2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

And I doubt Cole would be the pitcher that he was this season if he was a Yankee. The Astros are definitely doing something right with their pitching. They took on Verlander, Morton, and Cole with ho-hum numbers for relative peanuts and turned them into (or back into) CY candidates. The Yankees took on Sonny Gray and turned him into a non-tender candidate and can't fix Severino.

cheating

No doubt. But I think the Yankees are lukewarm on most free agents. They just got under the luxury tax. They're not about to go back over. Figure they have about $45m-50m to spend this offseason on a temporary SS, three starters, maybe a 1B, and a couple of bullpen pieces.

That's not enough money to put a $30-35m a year luxury player in there.

I disagree. Since there's a sal cap reset thanks to them being under the tax, they'll be very aggressive. Starting with Corbin. BTW, don't believe everything you read. At this point, every single team lies. What are they gonna do? Publicly salivate at the thought of signing Machado? I think Harper is more likely, but still...

I disagree. Since there's a sal cap reset thanks to them being under the tax, they'll be very aggressive. Starting with Corbin. BTW, don't believe everything you read. At this point, every single team lies. What are they gonna do? Publicly salivate at the thought of signing Machado? I think Harper is more likely, but still...
As I breathe I hope they sign Harper. A lousy outfielder and he will cost them a fortune. He will hit a bunch of HR's. Good for him.

Yanks aren't signing Harper unless the market on him comes way down. And they're convinced he can play first base without sacrificing too much defense.

Both scenarios unlikely.

I think the Phillies are going all in and try to sign both of the big names. More power to them.

Anti-Yankee bias will give it to Ohtani.

Nomo??...ROY
Ichiro??...ROY
Matsui???...not a rookie, no ROY

Ohtani??...ROY
It should be Andujar. Ohtani missed too much time.

Maybe it hurt him that he couldn't pick up his shoes at 3rd base
He could pick them up, he just kept throwing them at Keith Oberman’s mom.

Can u blame him??

giphy.gif

Didn’t Ohtani miss like 1/3 of the season? LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom