2019 class predictions. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2019 class predictions.

I kind of want to pass on Carrigan if it comes to it. Those type of targets NEVER qualify for us.

Not really a fan of his game, but we could go after Tyrese Samuel if we miss on Akok.

Now Believe that this will be a five man class with the 5th person being a decision between Isiah Stewart and Akok Akok.

Right now, it is projected that Howard, Chukwu, Battle and maybe Brissette will leave and currently we have two openings. If Brissette does not leave that is 5 openings. I realize that Buddy’s scholarship could be an option but is it needed this year? Might be better to let him keep it until it is really needed?

For example in 2020 (next year), there is a scenario (good chance) that Syracuse may not have any scholarships available for new recruits, especially if they give 6 scholarships this year. If that happens, then we could miss out on recruits like Scottie Barnes, Patterson, Samir Torrence and others. This assumes that players like Carey, Dolesai and Braswell do not leave as early as after this year

While they could have a 6 man class, why do it? Just because they have possibly 6 available, does not mean that they need to take 6.

Now Believe that this will be a five man class with the 5th person being a decision between Isiah Stewart and Akok Akok.

Right now, it is projected that Howard, Chukwu, Battle and maybe Brissette will leave and currently we have two openings. If Brissette does not leave that is 5 openings. I realize that Buddy’s scholarship could be an option but is it needed this year? Might be better to let him keep it until it is really needed?

For example in 2020 (next year), there is a scenario (good chance) that Syracuse may not have any scholarships available for new recruits, especially if they give 6 scholarships this year. If that happens, then we could miss out on recruits like Scottie Barnes, Patterson, Samir Torrence and others. This assumes that players like Carey, Dolesai and Braswell do not leave as early as after this year

While they could have a 6 man class, why do it? Just because they have possibly 6 available, does not mean that they need to take 6.

I think if there are 6 they like and that want to come, they take 6. The threat of running out of scholarships for 2020 is of course possible, but absolutely never happens. There is always something completely unexpected that happens and we always have scholarships open.

I recently read a NBA draft projection that had Brissette mid 1st round, Battle early second round, Howard mid 2nd round, and Chukwu just missed being picked.

I recently read a NBA draft projection that had Brissette mid 1st round, Battle early second round, Howard mid 2nd round, and Chukwu just missed being picked.
Yeah, I read that article too. I also read an article that said Battle was going to be drafted in 2018 NBA Draft. He ended up returning to college.

While Brissette is a good player and has a lot of potential, a scenario could occur where Brissette does not stay in the draft and returns to Syracuse. Just putting that out there early in case of something out of the ordinary occurs.

Reassessment:
Stewart is unsure where he may go to school. So it is anyone’s guess/game except someone has a friend in Stewart’s circle?who said he’s not going to Syracuse.

Akok Akok was favored for Syracuse but UCONN insiders stated that he has committed to them. Hurley put on the full court press and is trying really hard to land him.

Not sure about Wahab and Cockburn because it is very quiet from their camps even though that each have scheduled a visit to the Cuse. I get a feeling that Cockburn will go to the school with the most interest (just a feeling with no basi$).

Dimon Carrigan is a wildcard who probably have more of Syracuse lean if Stewart does not come to the Cuse.

We have 3 commitments in Goodine, Girard3 and Ajak. Guerrier commits on 31 October hopefully to Syracuse. I feel if we get Stewart then Akok Akok will not come to Syracuse. If we don’t get Stewart, we could have Akok and Carrigan. If we don’t get Akok or Stewart, we could get 1-2 of the following (Cockburn, Carrigan, Wahab). Confused!!

It may comes down to who commits (hopefully to Syracuse) first (Stewart or Akok).

Last edited:
Reassessment:
Stewart is unsure where he may go to school. So it is anyone’s guess/game except someone has a friend in Stewart’s circle?who said he’s not going to Syracuse.

Akok Akok was favored for Syracuse but UCONN insiders stated that he has committed to them. Hurley put on the full court press and even (supposedly) was at the airport when Akok was flying to Syracuse for a visit.

Not sure about Wahab and Cockburn because it is very quiet from their camps even though that each have scheduled a visit to the Cuse. I get a feeling that Cockburn will go to the school with the most interest (just a feeling with no basi$).

Dimon Carrigan is a wildcard who probably have more of Syracuse lean if Stewart does not come to the Cuse.

We have 3 commitments in Goodine, Girard3 and Ajak. Guerrier commits on 31 October hopefully to Syracuse. I feel if we get Stewart then Akok Akok will not come to Syracuse. If we don’t get Stewart, we could have Akok and Carrigan. If we don’t get Akok or Stewart, we could get 1-2 of the following (Cockburn, Carrigan, Wahab). Confused!!

It may comes down to who commits (hopefully to Syracuse) first (Stewart or Akok).
Small steps at a time. Guerrier first is critical

Akok Akok was favored for Syracuse but UCONN insiders stated that he has committed to them. Hurley put on the full court press and even (supposedly) was at the airport when Akok was flying to Syracuse for a visit.

Where in the heck did you come up with this nugget? I'm pretty sure, as in 99.9% sure, that is 100% BS.

for me, the recruitment itself is actually quite boring, and the clownshow of poseurs is more distracting than entertaining
Yeah, I agree. But, I love the nonsense. Everyone trying to read every little piece of information. The rationalizing...the hope...the despair. All over a 19 year old kid. BTW, happy birthday Akok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom