2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Cashman not getting Gerrit Cole because he didn’t want to give up Frazier was a mistake.
Cole was almost a Yankee.
Your rotation is average if Severino isn’t in form.
Severino game 3 start was worse than CC.
Yankees need a starter and they need to Diversify the offense. It’s too HR dependent. Red Sox pitchers didn’t give up a HR in games 3 and 4. The Yankee offense nothing because of that.
Yankees could flip one of their stud young guys Andujar or Torres for a pitcher and just sign Manny Machado.

The only team I could see taking Stanton in a trade he would waive his no trade clause would be the LA Dodgers.
I don't want to hear "just sign Manny Machado."

Great player, but I don't want the financial commitment.

Funny, I thought you all would have tied a bow on this thread by now...

I don't want to hear "just sign Manny Machado."

Great player, but I don't want the financial commitment.
Machado is one of those guys I would invest in.
Elite defender.
Extra base hit machine. He doesn’t just hit HRs he has a ton of doubles.
He is young so I wouldn’t have a problem giving him 8-10 years.
I wouldn’t sign Harper.
Plus you could get a real piece in a trade for Andujar or Torres.

I hope the Yankees pass on Machado he almost always hits a HR at Fenway every series these past years.

Yankees will be spenders this offseason with their payroll getting below the luxury tax. I said in this thread I was fearful of the Yankees making a deal for Madison Bumgarner. When they didn’t get him I was happy. That was the type of pitcher I trade a young guy for.

What type of player would you invest in? I hope Cashman listens to fans like you.
First, Machado wouldn't put up the numbers in Yankee stadium that he does in Baltimore. The yanks will make moves that will most probably improve their team. they have $$$ and they have prospects. I don't think the Sox can really improve their team much. The money that comes off, Hanley, Pomerantz, is going to be spent in arbitration to our younger players that are hitting arbitration. The one thing Dombrowski is good at is trades so we shall see. I think the yanks will sign Corbin and make a big trade for a starter. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a move at catcher. The Miami kid would be a fantastic fit for the yanks.

First, Machado wouldn't put up the numbers in Yankee stadium that he does in Baltimore. The yanks will make moves that will most probably improve their team. they have $$$ and they have prospects. I don't think the Sox can really improve their team much. The money that comes off, Hanley, Pomerantz, is going to be spent in arbitration to our younger players that are hitting arbitration. The one thing Dombrowski is good at is trades so we shall see. I think the yanks will sign Corbin and make a big trade for a starter. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a move at catcher. The Miami kid would be a fantastic fit for the yanks.
I won’t talk Sox in this thread out of respect for this being their thread but they will make moves.
The Yankees will sign an elite FA this offseason.
Machado is hitting .290 with 8 HRs and .478 SLG% at Yankee Stadium. He would be fine there.
I really hope he doesn’t end up in NY.

Cashman not getting Gerrit Cole because he didn’t want to give up Frazier was a mistake.
Cole was almost a Yankee.
Your rotation is average if Severino isn’t in form.
Severino game 3 start was worse than CC.
Yankees need a starter and they need to Diversify the offense. It’s too HR dependent. Red Sox pitchers didn’t give up a HR in games 3 and 4. The Yankee offense did nothing because of that.
Yankees could flip one of their stud young guys Andujar or Torres for a pitcher and just sign Manny Machado.

The only team I could see taking Stanton in a trade he would waive his no trade clause would be the LA Dodgers.

In hindsight, especially after two concussions, yeah, a Cole for Frazier deal would seem to make a lot of sense. But I don't know if anyone saw Cole's numbers this year coming. So much better than the last 2 years, and considerably better than his best year, in 2015. Doesn't usually happen when you transition from NL to AL.

I'd like the Yankees to look at Michael Brantley for LF. Would be nice to see a .300 hitter who doesn't strike out much in the lineup. The HR dependence wouldn't be such a bad thing if the players were just more disciplined to swing at strikes. Stanton was embarrassing, Sanchez chases too much.

Two things stuck out most to be about the Sox in the series. Their pitchers attacked the strike zone. Their hitters only swung at pitches in the strike zone. It was a huge difference.

In hindsight, especially after two concussions, yeah, a Cole for Frazier deal would seem to make a lot of sense. But I don't know if anyone saw Cole's numbers this year coming. So much better than the last 2 years, and considerably better than his best year, in 2015. Doesn't usually happen when you transition from NL to AL.

I'd like the Yankees to look at Michael Brantley for LF. Would be nice to see a .300 hitter who doesn't strike out much in the lineup. The HR dependence wouldn't be such a bad thing if the players were just more disciplined to swing at strikes. Stanton was embarrassing, Sanchez chases too much.

Two things stuck out most to be about the Sox in the series. Their pitchers attacked the strike zone. Their hitters only swung at pitches in the strike zone. It was a huge difference.
Jed Lowrie is the type of hitter the Yankees should try and put at 1b.
He is a grinder, doesn’t chase and would hit 20 HRs with that porch.

Your OF should be Frazier, Hicks, Judge.
Then you guys need 2 starters with atleast one of them with number 2 stuff.
Will be interesting to see if the Yankees resign Robertson as Britton is gone and I think Betances will be a FA after next year.

SP and resign Robertson are top priorities.

Then I’d like the 4th OF to be a high average and speed guy.

Ideally Frazier comes back, kills it next year and takes LF.

Sevy
Tanaka
TBA
TBA
CC

Sheffield by June.

SP and resign Robertson are top priorities.

Then I’d like the 4th OF to be a high average and speed guy.

Ideally Frazier comes back, kills it next year and takes LF.

Sevy
Tanaka
TBA
TBA
CC

Sheffield by June.
Corbin makes sense as one TBA.

Corbin makes sense as one TBA.

Corbin is a no brainer. 29 year old lefty on the upswing of his career who really wants to play for the Yankees.

Happ will probably be the other.

I wonder if they keep CC, or just go right to Sheffield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom