2018 NY Football Giants Off Season Title Quest Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 NY Football Giants Off Season Title Quest Thread

Here it is...

Week 1, Sept 9

Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.

Week 2, Sept. 16

At Dallas Cowboys, 8:20 p.m.

Week 3, Sept. 23

At Houston Texans, 1 p.m.

Week 4, Sept. 30

New Orleans Saints, 4:25 p.m.

Week 5, Oct. 7

At Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m.

Week 6, Oct. 11

Philadelphia Eagles, 8:20 p.m.

Week 7, Oct. 22

At Atlanta Falcons, 8:15 p.m.

Week 8, Oct. 28

Washington Redskins, 1 p.m.

Week 9, Nov. 4

BYE

Week 10, Nov. 12

At San Francisco 49ers, 8:20 p.m.

Week 11, Nov. 18

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m.

Week 12, Nov. 25

At Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m.

Week 13, Dec. 2

Chicago Bears, 1 p.m.

Week 14, Dec. 9

At Washington Redskins, 1 p.m.

Week 15, Dec. 16

Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m.

Week 16, Dec. 22/23

At Indianapolis Colts, TBD

Week 17, Dec. 30

Dallas Cowboys, 1 p.m.

So much for being home before a Thursday game...

NFL hates the Giants.

Wish we were taken care of like the patsies

Tough schedule. First seven games are very tough
My yearly goals never change, 10-6 & playoffs.

Which is ideally 7-1. & 3-5. Going 4-4 on road is Division.

Most teams are around 6-2 & 3-5.

This schedule can still play out that way.

And if they’re 4-4 at the bye...then it’s on...

KaiserUEO if the Pats deal Gronk to Cowboys for 19 and other things.
Would Gettleman trade 2 for 19, 23, 31 and next year’s 1?

I think the Pats could get 2 good players in the 2nd and get their QB at 2 if they trade Gronk.

I think the Pats could get 2 good players in the 2nd and get their QB at 2 if they trade Gronk.
I don’t think so.

He’s looking for a ‘Gold Jacket’ player.

Now, if he could go all ‘Draft Day’ and turn say 23 & 34 into 5-8...then yes.

Cowboys would be crazy to make that trade. Gronk has 2-3 years left at the most. Unbelievable TE but he's missed nearly 1/3 of his team's games over the last six years and it's not going to get better. He takes a tremendous amount of punishment.

Cowboys would be crazy to make that trade. Gronk has 2-3 years left at the most. Unbelievable TE but he's missed nearly 1/3 of his team's games over the last six years and it's not going to get better. He takes a tremendous amount of punishment.
Gronk changed his workout routine last year and was healthy all year he played 14 games last year. Gronk worked out with Brady’s guy Guerrero.

He missed 1 game for suspension and the other was the Thursday night game Belichick didn’t want the guy getting hurt on a short week he could have played.

Gronk is worth a first round pick. He is the best TE in the league. His blocking is underrated and is why he isn’t just a receiving threat.

If Belichick has had enough he could get dealt this week.
3 teams NE is talking with about Gronk Arizona, San Fran, and Dallas.

Dallas needs weapons badly.

Gronk changed his workout routine last year and was healthy all year he played 14 games last year. Gronk worked out with Brady’s guy Guerrero.

He missed 1 game for suspension and the other was the Thursday night game Belichick didn’t want the guy getting hurt on a short week he could have played.

Gronk is worth a first round pick. He is the best TE in the league. His blocking is underrated and is why he isn’t just a receiving threat.

If Belichick has had enough he could get dealt this week.
3 teams NE is talking with about Gronk Arizona, San Fran, and Dallas.

Dallas needs weapons badly.

I think you make some fair points but I think the part you miss, and many do when it comes to speculation on trading draft picks for veterans, is that teams HATE to give up first rounders for veteran players. Gronk is eight years into his career. He's well into the back nine while the 19th player drafted should potentially have a long career and be under Dallas' control for the next several years. The other point is that Gronk has had concussion issues, is known for his frugality and is a free spirit that can probably consider other employment options. I'd be willing to bet he's out of football within the next 2-3 years. Given all of these issues I'd never make that move, particularly when a team has as many defensive needs plus WR needs as Dallas has.

I think you make some fair points but I think the part you miss, and many do when it comes to speculation on trading draft picks for veterans, is that teams HATE to give up first rounders for veteran players. Gronk is eight years into his career. He's well into the back nine while the 19th player drafted should potentially have a long career and be under Dallas' control for the next several years. The other point is that Gronk has had concussion issues, is known for his frugality and is a free spirit that can probably consider other employment options. I'd be willing to bet he's out of football within the next 2-3 years. Given all of these issues I'd never make that move, particularly when a team has as many defensive needs plus WR needs as Dallas has.

But I bet BB would make that move in a heartbeat.

But I bet BB would make that move in a heartbeat.
Yeah, I have no doubt BB is trying to trade that injured, old, cult warped player, but I can’t see how he gets anything better than a 4 for him.

Maybe a 3.

Guys have to be pretty stupid to trade more than that.

That said, jerruh...step right up!!

Yeah, I have no doubt BB is trying to trade that injured, old, cult warped player, but I can’t see how he gets anything better than a 4 for him.

Maybe a 3.

You don’t watch Gronk I get it.
A 3rd round pick?
Lol
He is 28 he isn’t old.

You don’t watch Gronk I get it.
A 3rd round pick?
Lol
He is 28 he isn’t old.
28 in football is old.

With his wear and tear...that ancient.

This isn’t baseball.

If garapolo is a 2...Gronk is a 4.

Maybe a 3.

Maybe they could squeeze a low 2 out of somebody but I doubt it. A #1 is not going to happen.

28 in football is old.

With his wear and tear...that ancient.

This isn’t baseball.

If garapolo is a 2...Gronk is a 4.
Garapolio was a 2 because Belichick didn’t market him and was pissed when he was told to trade him.
Belichick made 1 call and to SF and took their offer.

He never tried to get max value for the guy. He was pissed Kraft told him Brady stays as long as he wants.

If Belichick tried him gets more for Garrapolo.
Gronk is the best TE in the league.
28 isn’t 32. He has prime years left.

If Gronk got traded it’s for a first round pick.

You probably didn’t think Brandin Cooks would yield a first round pick but he did and only has 1 year left on his contract.

Garapolio was a 2 because Belichick didn’t market him and was pissed when he was told to trade him.
Belichick made 1 call and to SF and took their offer.

He never tried to get max value for the guy. He was pissed Kraft told him Brady stays as long as he wants.

If Belichick tried him gets more for Garrapolo.
Gronk is the best TE in the league.
28 isn’t 32. He has prime years left.

If Gronk got traded it’s for a first round pick.

You probably didn’t think Brandin Cooks would yield a first round pick but he did and only has 1 year left on his contract.
Cooks is worth a low 1.

Gronk would be laughed at for anything better than a 3.

It’s not happening.

Take your gronkles off.

Cooks is worth a low 1.

Gronk would be laughed at for anything better than a 3.

It’s not happening.

Take your gronkles off.
Your just trolling which is fine we agree to disagree.

Cooks isn’t even a pro bowl WR I won’t even go all-pro.
Gronk is an all-pro.

Every team in the NFL would give their 2nd round pick on Thursday without hesitation if it got them Gronk back.

Belichick was pissed at Kraft that is why Garrapolo return was nothing.

Gronk is an all-pro.

Every team in the NFL would give their 2nd round pick on Thursday without hesitation if it got them Gronk back.

How many teams have the cap space to sign Gronk? Isn't he scheduled to make $9 mil this year?

Gronk is 4-1/2 years older than Cooks and has a lot more mileage on him. Do you really think he will play more than 2-3 years? Cuz if he doesn't then there is no way in hell he's worth a #2 let alone a #1.

Gronk is an all-pro.

1 thing I can assure u I am not doing here is, trolling.

Gronk will be 29 next month too.

Nobody is giving up that much to a guy who has missed significant time in 2 of the last 5 years and is openly discussing retirement.

Cooks’ production and future production is worth that 1.

Gronk, is at best a 3 now.

There may be an idiot out there, but they will be laughed at by everyone.