2019 Fall Camp: Practice Day #3, Monday, 8/5/2019 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Camp: Practice Day #3, Monday, 8/5/2019

it means that they're training richards to be a tweener for multiple packages
Suggs and Mack like? In position description only of course

Our freshman courtney jackson was the one who made the sick catch not TJ. Kid is gunna be a nice surprise.

I'm expecting nothing from him this season.

Let him learn.
Same. And same for Markenzy. Fact is though they’re big boys. Ball protection will be keys for their future.

So I take the Richards at DE thing to mean one of the freshmen lbs is going to play a lot.

And I feel pretty good about that. If we can go 4 disruptive DEs and then start Richards and Jonathan next season that's pretty awesome.
I think its a little bit of both. Plus Richards is more valuable on the LOS. In their 3rd down packages he was best at rushing the passer and dropping zone as a spy.

I think its a little bit of both. Plus Richards is more valuable on the LOS. In their 3rd down packages he was best at rushing the passer and dropping zone as a spy.
Yeah, he seems like the kind of guy you can just put on the field somewhere and let something happen.

Not really, he could lead the ACC in targets. TJ and TD have good chemistry. Expecting excellent things, tbh.
When you're running 40 passing plays per game, the primary receivers may be targeted 10x. Ishmael and Etta-Tawo are top ten ACC single season. Who's to say we couldn't do better with a better passer?

So by the looks of these videos, Offense won today...

I will say... there are no other Tom's, Thomas's, or Tommy's on the roster, other than #13. I'm sure the reporter could have meant the Assistant Provost Tommy Powell, but that's a bit of a stretch.

I understand why you'd answer a question like that with that response, I guess, but the reporter must be wondering "who else could I have meant?"...

IF Courtney is this year's Frosh phenom WR (like Taj was last year), who kind of 'forces' the coaches to play him, then we're really cooking with gas at the receiver position. :cool:

And this is not to count out Sharod or Anthony Queeley, or any of the other guys -
any of whom could also "snowball into something that catches fire" :p for us this year, if they can earn that chance.

IF Courtney is this year's Frosh phenom WR (like Taj was last year), who kind of 'forces' the coaches to play him, then we're really cooking with gas at the receiver position. :cool:

And this is not to count out Sharod or Anthony Queeley, or any of the other guys -
any of whom could also "snowball into something that catches fire" :p for us this year, if they can earn that chance.

To me, the thing that's exciting about a prospect like Courtney Jackson being too good to keep off the field is that it doesn't just give us warm bodies to throw out there -- the opposition would have to cover somebody like that with a DIME CB, or a safety. Advantage: us.

ALSO, very surprised to see Tisdale running with the 1's @ OL. Hope it means that he's ready to contribute quickly -- either as a starter or as a reserve. Certainly bodes well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom