2019 NY Football Giants Season .. | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NY Football Giants Season ..

He came up under both the most successful NCAA coach in history and most successful NFL coach in history. I believe that pedigree is the proper word to use for that situation. If you watched the Saban/Bill thing on HBO you would be aware of the relationship that those 2 have and if Saban recommended a guy to Belichick than it's not a coincidence that that guy is now a head coach at 38.

Thanks. Do you honestly believe that 'Bill' thought he was ready to be a head coach? It's not like he fought to keep him--like he did with McDaniel, but not with Patricia.

I admit I start with this premise: Belichick is a total a******. If he really values somebody, he'll fight like hell to keep him. YMMV.

Thanks. Do you honestly believe that 'Bill' thought he was ready to be a head coach? It's not like he fought to keep him--like he did with McDaniel, but not with Patricia.

I admit I start with this premise: Belichick is a total a******. If he really values somebody, he'll fight like hell to keep him. YMMV.

I honestly don't think that Bill fought to keep McDaniels either time. Think that was Bob Kraft doing everything possible in trying to maintain a succession plan.

I value your opinion, so why do you think both hires suck? I'm with you on McCarthy who, among other things, always seemed at odds with his GM. I see it as a desperate move by Jerr-uh to win an SB before being called to that Great Oil Derrick In The Sky. He's hoping for one more gusher.

But Rivera seems like a distinct upgrade for the Redskins. Too bad, though that Snyder is their owner and they don't have a lot of great players.

I don't understand the Judge hire at all. Yes, Belichick envisioned giving him more responsibility, but not THIS much responsibility. If ownership feels the need to cloak him in the cocoon of other former HC's, the rumors will likely be flying after their first preseason loss. OTOH, maybe he can make Dixon a Pro Bowl punter...
Agree with you on McCarthy, perfect marriage there, let them burn.

Rivera’s best years were obviously with Gettleman, but he just seems like a dull coach, even with that nickname. The Giants would be destined for 6-10 to 10-6 every year wot maybe a random playoff win.

Still may end up with the same results, but at least this is a chance at more...cant imagine it’s less.

Rivera is another Shumer.

Hard pass on that again.

Gotta admit, I loved the press conference.

Now let's see what happens next.
i was excited for TC, not so much for the last 2.

at least with this one, the unknown is refreshing.

with mcadoofus, i still wanted TC and was pissed he was forced out.

Shumer was such the blah hire.

cant wait to see this guys staff...

It's time the NYG acts like a big boy program again.

Good with this.
Agreed. Having an OC with a ton of head coaching experience that played QB and has coached QBs is a plus when you have a rookie head coach and a young QB.
Yeah, I'm not there yet. Hope I'm wrong.
1579358430342.gif

The guy knows the division like the back of his hand and did have success.

He was so successful they pulled play calling duties from him. He is flat out awful.