2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame

That’s impressive. Dawkins is the only Eagle (outside of McNabb for obvious reasons) I liked.

His ability to play at a high level for as long as he did (staying healthy despite his penchant to make devastating hits) is remarkable.

He and Moss are only the true HoFers in that modern list.

Urlacher, meh (IMO too injured for his era & position).
T.O. Locker room cancer who I thought should’ve been made to wait it out a few more years.
Slayin Ray Lewis was always 50/50 for me (and not because he killed someone).

Why?

Why?

Because he was a locker room cancer.

He played for 3 good teams in his prime and nuked each team’s chemistry with his antics. His BS didn’t matter in Buffalo or Cincy because he wasn’t half the player he used to be.

Guy was a jerk. I’m sure the HoF has plenty of other jerks in it; just not many who were jerks to their teammates on multiple teams.

Because he was a locker room cancer.

He played for 3 good teams in his prime and nuked each team’s chemistry with his antics. His BS didn’t matter in Buffalo or Cincy because he wasn’t half the player he used to be.

Guy was a jerk. I’m sure the HoF has plenty of other jerks in it; just not many who were jerks to their teammates on multiple teams.

So he is not a HOF player because he was a "jerk", ok, gotcha

Learn to read.

And then tell me where I said he wasn’t a HoFer.

If he is not a HOFer now, then the point of making him wait is what? Personal, revenge bull

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is not a HOFer now, then the point of making him wait is what? Personal, revenge bull

It’s neither personal, vengeful or BS.

It’s setting a standard.

The committee overlooked Slayin Ray’s brush with the law because he was a perennial All-Pro and exemplary leader to his teammates.

I guess they thought not being first ballot HoFer for TO was punishment enough for being a dooosh.

Last edited by a moderator:
The voters are not allowed to consider criminal activity of candidates (Lewis) but if they feel someone's behavior impacted their team negatively on the field, they can consider that. (some would put Owens in this category)

It’s neither personal, vengeful or BS.

It’s setting a standard.

The committee overlooked Slayin Ray’s brush with the law because he was a perennial All-Pro and exemplary leader to his teammates.

I guess they thought not being first ballot HoFer for TO was punishment enough for being a dooosh.

Yes it is