2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Heck, no. But it was stupid anyway. You don't need to load up your high hard one to "throw it back." I hope they tossed the guy.
I thought he was aiming at the ump

So Severino means the Yankees clearly don’t fear the A’s and want Happ twice for Boston.
Plus they don’t want Severino starting in Boston.
I would have gone with Happ or Tanaka but we shall see. Oakland has a good bullpen.
Severino is trick or treat.

Dog8qddW0AE1CqI.jpg
Dog8qddW0AE1CqI.jpg

I saw this on Twitter Yankees pitchers in the second half:

Severino: 5-6, 5.57 ERA, 1.43 WHIP, .291 BAA

Happ: 7-0, 2.62 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, .217 BAA

Tanaka: 5-4, 2.85 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, .251 BAA

This will turn into a bullpen game anyhow. Not surprised by the Sevy start

Agreed. Either of the three would have been fine, but your point about the bullpens renders it moot, anyway.

It is kind of absurd to be able to set-up a 25 man roster for one game. I think wild card teams should have to keep the same roster through the division series.

It is kind of absurd to be able to set-up a 25 man roster for one game. I think wild card teams should have to keep the same roster through the division series.

That's asymmetrical enforcement of the rules, and not a good thing. Wild card teams are either in the playoffs or they're not. You can't make them into second class citizens. Besides, it's not really a big thing, I don't think.

That's asymmetrical enforcement of the rules, and not a good thing. Wild card teams are either in the playoffs or they're not. You can't make them into second class citizens. Besides, it's not really a big thing, I don't think.
I don't really think it's a big thing either. For the Yankees, it would have only meant adding Sabathia and subtracting an extra position player. I do believe that it makes the Wild Card game something that doesn't mirror a typical regular or postseason game.

The Wild Card Game is not a "series" so I don't see why it has to follow the same roster rules as the other rounds of the playoffs.

I don't really think it's a big thing either. For the Yankees, it would have only meant adding Sabathia and subtracting an extra position player. I do believe that it makes the Wild Card game something that doesn't mirror a typical regular or postseason game.

The Wild Card Game is not a "series" so I don't see why it has to follow the same roster rules as the other rounds of the playoffs.
September baseball doesn't mirror the rest of the regular season either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom