2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

when you look up "clutch" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of clayton kershaw . . . under the antonym examples

And Rendon under the synonyms

How much money is he making himself ?

Well this will be boring is the Astros lose tomorrow. I have 0 interest in Cards-Nats as is.

FWIW, I think it was McCann’s decision.

Strange. I would think he’d want the cheers as he went to the plate for the last time.

Assuming this holds...

The AL is guaranteed home field advantage in the WS

HOU 107
NYY 103
TB 96

WAS 93
STL 91

Go Rays. Would be sweet for the Yanks to have home field the rest of the way.

Strange. I would think he’d want the cheers as he went to the plate for the last time.
Yeah, I guess he didn’t want to make the last out of that series and that game.

Well this will be boring is the Astros lose tomorrow. I have 0 interest in Cards-Nats as is.

Braves out, Dodgers out, what's not to like?
noidea.gif

Had to go out, DVR'd the game. Watched it from the start, couldn't help but feeling the Dodgers seemed content with 3-0. They sorta backed off from there. Now my dilemma is which did I like more: the two gopher balls from golden-boy-turned-into-aluminum-lawn-chair Kershaw (I laughed so hard I spilled some beer) or Howie Kendrick's salami in the 9th? Decisions, decisions ...

Oh, and while I'm at it, FY Tommy Lasorda. How's that for some f-ing Dodger blue? You and your pina colada-sipping, arrive late, talk-for-3-innings-on-your-phones-and-leave-early pseudo-fans can suck on that! :D

Last edited:
With no rooting interest, i root for the teams that have never won it or waited the longest to win it again. Go Nats and Rays! (Not that the rest of America would care.)

The day began with the Braves hopes crushed in the first inning and ended with the Dodgers hopes crushed in the 10th inning. They had about the same looks on their faces.

Clayron Kershaw

Career:
Regular Season ERA - 2.44
Post-Season - 4.33 (in 158 innings which is not a small sample size)

I still can't blame Roberts for bringing in Kershaw. Even after giving up one homer, he was probably still a good choice to face a lefty in Soto.

The Joe Kelly move however is a real headscratcher,

I’m not going to lie and claim I’d pick the Nats to win this series , but anyone who really knows how baseball work knows this isn’t some huge upset . A 5 game series with two off days sets up just about perfect for a team built like the Nats ..

It’s going to be spun as some huge upset.. but it’s really not

I’m not going to lie and claim I’d pick the Nats to win this series , but anyone who really knows how baseball work knows this isn’t some huge upset . A 5 game series with two off days sets up just about perfect for a team built like the Nats ..

It’s going to be spun as some huge upset.. but it’s really not
Scherzer and Strasburg are true aces.
The Nats have a thin bullpen but this wasn’t a huge upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom