2019 class predictions.

littlereg

845 hoops extraordinaire
Interested in what people think. I see it like this:
Goodine-PG
Girard-CG
Guerrier-Wing
Akok-PF

Center is interesting and really hard to predict. I would love to say Stewart but who knows. Landing Girard could really help and to me, going to Argentina tells me that we have a shot. I think we make his final list. I don’t think he ends up at Duke as they’ll land Carey. For now I think he’s East Lancing bound. So for now my prediction will be:
Wahab-C

Using the class calculator on 2 fo 7 and looking at the 2018 class rankings after all said and done that would’ve put us at 19. So this 2019 class would put us in the top 20 or so.

Goodine is a given.
Girard, III looks like more of a strong possibility.

Akok Akok is more of a medium than a high probability.

Not sure of Guerrier being a medium possibility
Whitney is in the same category.

If there is an chance for Stewart, it may be in lieu of both Guerrier and Whitney.
If we do not get Whitney or Guerrier, we are covered at SG / SF with Hughes, Boeheim and Akok Akok as well as Goodine and Girard, III

If it is between Syracuse and UConn for Cockburn, I am hoping for Cockburn.
While I am not always a proponent of this strategy, I tell both Cockburn and Wahab that Syracuse will take the first one that signs.

Goodine
Girard, III
Akok Akok
Stewart (wishful thinking)
Cockburn or Wahab

My prediction:
Goodine
Akok
Girard
Wahab

I'd love to get Stewart over Wahab, but if the above ends up happening I'd be very pleased with the class. I'd also rather have Guerrier over Girard, but if Girard is needed to lure Stewart, then bring in Joe!

Is it probable that we strikeout with BOTH Guerrier and Whitney? If so that would be unfortunate. Wahab is a big downgrade from Cockburn IMO. Could really use an explosive SF who can handle/shoot/drive.

Is it probable that we strikeout with BOTH Guerrier and Whitney? If so that would be unfortunate. Wahab is a big downgrade from Cockburn IMO. Could really use an explosive SF who can handle/shoot/drive.
We may strike out with Whitney in the end, especially if Duke gets involved, but I still think Guerrier comes here once his recruitment gets going. Cuse is clearly one of his top choices and we’ll need a SF. Better to run Carey, Hughes and Buddy at guards in 2018-19. Guerrier can play SF. (Assuming Oshae turns pro after next season, unless coches are assuming he stays for 1 more.) there’s also been some talk of QG going to college next season but starting in the winter (2nd semester), a la Hami Diallo. I wonder if we would still be involved if that were to happen.

I'll play this again.. not sure what thread someone asked me this a little while back...
Goodine, JG3, Guerrier, Akok, Cockburn (Wahab, Jones, or Ajak are a good backup plans)-- I just don't feel Stewart will join this Orange '19 Class, but I hope I'm wrong on that one.

I feel pretty good about the first 4. Center position is tough. It'd be fantastic to add a big bodied C that can play right away in Stewart/Cockburn. Just not so sure that will happen. With PC and BS already in the fold for us, taking one of the other cats that aren't quite ready to contribute full time isn't such a bad thing. You can always add a big in '20 as well like a Dickinson, Omoruyi, or Hutchins-Everett.

I'll play this again.. not sure what thread someone asked me this a little while back...
Goodine, JG3, Guerrier, Akok, Cockburn (Wahab, Jones, or Ajak are a good backup plans)-- I just don't feel Stewart will join this Orange '19 Class, but I hope I'm wrong on that one.

I feel pretty good about the first 4. Center position is tough. It'd be fantastic to add a big bodied C that can play right away in Stewart/Cockburn. Just not so sure that will happen. With PC and BS already in the fold for us, taking one of the other cats that aren't quite ready to contribute full time isn't such a bad thing. You can always add a big in '20 as well like a Dickinson, Omoruyi, or Hutchins-Everett.
I agree with you 100%. I’m really confident with the first 4, with center being the question mark of who we land.

Chukwu is graduating after this year, if I'm not mistaken? We need at least one center for the Class of 2019.

Chukwu is graduating after this year, if I'm not mistaken? We need at least one center for the Class of 2019.
Yes, but there was chatter of him getting another year (medical) post grad. Not a definite though. I agree we need to add a big.

Yes, but there was chatter of him getting another year (medical) post grad. Not a definite though. I agree we need to add a big.

PC has been quoted recently that he doesn't want a 6th year.
Even if he is eligible for it, which is not a given.

Goodine, Q or JG, Akok and Wahab is our class..I don't think we get both JG and Q unfortunately, but I hope I'm wrong

Goodine, Q or JG, Akok and Wahab is our class..I don't think we get both JG and Q unfortunately, but I hope I'm wrong

Yeah that doesn’t make much sense to me... QG is prototype SU F and has been an SU lean for awhile (according to some).

Girard is a combo guard. They don’t play the same position so I don’t understand how their recruitments are linked?

Would Goodine, Girard, Akok and Quincy be a successful class with Kai Jones at center, because it's sounding more and more likely at this point?
Curiosity, where does it say that Kai Jones is more interested in Syracuse than any of the other 34 schools that have offered him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom