2018 roster management | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2018 roster management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I guess I could have more objectively qualified it as the CIA ops that Dasher said I and SWC75 could be are more highly paid than 9/10ths of the humans in the world. I guess maybe I needed to be reminded that among some of the high rollers on here, CIA ops dont make that much. Thanks for helping me to remember my audience.

My wife may or may not work for one. I would much prefer she work for a defense contractor.

My wife may or may not work for one. I would much prefer she work for a defense contractor.

Thanks, I appreciate your insight. Maybe she doesnt read peoples' minds (ie torture them) in the way Dasher wanted me to do for the federal government. An immediate member of my family may or may not be a "whistle blower" filing their own case in federal court against the government for its gross misdeeds(about to give up a job that they dont mind telling the truth and calling "high paying"), out of a sense of patriotism and decency. Not all of us have a dollar sign as our bottom line, I get that.

I learned about the corruption and deception through years of research, they learned about it(including that NY prison escape that had poor shooting jokes made on here, the pentagon "911" cleanup, and multiple unknown stories), through years of experience. Said family member used to not pay much heed to what I said about those things until they had those experiences, enough to write a book about, from the prison escape one alone.

Dont get me wrong, there are probably a lot of good and/or ignorant people working in certain agencies, I dont mean any sort of blanket condemnation of all of their members, even if the apple is now rotten at it's core. With a handful of brave folks, it isnt too late have our government follow it's own laws. Thanks for making us think about the federal government on the most holy day of the year for the majority of Americans, Dasher. We owe you.

Actually a JB "defense contractor" t-shirt might be a cool idea. :)

No.
The 9 players we have are the roster next year. If we add one I would be beyond happy but I was told we aren’t looking to add.
Not looking to add anyone else? Nonsense. SU had offered Valdir Manuel for 2018. This was prior to losing MM and Baz. Prior, like as in, before. Now you're trying to suggest that after losing Baz and MM, the SU staff no longer wants to add anyone. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Not looking to add anyone else? Nonsense. SU had offered Valdir Manuel for 2018. This was prior to losing MM and Baz. Prior, like as in, before. Now you're trying to suggest that after losing Baz and MM, the SU staff no longer wants to add anyone. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?
This thread has taken some detours through a few strange places since I last checked in. Thanks for steering it back on course.

This thread has taken some detours through a few strange places since I last checked in. Thanks for steering it back on course.
Insiders you would trust have given the info in this thread that would tell you we aren’t looking to add.
The staff doesn’t want a grad transfer and there aren’t any current HS recruits we are pursuing now.

Trust me I want to add recruits. We need more bodies. I don’t want the information I was told to be right. Again I will give credit to JB and staff and I defend them when I see it’s the right thing. I am polarizing I get that but I call it the way I see and hear it.

Insiders you would trust have given the info in this thread that would tell you we aren’t looking to add.
The staff doesn’t want a grad transfer and there aren’t any current HS recruits we are pursuing now.

Trust me I want to add recruits. We need more bodies. I don’t want the information I was told to be right. Again I will give credit to JB and staff and I defend them when I see it’s the right thing. I am polarizing I get that but I call it the way I see and hear it.
There is no reason not to at least look around. Last year when things were desperate we found Marek. We should be trying to do that again. If we failed, so be it. No harm in trying and failing.

So Brendan Paul’s preferred walk-on status is already changing!

Fingers crossed the staff is over the shock and is beginning the search!

You're not polarizing, you're just overly persistent. All I will suggest is that we all exercise a little patience regarding what is certainly a fluid and evolving situation.

It's not about trusting your sources. It's about whether those sources have been in contact with JB since this happened. He's been in San Antonio.

No, Alsacs, you are the one saying we aren't looking to add. You are presenting information that is clearly incorrect (see Valdmir offer prior to Baz and MM leaving) and using it to cast JB in a negative fashion.

The staff may not currently know anyone right now who they can get/want. Big difference in saying they don't want to add anyone.

No, Alsacs, you are the one saying we aren't looking to add. You are presenting information that is clearly incorrect (see Valdmir offer prior to Baz and MM leaving) and using it to cast JB in a negative fashion.

The staff may not currently know anyone right now who they can get/want. Big difference in saying they don't want to add anyone.
Sir/Madam if I wanted to take a shot at the HC I would. I don’t hesitate when I feel its appropriate. All I did was repeat info given to me from more than 3 people close to the program. The info I got isn’t speculation.

I want it to be wrong. You want to believe it’s wrong fine but it’s not speculation.

one thing we call all agree on I hope, if the staff isn't looking for ways to make the team better for next year, they aren't doing their job. Right? I happen to like our team next year. But it can certainly be made a lot better. And you would want insurance in case someone got hurt over the summer or someone left out of the blue. I believe Alsacs is correct at least as far as anyone knew this past week after Bazley flew the coop. The staff doesn't want a 5th year guy because they don't think any of them could start for us and that would bring trouble to the team when that person was unhappy about pt. And they don't want to waste a ship on a kid that is a high school sr right now because they aren't impressed with what is out there. My take is that it doesn't hurt to inquire about a 5th year guys interest and lay it out there for them what the situation would be for them at the Cuse. If it doesn't work for them, no problem. If it does, we got another player.

one thing we call all agree on I hope, if the staff isn't looking for ways to make the team better for next year, they aren't doing their job. Right? I happen to like our team next year. But it can certainly be made a lot better. And you would want insurance in case someone got hurt over the summer or someone left out of the blue. I believe Alsacs is correct at least as far as anyone knew this past week after Bazley flew the coop. The staff doesn't want a 5th year guy because they don't think any of them could start for us and that would bring trouble to the team when that person was unhappy about pt. And they don't want to waste a ship on a kid that is a high school sr right now because they aren't impressed with what is out there. My take is that it doesn't hurt to inquire about a 5th year guys interest and lay it out there for them what the situation would be for them at the Cuse. If it doesn't work for them, no problem. If it does, we got another player.
Actions speak louder than words. How can you say Alsacs is correct and that the staff is not looking for anyone when they were looking for a pf prior to Baz and MM leaving?

Actions speak louder than words. How can you say Alsacs is correct and that the staff is not looking for anyone when they were looking for a pf prior to Baz and MM leaving?
I'm not going to argue about this. I spoke to someone this past week and they told me exactly what Alsacs is saying. I am quite clear. I hope that changes. But as of just last week, they weren't looking to add. This is after Bazley. I don't mind if you don't believe it. I am just sharing what I have been told by a very reliable source. Could it change? God, I hope so. And by the way, who knows what 5th year guy will make himself available on Monday. Some kid that is a lifetime syracuse fan for all we know. This was the info that I got and Alsacs got this past week.

They tried to jump in late and snag Valdir Manuel but it wasn't a terrific effort. Seton Hall and Illinois were on him a lot longer. He was the best option available. Now the options that we know about are not very good but to me we need to get someone. We probably won't unless an extremely enticing opportunity presents itself. Not going to add someone unless something comes up that isn't available now.

I'm not going to argue about this. I spoke to someone this past week and they told me exactly what Alsacs is saying. I am quite clear. I hope that changes. But as of just last week, they weren't looking to add. This is after Bazley. I don't mind if you don't believe it. I am just sharing what I have been told by a very reliable source. Could it change? God, I hope so.
So they plan on playing with 2 forwards on the team.

So they plan on playing with 2 forwards on the team.
You are asking the wrong guy that question. I am in favor of adding. I'm just telling you what I have been told.

They tried to jump in late and snag Valdir Manuel but it wasn't a terrific effort. Seton Hall and Illinois were on him a lot longer. He was the best option available. Now the options that we know about are not very good but to me we need to get someone. We probably won't unless an extremely enticing opportunity presents itself. Not going to add someone unless something comes up that isn't available now.
Funny, I just said in another thread that some 5th year guy that loves all things Syracuse might come available on Monday. You just never know. I hope so.

Funny, I just said in another thread that some 5th year guy that loves all things Syracuse might come available on Monday. You just never know. I hope so.

Highly doubt we'd go that route. Maybe a foreign dude if anyone at all.

Highly doubt we'd go that route. Maybe a foreign dude if anyone at all.
I doubt it to. I made the point that it would have to be a kid that loved Syracuse and was up for any role we wanted.

I doubt it to. I made the point that it would have to be a kid that loved Syracuse and was up for any role we wanted.

I'd be shocked if we bring in a grad guy anytime soon, regardless if he's willing to take a back seat, which wouldn't make sense to begin with.

You are asking the wrong guy that question. I am in favor of adding. I'm just telling you what I have been told.
That would be ridiculous. Also tendinitis surgery is not even close to a solid fix for Sid. Maybe Jim sees this as a reason to get Buddy more PT. We are going to be one injury away from being in deep water. They should be pursuing 2 players.

I'd be shocked if we bring in a grad guy anytime soon, regardless if he's willing to take a back seat, which wouldn't make sense to begin with.
So you're saying it would be impossible to find a grad transfer willing to be a role player on a potential ACC and national championship contender?

So you're saying it would be impossible to find a grad transfer willing to be a role player on a potential ACC and national championship contender?

No, I'm saying the staff has soured on the idea of bringing in a grad transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.