2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think so stop is unnecessary you can disagree. It’s not like I am making a stupid opinion. You can think Boone is a good hire and I don’t. Hell Kaiser who did a good job tweeking Bostonians about it was shocked.

Ok good, so you will stop

Just because you made your post I won’t. I have been respectful in these threads your post was the useless one.

Yes, you're right, your posts have been so insightful with how this is a "dumb decision", "Boone is an unproven gamble", yet somehow Muelens was not

Yes, you're right, your posts have been so insightful with how this is a "dumb decision", "Boone is an unproven gamble", yet somehow Muelens was not
Thanks for reading. There will be plenty more now I know they bother you.

39CAA157-AF2E-4F30-8D85-AB90B257E1E3.jpeg

We all know the first time Boone leaves a starting pitcher in too long that this is coming.

Actually this is fun sweetums
I think the point is that in Giardi, you had a manager that averaged 91 wins a year. You don't rehire him to hire a guy that has never coached in the big leagues let alone managed. That is a major risk that I think is a bridge too far.

I think the point is that in Giardi, you had a manager that averaged 91 wins a year. You don't rehire him to hire a guy that has never coached in the big leagues let alone managed. That is a major risk that I think is a bridge too far.

But you have no idea what the inner workings of that relationship was with upper management, with his locker room, with the younger players, because by some reports all were piss poor. How many times do people say the coach/manager gets too much praise and blame for wins/losses? Girardi managed one season before he was hired.

But you have no idea what the inner workings of that relationship was with upper management, with his locker room, with the younger players, because by some reports all were piss poor. How many times do people say the coach/manager gets too much praise and blame for wins/losses? Girardi managed one season before he was hired.
Yeah, but he was named Manager of the Year that 1 year.

He was also know as a cerebral catcher who would make a good Manager.

Spent 4 years as a Yankee.

And then spent the year before getting the job, working for the Yankees in the booth, where he was no doubt being judged everyday.

This team will autopilot its way to 80 something Wins. It’s going to be Boone’s job to find 3 more a month.

Nobody wants that wild card game again.

Yeah, but he was named Manager of the Year that 1 year.

He was also know as a cerebral catcher who would make a good Manager.

Spent 4 years as a Yankee.

And then spent the year before getting the job, working for the Yankees in the booth, where he was no doubt being judged everyday.

This team will autopilot its way to 80 something Wins. It’s going to be Boone’s job to find 3 more a month.

Nobody wants that wild card game again.
It's unlikely any manager who has ever sat in a major league dugout has ever won or lost three games a month over the course of a season through his brilliance or incompetence.

It's unlikely any manager who has ever sat in a major league dugout has ever won or lost three games a month over the course of a season through his brilliance or incompetence.
I’m nit talking about obvious decisions, but knowing the pulse of your ball club and who is lying to you etc type moves. You want to say 2x a month, fine...I’m spit balling popular thought. 1 being any random poster here could get the yanks to 81 Wins and 2. 98 is what could be needed to win th AL East.

Boone has a tough job, the floor is the World Series. Torre didn’t have that pressure till he had 3 rings, Girardi never did.

You’d have to go back to the crazy 77-87 period where it was last WS or bust every year.

Well, that sucks.
He’s clearly a weird dude.

He waits 2 years he gets 100MM.

He tells all the east coast...big $$, big media teams...no thank you.

Let him rot out there at 10pm or later...

He’s clearly a weird dude.

He waits 2 years he gets 100MM.

He tells all the east coast...big $$, big media teams...no thank you.

Let him rot out there at 10pm or later...
Yeah I'm not vindictive enough to want him to fail, but he's way less interesting now.

Yeah I'm not vindictive enough to want him to fail, but he's way less interesting now.
Less interesting is right.

I’d rather see Trout in the AL or NL East, so he be playing a NY team at least 19x a year.

Less interesting is right.

I’d rather see Trout in the AL or NL East, so he be playing a NY team at least 19x a year.
What's happening to Trout is what happened to Trevor Hoffman. Hoffman had all those saves, but so many were at 1:30 in the morning that "no one" saw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom