2018 NY Football Giants Off Season Title Quest Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 NY Football Giants Off Season Title Quest Thread

If John Mara/Gettleman trade OBJ I may lose my mind

If I am Cleveland I call the NYG and offer the 33rd pick and next year's 2nd for OBJ.
The Giants would probably counter with 33rd and 35th and we would see a trade possibly.
I can't see the Giants giving into OBJ's demand of a new contract right now.

If I am Cleveland I call the NYG and offer the 33rd pick and next year's 2nd for OBJ.
The Giants would probably counter with 33rd and 35th and we would see a trade possibly.
The Giants would turn down those offers. They would need more.

We aren’t drafting an OBJ level player in the 30’s, so - give us the Hershel Walker package that Minnesota gave Dallas, otherwise no deal. Just my opinion.

Giants trade OBJ to Bills. Also give Bills their 2nd round pick and offer to pay his entire 2018 salary. If he makes a fuss during the season, Giants throw in a conditional 4th rounder.

I agree with him in this sense, if we don't take a QB we are betting HUGE on Eli's durability and how long he can extend his career.

The other signings I'm 50/50 on, but if you're playing Manning, you need an LT you can count on, regardless if you have to over pay.
I really don’t get the Giants not selecting a QB when there are 4 QBs projected as franchise guys.

I am sure Eli has a couple of years left but this Jimmy G-Brady thing has taught me when you have the guy it’s hard to move on front them.

Eli hasn’t been great recently but I get the OL has been a problem.

Not taking a QB means you think Eli has 3 more years. I think the Giants are bluffing and just want the Browns not take Darnold. If Allen goes first I think the Giants take Darnold. If Darnold goes first I don’t
Think the Giants like Allen or Rosen and Mayfield isn’t a good fit for NY.
No Darnold they deal it or take Chubb.

I really don’t get the Giants not selecting a QB when there are 4 QBs projected as franchise guys.

I am sure Eli has a couple of years left but this Jimmy G-Brady thing has taught me when you have the guy it’s hard to move on front them.

Eli hasn’t been great recently but I get the OL has been a problem.

Not taking a QB means you think Eli has 3 more years. I think the Giants are bluffing and just want the Browns not take Darnold. If Allen goes first I think the Giants take Darnold. If Darnold goes first I don’t
Think the Giants like Allen or Rosen and Mayfield isn’t a good fit for NY.
No Darnold they deal it or take Chubb.

I for one am against a QB. I dont see these guys as being a 12 year NFL starter type. Also they havent even given Webb a chance to see what he can do. Grab Chubb or Barkley

I for one am against a QB. I dont see these guys as being a 12 year NFL starter type. Also they havent even given Webb a chance to see what he can do. Grab Chubb or Barkley
The fact that you could poll 5 different draft ‘gurus’ and get 5 different #1 overalls, tells me at 2...if you can’t swing a trade, you take BPA.

If it’s a QB? Fine.

A DE?? Fine

Etc etc...

Watch Flowers, miss 3 blocks on 1 play.

And they say Eli has ‘lost it’.

Just get him some protection and a solid run game...CHAMPIONSHIP.

And a defense...

Solder is okay. He is mid teens in the league at LT.
He got Brady killed early last year.
I get the Giants needed an upgrade but Solder took advantage of a weak market at OL.
He wasn’t worth the money he got as the Pats didn’t match it.
The OL kid from ND or UCLA could have been taken with the Giants at 35 if the Giants tried to move up.

Pats and Eagles at 31 and 32 will likely be targeting them in the draft.

Last edited:
I get the Giants needed an upgrade but Solder took advantage of a weak market at OL.
The OL kid from ND or UCLA could have been taken with the Giants at 35 if the Giants tried to move up.

Mid teens is a huge upgrade from mid 40’s.

He also knows how to win and will lead the new line.

After they draft Barkley Icould see them moving back into the late 1st as they likely have targeted someone.

Probably OL or the front 7.

Thing is, teams don’t like to not have any picks on day 1. They’ll take a beating in the local media with nothing to talk about but 2 2s and 2 5s.

Mid teens is a huge upgrade from mid 40’s.

He also knows how to win and will lead the new line.

After they draft Barkley Icould see them moving back into the late 1st as they likely have targeted someone.

Probably OL or the front 7.

Thing is, teams don’t like to not have any picks on day 1. They’ll take a beating in the local media with nothing to talk about but 2 2s and 2 5s.
If the Pats don’t move up they will trade atleast one if not both of their 2 first round picks.

Belichick doesn’t care about the local media. He loves 2nd round picks.

If the Pats don’t move up they will trade atleast one if not both of their 2 first round picks.

Belichick doesn’t care about the local media. He loves 2nd round picks.
He would be the ideal candidate at 31 if someone is slipping.

The fact that he would trade with the Giants, thus setting off the beantown media like
dynamite...might be too awesome for him to pass on.

Just 3 spots for like a 5 next year, but he’d love it.

If the ND kid you are referring to is McGlinchey I think he will be gone before 35, probably in the 20s. He's a tad overrated imo, kinda slow. Quenton Nelson is an animal and the real deal.

You know Solder better than me but I thought he did a solid job in the SB against good edge rushers.

I was hoping, coming off a 3-13 season that we wouldn’t get any Monday games and maybe just one Sunday night game. Sunday afternoon games are so much better. Oh well. 3 night games isn’t too horrible.

It’s a brutal start, for a while..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom