2019 Fall Ball ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Ball ...

D3E4E1D4-B94B-47FE-872F-105CD1360E3F.jpeg

Nope. Just nope. The STX helmets are awful. So much so that my desire to follow the team has instantly decreased.
I’d much prefer the cascade helmets anyday of the week over stx :mad::vomit:

I think the facemasks bother me the most. They are too, I don’t know, square? They should be more angular and the top bar should be tucked under the brim of the helmet. They’re just awful to look at.

Either that picture is warped slightly or we are going to be looking like a bunch of coneheads next season. Why do they bend up so high in the middle? Did they accidentally use a football design?

No, that’s what they look like. They’re terrible

Both Duke and UNC wear them and I don't think I notice that much of a difference to be honest. Some of the designs they've done with the UNC helmets have actually been pretty cool.

That said Cascade is clearly the best helmet out there, and the amount of different looks they've been able to create over the years have been pretty special. It's definitely a bummer to lose them as a sponsor. The STX one they've been posting on social media, the logo looks distorted. Not a big fan of it all. Hope it gets fixed before the season. Tucker Dordevic posted a video of it on Instagram.

Now, if you don't want to follow the team based on the helmet ... I'm not sure what to tell you. It is still only a helmet, and certainly beats the Brine helmets they wore in 2005.

I’m not saying I’m going to stop following the team, but my enthusiasm has been dampened. They’re going to look like a bunch of clowns

I’m not saying I’m going to stop following the team, but my enthusiasm has been dampened. They’re going to look like a bunch of clowns

They are ugly compared to Cascade, but it would need to be a heck of a lot worse for me to actually lose even a tiny amount of overall enthusiasm for the team.

I feel like we are due for some news on who is leaving the team this year. Last year news came out earlier than now about who was transferring/leaving early. Anyone know anything? It's a mighty big roster if everyone stays.

I feel like we are due for some news on who is leaving the team this year. Last year news came out earlier than now about who was transferring/leaving early. Anyone know anything? It's a mighty big roster if everyone stays.

When they update the roster, we'll all know.

When they update the roster, we'll all know.

I don't think they update the roster online till the start of the new year. Someone usually posts a roster from the Alumni Game though. They usually put out a press release announcing new comers around this time of the year, but I thought we would have seen it by now. A number of teams have updated their rosters already, Hopkins, Denver, Loyola and Yale among them.

I don't think they update the roster online till the start of the new year. Someone usually posts a roster from the Alumni Game though. They usually put out a press release announcing new comers around this time of the year, but I thought we would have seen it by now. A number of teams have updated their rosters already, Hopkins, Denver, Loyola and Yale among them.

SU will send out an announcement, expect it will be out any day at this point.

They did it last year.

I'll be at the Alum game this year anyways.

I thought I heard STX partnered with Schutt to make these helmets and they're actually safer and more comfortable. Any truth to that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom