2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A0B72806-937D-4430-96A7-F31052C2D16B.gif

Interesting choice. Cashman, for right or wrong, doesn't seem to think experience should be a pre-requisite for managing a MLB team. Will be interesting to see how it works. Boone seems like a level-headed guy that comes from a great baseball family. Yanks probably saved some coin on the switch to Boone - not a trivial thing - as everything I read was that they were not keen on paying JG what he wanted.

Based on what?
Girardi was a proven commodity.
He clearly got thru to the team’s young players last year.
He wasn’t perfect but he knew what he was doing.
Boone is a pure unproven gamble.

He'll have experienced coaches on his staff, Rothschild and probably Pena. I'm okay with this and prefer Boone over the retreads they were looking at.

snuck (rushed) this out on a Friday...the one leading into Eli's 1st no-start on sunday which will dominate the papers.

that's what u chowda-heads col whicked smhat...

He'll have experienced coaches on his staff, Rothschild and probably Pena. I'm okay with this and prefer Boone over the retreads they were looking at.

Muelens: speaks English, Spanish and Japanese on a team with Tanaka trying to get Otani. Drafted by and played for the Yankees. Has won 3x WS rings as a coach. Coached at the minor and big league level.
Boone: Third-generation MLB. Never coached or managed. Hit a REALLY big home run.

Girardi is cackling a blunt with this hire.

Muelens: speaks English, Spanish and Japanese on a team with Tanaka trying to get Otani. Drafted by and played for the Yankees. Has won 3x WS rings as a coach. Coached at the minor and big league level.
Boone: Third-generation MLB. Never coached or managed. Hit a REALLY big home run.

I was referring to some of the other candidates and actually would have been fine with Muelens. And again, I'm not troubled by Boone. The organization took its time after parting ways with Girardi, so I'll trust this is what they deemed best.

Muelens is just as unproven as Boone so stop

Muelens is just as unproven as Boone so stop
Honestly I think so stop is unnecessary you can disagree. It’s not like I am making a stupid opinion. You can think Boone is a good hire and I don’t. Hell Kaiser who did a good job tweeking Bostonians about it was shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom