved with some of the recruits? Meh, I get it. It becomes negative because it's one of the first things released.

I saw Mila Kunis once in Boston at the same spot we were at, DAMN, the one that I let get awaaaayyyy.

Last edited:
I notice some of the posters who criticize reporters have trouble punctuating a simple sentence. Before you call any professional in any field “lazy,” try doing his or her job for a day and you will find it is a lot harder than it appears. Just because an article does not reflect your point of view or particular interest does not make it weak, lazy or erroneous.

I notice some of the posters who criticize reporters have trouble punctuating a simple sentence. Before you call any professional in any field “lazy,” try doing his or her job for a day and you will find it is a lot harder than it appears. Just because an article does not reflect your point of view or particular interest does not make it weak, lazy or erroneous.
Nice retort, but the internet isn't paid to post.

Notice the people criticizing football coaches and players typically never started for their high school.

Coaching and recruiting is a lot harder than it looks. Criticism comes with the job, just like writing.

Wait...you’re comparing message board posters’ grammar with people whose literal job is writing? He gets paid for the nonsense he spews.

Please start a new thread if you want to rag on/support the local Syracuse media. Thanks.
image.png

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom