2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Disappointing. And that supposedly is what contributed to Girardi getting fired.

Last edited:
Sanchez enjoying a nice dish of spaghetti.
th

Watched the YES excerpt someone posted and one of the commentators referred to Sanchez as a future Hall of Famer...

Ummm...is he seeing something I am not? His offense, at best, has been inconsistent...his defense and catching behind the plate is not good...Only think going for him right now is he one of the best at throwing out runners and his HR ability. Add in the fact he hasn't improved on catching/defense and now this.

The only reason the Yankees haven't shopped him, is that unfortunately the only area they don't have much depth in the system is at C.

At a minimum, Gardy and CC should be having a "chat" with him.

Watched the YES excerpt someone posted and one of the commentators referred to Sanchez as a future Hall of Famer...

Bob Lorenz said that Sanchez has "Hall of Fame talent", but the only thing holding him back is "Gary Sanchez".

Bob Lorenz said that Sanchez has "Hall of Fame talent", but the only thing holding him back is "Gary Sanchez".

The first year and half we saw the talent...not sure where that talent has gone since.

Also, I would be kind of ticked if I was Severino. Not only did his 1st inning lack of hustle put him behind but his lack of hustle running to 1B cemented the loss.

I would be curious to know who Yankees pitchers prefer calling a game behind the plate...

Ironically, the last time Sanchez actually hustled to 1st base, he hurt himself. :oops:

Well it's up to Boone to determine if this is psychological in that he worries about getting hurt again or if he was just being lazy...either way he doesn't need to be on the field until its figured out and something is done about it...

Call me underwhelmed. Hopefully it means giving up pretty much nothing to get him.
Yeah, not sure we get a ton better with that trade.

Boone's got a great opportunity to show why he's the man for the job. So far it's been pretty clear sailing but things are a little rough right now. Leadership from the manager can make or break how they come out of this.

I wonder if the Yankees are:

A. Interested in Britton to keep him away from the sux or the Astros.
B. Have decided to get more depth in the bullpen as they can't find a decent SP at a reasonable price.
C. Concerned about Chappie's knee.
D. All of the above.

B. Have decided to get more depth in the bullpen as they can't find a decent SP at a reasonable price.
D. All of the above.
I would say D, but choice C is my biggest concern.

So why didn't he just say that last night? He is the one who started the lazy talk by saying that he should have run out both plays...

So why didn't he just say that last night? He is the one who started the lazy talk by saying that he should have run out both plays...
Figure his agent gave him that story.

D. All of the above.

I don’t think we need B. We have a great bullpen and they are all performing. Long relief. Short relief. Setup. Closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom