2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

If game 4 is postponed, I would stick with the plan for a bullpen game. If they move Tanaka up, they will still have to do a bullpen game in game 6 since there will not be a day off between games 5 and 6. Game 4 will not be an elimination game, so I would prefer to do the bullpen game then.

If this NLCS follows the 2013 ALCS script anymore Yady Molina will hit a grandslam off a crappy Nationals reliever.
He's already ruined my life hopefully he can do the same to the nats fans.

That was more Descalso and Kozma. Looks like the Nats will finally exorcise those demons. Best of luck in the WS.

Drew Storen not being able to pull a strike 3 will haunt him forever.

Going tonight, was at Game 5 in 12. Hoping the big lefty from Syracuse hits his spots.

If game 4 is postponed, I would stick with the plan for a bullpen game. If they move Tanaka up, they will still have to do a bullpen game in game 6 since there will not be a day off between games 5 and 6. Game 4 will not be an elimination game, so I would prefer to do the bullpen game then.

I think bullpen games are stupid in the playoffs. You’re playing the same team for up to 7 games and facing the top pitchers twice each. The bullpen game can impact who you use the day before in relief and who you use the next day, all with no days off in this case (unless rain changes things). Just use a damn starter. Happ ended the year having pitched well in his last few outings. Then we got this idea of making him a reliever. There’s a mindset involved too. Starters are starters and relievers are relievers. I’d even be ok with CC starting if his knee is fine. Just plan for 3 innings. These games are being over thought.

I think bullpen games are stupid in the playoffs. You’re playing the same team for up to 7 games and facing the top pitchers twice each. The bullpen game can impact who you use the day before in relief and who you use the next day, all with no days off in this case (unless rain changes things). Just use a damn starter. Happ ended the year having pitched well in his last few outings. Then we got this idea of making him a reliever. There’s a mindset involved too. Starters are starters and relievers are relievers. I’d even be ok with CC starting if his knee is fine. Just plan for 3 innings. These games are being over thought.

Agreed. I have a ton of problems as a fan with the way baseball has been played in recent years.

If my Dodgers had finished in last place 7 years in a row rather than first, I’m not sure how much I’d even be following the sport at this point.

Agreed. I have a ton of problems as a fan with the way baseball has been played in recent years.

If my Dodgers had finished in last place 7 years in a row rather than first, I’m not sure how much I’d even be following the sport at this point.
The sport doesn’t care about its fans.
The length of games are too long and nobody wants to fix that.
They start playoff games at times kids can’t stay up and watch without affecting them the next day.
The balls are juiced and everyone knows it.
I feel like the worse thing about the sport is actually watching the sport.
Walk/strikeout/home run occured 35.5%.
That is insane.
Playoff games where they should be more juice nationally don’t get them.
It’s all local now.
Baseball series total viewing don’t add up the ratings to a single big college football game.

Wow Nats

I’m sick that we could’ve been a good Roberts bullpen move away from a second round cakewalk to the World Series.

At the same time, we lost a war to a team with a great staff that’s really locked in. And the Cardinals are who we thought they were, so that’s nice.

Go Nats, in the World Series.

These are the Washington Nats:

1571195660532.png

This is Walgreens:

1571195693314.png

Carry on...

Seattle Mariners are now the only team in MLB to never win a pennant.

Washington was the only other one before tonight.

Seattle Mariners are now the only team in MLB to never win a pennant.

Washington was the only other one before tonight.

What’s crazy is this is so much more memorable than like 10 of these franchises World Series appearances...

I was up way too late going nuts while trying not to wake my parents at the same time, and I don’t think I even had a real rooting interest a day earlier. And while I find the starters out of the bullpen trend annoying now, when they did it with Unit that night, it was epic.

What’s crazy is this is so much more memorable than like 10 of these franchises World Series appearances...

I was up way too late going nuts while trying not to wake my parents at the same time, and I don’t think I even had a real rooting interest a day earlier. And while I find the starters out of the bullpen trend annoying now, when they did it with Unit that night, it was epic.
We might have lost the team to Tampa Bay without that victory.

Congrats to the Nats!

We might have lost the team to Tampa Bay without that victory.

Congrats to the Nats!

Unit, Griffey, Young ARod, and Edgar!!! 4 hall of famers in their prime on one team? Everybody loved that Mariners era. Too bad they couldn’t have put it all together.

Unit, Griffey, Young ARod, and Edgar!!! 4 hall of famers in their prime on one team? Everybody loved that Mariners era. Too bad they couldn’t have put it all together.
ARod might not make it.

The sport doesn’t care about its fans.
The length of games are too long and nobody wants to fix that.
They start playoff games at times kids can’t stay up and watch without affecting them the next day.
The balls are juiced and everyone knows it.
I feel like the worse thing about the sport is actually watching the sport.
Walk/strikeout/home run occured 35.5%.
That is insane.
Playoff games where they should be more juice nationally don’t get them.
It’s all local now.
Baseball series total viewing don’t add up the ratings to a single big college football game.

Agree about the length of games but what other changes would you make to shorten them? The days of Greg Maddux bringing it home in 2 hours are not going to happen. Agree fixing the ball would help. Look at some of the guys and their HR totals this year - ridiculous! You are exactly right that there is way too much walk, K or HR these days.

I love the strategy part of baseball so I hate to limit the number of pitching changes but seems like that would be a solution.

Agree about the length of games but what other changes would you make to shorten them? The days of Greg Maddux bringing it home in 2 hours are not going to happen. Agree fixing the ball would help. Look at some of the guys and their HR totals this year - ridiculous! You are exactly right that there is way too much walk, K or HR these days.

I love the strategy part of baseball so I hate to limit the number of pitching changes but seems like that would be a solution.
Pitch clock.
Teach these pitchers get the ball and pitch.
These pitchers get one person on base and slow the games down to unbearable pace.

If pitchers just threw the ball and pace moved it would shave 15-20 minutes off per game.
No 9 inning game should average more than 3 hours per game.
In 2005 the average length of game was 2 hours 47 minutes
This year the average length of game is 3 hours 5 minutes.
An average Red Sox game took 3 hours 23 minutes this year.
That is an average game.
I am not going to watch a regular game for that amount time.
That isn’t even a Red Sox-Yankees game which takes a lot longer.
Those London games were brutal for how long they took and they were 9 inning games.
It was 4 hours and 42 minutes for a regular 9 inning game.

Make these pitchers move faster. Games start so late. I don’t want to watch a 4 hour game for something with little action.

Maddux was a fast pitcher. He didn’t waste time.

Wegmans soda

B89F68FC-2922-4C68-A9F6-1C05BC81F72C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom