2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

Letting Flaherty throw 100 pitches in a 13-1 playoff game is managerial malpractice for a guy who managed flawslessly till that.

I get you want to win but save some bullets he could have come back for game 2 with a light workload.
Under no circumstance was he going to pitch on short rest. One inning doesn’t make a difference as long as he doesn’t get hurt.

This is Kershaw's. "David Price" retribution moment.

I think it was BS they pinch hit for him in the 9th.

That is actually supposed to be way of honouring the player. I remember Expos fans had the same pissed off reaction when they brought in a defensive replacement in the middle of the 7th for Vladimir Guerrero -- in his last game before becoming a free agent.

The theory is the announcer highlights the player when leaving the game, and everybody cheers as they leave. But many fans did not see it this way, and I remember them being pissed at Frank "Sleepy" Robinson.

It's similar in concept to trying to pull a college basketball player in his last game to get a big cheer.

when you look up "clutch" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of clayton kershaw . . . under the antonym examples

On one hand, I hate the Nationals because they took my Expos.

On the other hand, I am still bitter about Blue Monday in 1981 -- there is absolutely no way the NL should have cancelled the game which gave a young stud Fernando the extra day off.

I hope whoever loses, loses in a crushing manner.

Nice work Dave. Kershaw over Maeda

So sick of it. 9-11 with a 4.33 ERA in the playoffs, and we’re STILL going to him out of the bullpen and on short rest whenever possible? Why?

So sick of it. 9-11 with a 4.33 ERA in the playoffs, and we’re STILL going to him out of the bullpen and on short rest whenever possible? Why?

It’s absurd. Roberts has absolutely no feel. Maeda has been great and is comfortable in the role. So let’s go to Kershaw who is a post season launching pad.

That is actually supposed to be way of honouring the player. I remember Expos fans had the same pissed off reaction when they brought in a defensive replacement in the middle of the 7th for Vladimir Guerrero -- in his last game before becoming a free agent.

The theory is the announcer highlights the player when leaving the game, and everybody cheers as they leave. But many fans did not see it this way, and I remember them being pissed at Frank "Sleepy" Robinson.

It's similar in concept to trying to pull a college basketball player in his last game to get a big cheer.

Except he wasn’t in the field. He was in the dugout.

These coaches never learn. All these pitchers pitched on short rest.

31 years without a World Series for the Dodgers... hard to believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom