2019 commits | Syracusefan.com

2019 commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangefan1

All Conference
Looks to me like all these other schools are reeling in too recruits and many of hem not from blue blood schools. I’m tired of hearing people say barely anyone is committing when I check and even UCONN had a recent four star commit. We can’t even convince a recruit three hours from here to commit. Instead he prefers BC and everyone is fine with that. Something is off with our recruiting strategy in my opinion.

Commitment tracker for top prospects in 2019

Looks to me like all these other schools are reeling in too recruits and many of hem not from blue blood schools. I’m tired of hearing people say barely anyone is committing when I check and even UCONN had a recent four star commit. We can’t even convince a recruit three hours from here to commit. Instead he prefers BC and everyone is fine with that. Something is off with our recruiting strategy in my opinion.

Isn’t Goodine a 2019 recruit? Be patient..it’s still early.

I think the news we got tonight with Duarte going to Oregon puts us in a better position with Quincy. Goodine, Carrigan, Quincy, Kai and JBA as a project center would be a decent haul. I don't expect us to land Akok, but that's pure speculation. If we landed him along with the others above, that has the potential to be a really really good class.

Goodine is already verbally committed.
Carrigan is down to SU and Florida (I think)
The odds of landing Quincy just went up.
Kai bumped another official visit to come to SU (a promising sign).

Keep the faith.

Last edited:

You really, really, need to relax

Your post lacks perspective, putting it mildly.

I’m just annoyed. Lost in on Bryant, Stewart, Girard, we seem to be getting away from recruiting NY kids or strike out. We are either getting in too late or our pitch is wrong. Now we are settling on a 3 Star center visiting soon and Wahab seems to be moving on from us. Lost Swider which I felt at the time was a big deal, but to nova who has benefited the most from us leaving the big east. We need a big year this year.

Still think we're in a great position to land Akok & Guerrier.

Centers... who knows, but if we get one of the three top-tier guys we are after (Stewart, Jones, Carrigan) or the b-lister (JBA), to go along with Bourama, we should be fine. Plus Akok can slide in and be a Tyler Lydon kinda guy (I think).

Plus Goodine, who is the next MCW with a jumper (just a feeling I have). Kid is legit.

Plus we have Hughes, Boeheim, Carey, Sidibe, Dolezaj & Braswell all scheduled to return. Yes, we'll lose a ton but we'll have more coming back than we've had a couple of times that we've been pretty good.

Plus Jim Boeheim is engaged. That's a huge key.

Not worried at all.

I’m just annoyed. Lost in on Bryant, Stewart, Girard, we seem to be getting away from recruiting NY kids or strike out. We are either getting in too late or our pitch is wrong. Now we are settling on a 3 Star center visiting soon and Wahab seems to be moving on from us. Lost Swider which I felt at the time was a big deal, but to nova who has benefited the most from us leaving the big east. We need a big year this year.

Your perspective is poor. If you are going to follow recruiting as closely as we do today, you have to realize that the recruiting game involves many more guys that end up at other places than end up at SU. All sorts of reason for it, including a leveling of the recruiting playing field over the years.

We've always lost out on NY kids, you just don't really recall the losses or in retrospect as time passes you may not consider them "losses" but we've never gotten all of the top guys from NY, or even from upstate NY. e.g. Sam Perkins, King Rice, Elton Brand, Ryan Blackwell (first time), Greg Paulus, Andray Blatche, Randy Jones, Steve Wright, Adonal Foyle, Bernard Blunt, Christian Laettner, Curtis Aiken, Tom Sheehey, Willie Deane, Jimmer Fredette, Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury, Sebastian Telfair......just to name a few over the years.

Still think we're in a great position to land Akok & Guerrier.

Centers... who knows, but if we get one of the three top-tier guys we are after (Stewart, Jones, Carrigan) or the b-lister (JBA), to go along with Bourama, we should be fine. Plus Akok can slide in and be a Tyler Lydon kinda guy (I think).

Plus Goodine, who is the next MCW with a jumper (just a feeling I have). Kid is legit.

Plus we have Hughes, Boeheim, Carey, Sidibe, Dolezaj & Braswell all scheduled to return. Yes, we'll lose a ton but we'll have more coming back than we've had a couple of times that we've been pretty good.

Plus Jim Boeheim is engaged. That's a huge key.

Not worried at all.
I hope you're right but my feeling is (just gut feeling, no inside info) that it is more likely we lose Hughes, Carey and Marek than it is we return all 3. I'd bet a lot of money we lose at least one...

I hope you're right but my feeling is (just gut feeling, no inside info) that it is more likely we lose Hughes, Carey and Marek than it is we return all 3. I'd bet a lot of money we lose at least one...

I'd take that bet. I don't think there is enough playing time with Howard, Battle and OB back for any of those three guys to make enough of an impression that they would be in a position to go pro.

This should be a banner year for SU recruiting. Lots of available minutes at 3-4-5. No sanctions, no coaching issues, FBI probe has killed "the bag"
excuse. Everything should be inline for JB and staff to land a great class.

This should be a banner year for SU recruiting. Lots of available minutes at 3-4-5. No sanctions, no coaching issues, FBI probe has killed "the bag"
excuse. Everything should be inline for JB and staff to land a great class.

I agree with you, but I don't think the FBI investigation did or will do much to stop the corruption. I think the entire system is corrupt, and programs with deep pockets can get away with it, and potentially steer the NCAA to look at their closest competition. I think it's hard to compete these days without succumbing to the greed that has infested this sport. I don't have the ties/connections that I used to, but recruiting today is nothing like it was even 15 years ago. It's much harder to be successful today than it was back in the day...

That said, this season should be fun. I think the next 2-3 years hold the best window of opportunity for JB and Syracuse to have a chance at another Championship.

Louisville and Arizona don’t seem to be having a problem and they have the FBI on their tail

They also have a fair amount of money too. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if slick Rick took a bag to play the fall guy. But I don't know that, and I'm not by any means suggesting it's true. I just think it's plausible, and I think the corruption is that deep. Louisville's program should be toast, but it's not... hmmmm.

Not sure why people keep bringing up Marek leaving. Multiple people have said he loves it here.

We've always lost out on NY kids, you just don't really recall the losses or in retrospect as time passes you may not consider them "losses" but we've never gotten all of the top guys from NY, or even from upstate NY. e.g. Sam Perkins, King Rice, Elton Brand, Ryan Blackwell (first time), Greg Paulus, Andray Blatche, Randy Jones, Steve Wright, Adonal Foyle, Bernard Blunt, Christian Laettner, Curtis Aiken, Tom Sheehey, Willie Deane, Jimmer Fredette, Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury, Sebastian Telfair...just to name a few over the years.
omg, this one hurts me to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.