2019 High School Lacrosse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2019 High School Lacrosse

FM 13
Liverpool 10

Caves 4-1

I don't think caves played a lot because it was a blowout, but what's crazy is that a kid that has scored 1 point all year had 9-3 yesterday.

RFA is god awful, they never recovered from the closure of Griffis AFB.

I don't think caves played a lot because it was a blowout, but what's crazy is that a kid that has scored 1 point all year had 9-3 yesterday.
amazing what happens when a kid is given a chance to play... that and RFa is bad

a lot of the HS coaches hold kids back with poor evaluation/usage and their crap systems. sad to see really

So far Rosa has 14/4 on the season

Caves has 19/16

Mackenzie at cba has 9/26

Delano has 32/12

Yacavone has 22/11

Durkin has 27/34
Keib 19/11

Madonna 34/18
Palumb 10/6
Houtaling has 10/10 through 4 games only.

Piroli has 7/3

Eccles has 25/17

May have missed a couple players but these are some of the interesting players here.

Let me add a couple of more.

Jake Edinger (Tully) headed to Denver - 21/12
Will Hardy (Tully) 2021 sophomore, little brother of Dan & Tom - 15/11 (was 19/24 as a freshman)

Boys and girls lacrosse -- Approved new classification numbers for the four divisions in both sports that will take effect in the 2020-21 school year.

New classes in boys lacrosse would be (current numbers in parentheses):

Class A - 1,060 and up (1,050 and up)

Class B - 765-1,059 (750-1,049)

Class C - 430-764 (425-749)

Class D - 429 and under (424 and under)

Boys lacrosse -- Approved a bid from Hofstra University to host the state finals in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Also selected SUNY-Cortland to host the West semifinal games for those years, choosing that bid over one from Cicero-North Syracuse.

a lot of the HS coaches hold kids back with poor evaluation/usage and their crap systems. sad to see really

Care to explain? Just curious as to your thoughts on this.

Care to explain? Just curious as to your thoughts on this.
HS have to make hires based on teachers in the district. There are exceptions to this however, fairly restrictive. For the schools that do not value Lax, they basically just roll out a "teacher" that has experience coaching or was a former player. Absolutely none of that qualifies them to be a "good"coach. CNS is a perfect example. Some good talent but utterly inept "coaching" on all levels this season. Good news is the tide is about to turn...:cool:

HS have to make hires based on teachers in the district. There are exceptions to this however, fairly restrictive. For the schools that do not value Lax, they basically just roll out a "teacher" that has experience coaching or was a former player. Absolutely none of that qualifies them to be a "good"coach. CNS is a perfect example. Some good talent but utterly inept "coaching" on all levels this season. Good news is the tide is about to turn...:cool:

That is either a school-specific or state-specific rule. I’m the head coach of a H.S. team outside of NY and I’m not a teacher.

I went to high school in New York and my head coach was required to be a teacher, but that was a school district policy. Not sure if it was a NYSPHSAA rule or state law.

That is either a school-specific or state-specific rule. I’m the head coach of a H.S. team outside of NY and I’m not a teacher.

I went to high school in New York and my head coach was required to be a teacher, but that was a school district policy. Not sure if it was a NYSPHSAA rule or state law.

I think this might be school district specific.

The town I live in (greater Rochester area) recently changed varsity coaches.

The departed coach wasn't a teacher anywhere and the new coach teaches in a different district.

Pretty sure Irondequoit’s coach is not a teacher. Financial planner or something like that