2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

I don’t get why Madison Bumgarner isn’t the Yankees top target.
He checks off all the boxes the Yankees need.
Trading for Machado makes little sense. Yankees right handed power is already the best in the AL if not MLB.
It’s beyond obvious the Yankees real only weakness is SP.

Trading for Machado makes little sense. Yankees right handed power is already the best in the AL if not MLB.

I think its pretty clear actually. Bumgarner is an elite level pitcher with several years control left at a ridiculously low salary compared to his performance, as such your going to to have to give up a kings ransom to get him, even more then Boston gave to get Sale and way more then the Astros did for Verlander. The Giants are going to want/demand Sheffield, Frazier, at least one of Torres and Andujar if not both and probably another high end prospect like Florial or a guy like Chad Green. The price tag is simply not worth it.

I think its pretty clear actually. Bumgarner is an elite level pitcher with several years control left at a ridiculously low salary compared to his performance, as such your going to to have to give up a kings ransom to get him, even more then Boston gave to get Sale and way more then the Astros did for Verlander. The Giants are going to want/demand Sheffield, Frazier, at least one of Torres and Andujar if not both and probably another high end prospect like Florial or a guy like Chad Green. The price tag is simply not worth it.
The Giants want to rebuild.
I would give up Sheffield and Frazier as headliners for Mad-Bum.
He isn’t old. He is only 28.
You don’t give off your major league roster but giving up prospects for a stud shouldn’t be a question. You don’t overpay but you gotta give up real talent which Sheffield/Frazier would be.
Sox give up 2 stud prospects for Sale.
Bumgarner is easily the guy you guys can cash in on and have a 2nd ace for 5-8 years.

The Giants want to rebuild.
I would give up Sheffield and Frazier as headliners for Mad-Bum.
He isn’t old. He is only 28.
You don’t give off your major league roster but giving up prospects for a stud shouldn’t be a question. You don’t overpay but you gotta give up real talent which Sheffield/Frazier would be.
Sox give up 2 stud prospects for Sale.
Bumgarner is easily the guy you guys can cash in on and have a 2nd ace for 5-8 years.

The Giants aren't moving Bumgarner for Sheffield and Frazier, there going to want at least one of Torres and Andujuar plus others. Bumgarner is lights out in the playoffs and is going to cost more then Sale did. Unless the Giants lower the price he isn't going anywhere.

Bumgarner is an elite level pitcher with several years control left at a ridiculously low salary compared to his performance.
Bumgarner is only under control though 2019.

He will be 29 in August.

Diversionary tactic. Only thing I can think of that makes sense.

The Giants aren't moving Bumgarner for Sheffield and Frazier, there going to want at least one of Torres and Andujuar plus others. Bumgarner is lights out in the playoffs and is going to cost more then Sale did. Unless the Giants lower the price he isn't going anywhere.
Bumgarner is 6-12 over the last two years. He isn't going to cost more than Sale did. Having said that, I don't think the Giants will trade him.

Bumgarner is 6-12 over the last two years. He isn't going to cost more than Sale did. Having said that, I don't think the Giants will trade him.

Thats because he's been hurt, the guy is unhittable in the playoffs and an ACE pitcher when healthy. Its going to take a ton to get him.

Thats because he's been hurt, the guy is unhittable in the playoffs and an ACE pitcher when healthy. Its going to take a ton to get him.
He was unhittable. What he did a few years ago matters very little right now.

He was unhittable. What he did a few years ago matters very little right now.
It’s the move the Yankees should actually be in on.
Bumgarner isn’t done. He is only 28.
If Red Sox got caught they have Sale for the one game playoff.
I think Severino is good and on his way to a possible Cy Young he showed in the one game playoff the moment can get too big. Mad-Bum is money in October.
Not just 2016 but 2014 as well and he won a game in 2012 WS as well.

It’s the move the Yankees should actually be in on.
Bumgarner isn’t done. He is only 28.
If Red Sox got caught they have Sale for the one game playoff.
I think Severino is good and on his way to a possible Cy Young he showed in the one game playoff the moment can get too big. Mad-Bum is money in October.
Not just 2016 but 2014 as well and he won a game in 2012 WS as well.
Things change fast for starting pitchers.

Things change fast for starting pitchers.
Madison Bumgarner Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
He still gives up less hits than innings pitched. That is the number that tells you about a pitcher’s stuff.
His Era + is Elite.
Bumgarner isn’t showing signs of decline.
His injury wasn’t involving his pitching arm/shoulder he hurt his non pitching side riding an ATV.
Some team is going to get this guy and he is a difference maker.
Braves are my guess if the Yankees pass.

For those of you playing John Sterling bingo: "Tyler Waded into that pitch"

Dh3lOhnXkAAzJzv.jpg

Last edited:
Madison Bumgarner Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
He still gives up less hits than innings pitched. That is the number that tells you about a pitcher’s stuff.
His Era + is Elite.
Bumgarner isn’t showing signs of decline.
His injury wasn’t involving his pitching arm/shoulder he hurt his non pitching side riding an ATV.
Some team is going to get this guy and he is a difference maker.
Braves are my guess if the Yankees pass.
The better question is, why would the Giants be a seller when they are 3 1/2 games back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom