2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

Oh my, what a brutal error by the Brewers.
Nats take the lead.

But then one of my biggest pet peeves in baseball. Guys get a hit that drives in run, and he feels he then has the right to run the bases like a total goofball and get called out. Happens all the time. And yet all the fans and his team are OK with such idiocy because they get the run.

I don't think the Nats were envisioning Daniel Hudson as their closer when they acquired him from the Jays in a fairly minor deal.

Worked out well for them.

It's been 15 years since the GNats took my expos... starting to be OK with them winning. But those Washington trolls that came on Expos fan boards for the last 5 years of their existence were a combination of a UConn / Hoya / Duke fan all rolled into one. They scarred me!

This game flew by I wish all playoff games were this fast.
Nationals have Corbin for game 1.
So the Dodgers have a legit opponent.
Strasburg game 2, and Schrezer game 3.

Ron Darling: "Finally, something good happens for the Nationals in this ball park." I can agree with that.

Washington was the better team. They should give the Dodgers a good test.

Kershaw vs Scherzer will be an interesting battle. Arguably the two best pitchers of the last 10 years, and guaranteed hall of famers if they retire now. YET both have been very mediocre come playoff time. Which one will turn it around?

That pitch hit Taylor's bat before it hit his hand.

I actually thought I saw it hit his hand, deflect down onto the rounded edge of the knob, and then off toward his shoulder. If it went bat to hand, it couldn't have come off at that angle to his shoulder. But that's just IMHO.

Kershaw vs Scherzer will be an interesting battle. Arguably the two best pitchers of the last 10 years, and guaranteed hall of famers if they retire now. YET both have been very mediocre come playoff time. Which one will turn it around?
Are the Dodgers going to pitch Kershaw in game 3?

I could see them going Ryu in game 1 but I am pitching Kershaw in LA.
Buehler would be my game 3 starter.
I think LA has the deepest team in baseball but there weakness in the bullpen could cost them any series.

I actually thought I saw it hit his hand, deflect down onto the knob, and then off toward his shoulder. If it went bat to hand, it couldn't have come off at that angle to his shoulder. But that's just IMHO.

It was so close.

In the end, if Hader comes in wild like that I am OK giving the benefit to Taylor.

I don't think they will go head to head. Just making an observation that it will be interesting to see if one of them finally steps up. I guess Scherzer will likely only get one start.

Unless they have Scherzer go in game 2 on 3 days rest, and then he can go in game 5 on full rest (due to the stupid excessive days off). But using Strasburg in that role would make more sense.

So if I am Washington

G1 - Corbin
G2 - Strasburg
G3 - Scherzer
G4 - Sanchez
G5 - Strasburg on Full Rest

You then have Corbin ready to go 2-4 innings in G4 / G5.

I like that there is actual incentive to win a division. If you don’t, then you are subject to the randomness of a one-game wildcard.

MBL's regular season is illegitimate until they balance the schedule. playing freaking teams in your division 19 times while still competing with teams in the other divisions for two wild card spots.

so rays got to face the orioles and jays 38 times.
the A's only had one true door mat in their division.

A's deserve to go to the next round on this basis alone.

MLB baserunners this season have been such dumbasses.
I agree - running the bases and playing the outfield are skill sets that are vanishing. The Nats LF in the 5th misplaying that ball, chasing it down and delivering a red hot 4 foot 75 hopper to the cut off man was also great.

Yeah, I was hoping for the Brewers. Washington’s top 3 pitchers are awfully tough.

I think LA has the deepest team in baseball but there weakness in the bullpen could cost them any series.

I believe the plan is Kershaw in game 3.

Oh my, what a brutal error by the Brewers.
Nats take the lead.

But then one of my biggest pet peeves in baseball. Guys get a hit that drives in run, and he feels he then has the right to run the bases like a total goofball and get called out. Happens all the time. And yet all the fans and his team are OK with such idiocy because they get the run.

That is a little bit akin to a guy scoring a TD and then taunting afterward for a 15 yarder and then they have to kick off from their own 20. You see both of these rather frequently - really dumb.

Soto said he kept going to draw a throw and keep it away from home.

Anyway - odd play, was there and figured it was a two run single then Rendon came around and it was just chaos.

I did appreciate the speed of the game compared to the other Nats do or die five hour drainfests.

Every team is different. This Twins team is very different than prior versions.

Baseball has been predictable in the playoffs the last few years. But it is typically the most random of all playoffs.
I'll believe it when I see it the twins gag whenever the yankees are in the other dugout.

Soto said he kept going to draw a throw and keep it away from home.

Anyway - odd play, was there and figured it was a two run single then Rendon came around and it was just chaos.

I did appreciate the speed of the game compared to the other Nats do or die five hour drainfests.

I figured you were there. Was a great ending if you’re a Nats fan.

I figured you were there. Was a great ending if you’re a Nats fan.

It was a great - it was also a well paced game. So many of those have taken forever. Was home by midnight (which was also a byproduct of a great parking spot).