2019 NY Football Giants Season .. | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NY Football Giants Season ..

Did Eli beat the 31 other teams in the NFL during his career?

Did Eli beat the 31 other teams in the NFL during his career?

Beat everyone but Indy and SD. Would have faced the Chargers in 2021 and the Colts in 2022.

are you trying to add this to your anti-ELI-HOF campaign??

because it wont work, because nobody cares.
He is going to wait. He may get in but it’s not a lock.

I give him he finished his career at 117-117.

Last edited:
He is going to wait. He may get in but it’s not a lock.

I give him he finished his career at 117-117.
He’s a lock, even if he waits.

But we will see, he might be the big name in 5 years.

Fitz is back.

And I guess we have to wait and see on Brady, Brees & Ben.

He’s a lock, even if he waits.

But we will see, he might be the big name in 5 years.

Fitz is back.

And I guess we have to wait and see on Brady, Brees & Ben.
Eli has a good case but he isn’t a lock and he sure as hell isn’t a first ballot guy.

Just like WRs got back logged when stats exploded.
Eli only made the pro bowl 4 times and he was never in the conference of Peyton and Brady.
He never got a single all-pro vote.
The 4 times Eli made the Pro Bowl.
2016 12 QBs(no conference were picked just players) elected as 6 higher QB withdrew from the game before he accepted.

2013 - 5 NFC QBs were chosen before Eli replaced the 6th guy.

2012- 4 NFC QBs, so Eli was one of the top 3 originally chosen.
2009- Eli’s best year he was one of the 3 originally chosen.

The guy has 4 Pro Bowls and only 2 of them he was chosen originally.
The guy has at best one season (2009) where he was at the top 5 of his position.

It’s amazing how the Hall of Fame is supposed to be best players at their position during their era and Eli never was that.

He did beat the Patriots twice in the SB but his resume is weak.

Matt Ryan is rooting like crazy for Eli to get in. Once he does then Matt can go and order a yellow jacket.

Eli has a good case but he isn’t a lock and he sure as hell isn’t a first ballot guy.

Just like WRs got back logged when stats exploded.
Eli only made the pro bowl 4 times and he was never in the conference of Peyton and Brady.
He never got a single all-pro vote.
The 4 times Eli made the Pro Bowl.
2016 12 QBs(no conference were picked just players) elected as 6 higher QB withdrew from the game before he accepted.

2013 - 5 NFC QBs were chosen before Eli replaced the 6th guy.

2012- 4 NFC QBs, so Eli was one of the top 3 originally chosen.
2009- Eli’s best year he was one of the 3 originally chosen.

The guy has 4 Pro Bowls and only 2 of them he was chosen originally.
The guy has at best one season (2009) where he was at the top 5 of his position.

It’s amazing how the Hall of Fame is supposed to be best players at their position during their era and Eli never was that.

He did beat the Patriots twice in the SB but his resume is weak.

Matt Ryan is rooting like crazy for Eli to get in. Once he does then Matt can go and order a yellow jacket.
Eli:

stats? check

bling? double check

tell the story of the NFL without him? nope, so check.

hes in.

those other little talking points to help guys like ryan, rivers and marino justify their case are nice and cute though.

Two super Bowl MVP's end the story. That is what you pay a QB to do. He also won on the road in big spots. And he had one of the great under rated skills. Games played. Oh, and if Daniel Jones can be any thing close to Eli, the Giants will sign up for that right now.

Two super Bowl MVP's end the story. That is what you pay a QB to do. He also won on the road in big spots. And he had one of the great under rated skills. Games played. Oh, and if Daniel Jones can be any thing close to Eli, the Giants will sign up for that right now.

Eli is clearly one of the more controversial HoF candidates out there. No doubt. He's got the two SB rings for sure. That one SB season though he was pretty much carried by his defense. I guess a YES vote hinges so much on the two SB wins. Durability is a huge plus for him too. But his last 5-6 years were very mediocre. He turned the ball over a ton. I think he had more turnovers than anybody in NFL history. And except for those magical two seasons he never won a playoff game. A .500 QB. All of that doesn't scream lock to me but he'll probably get in without much of a wait.

The Super Bowl MVP argument isn’t his best argument.
I mean sorry the voting is just slanted to the position.
Tom Brady wasn’t the MVP of SB 36.
It should have been Ty Law. His pick 6 turned that game and the Patriots D out physicaled the Rams offense.

Brady led the last second drive and won the MVP.
He earned the MVP in SBs 38, 49, 51.

Eli Manning wasn’t the most valuable player of SB 42. He won the award but again that was Qb bias. The team scored 17 points. You guys won because your defense held the best offense in NFL history at that point to 14 points.

The voting is just dumb. Justin Tuck and Michael Stranhan were why the Giants won that game. They destroyed the Patriots OL and were the Pats only scored 14 points. Eli won the award because voters are bias just like Brady won the MVP in his first SB.

The second Super Bowl I am not going to argue. The Giants defense played well again holding the Patriots to 17 points but Eli did enough play well enough to earn that MVP.

The first one though just because QBs get the award so much doesn’t make him a HOFer.

If the hall of fame is about the best of the best then he doesn’t belong in it. He wasn’t one of the best QBs of this era.

Eli Manning’s best stat was he never missed a start in 16 years due to injury.
He got benched 1 week but was always available.

The Super Bowl MVP argument isn’t his best argument.
I mean sorry the voting is just slanted to the position.
Tom Brady wasn’t the MVP of SB 36.
It should have been Ty Law. His pick 6 turned that game and the Patriots D out physicaled the Rams offense.

Brady led the last second drive and won the MVP.
He earned the MVP in SBs 38, 49, 51.

Eli Manning wasn’t the most valuable player of SB 42. He won the award but again that was Qb bias. The team scored 17 points. You guys won because your defense held the best offense in NFL history at that point to 14 points.

The voting is just dumb. Justin Tuck and Michael Stranhan were why the Giants won that game. They destroyed the Patriots OL and were the Pats only scored 14 points. Eli won the award because voters are bias just like Brady won the MVP in his first SB.

The second Super Bowl I am not going to argue. The Giants defense played well again holding the Patriots to 17 points but Eli did enough play well enough to earn that MVP.

The first one though just because QBs get the award so much doesn’t make him a HOFer.

If the hall of fame is about the best of the best then he doesn’t belong in it. He wasn’t one of the best QBs of this era.

Eli Manning’s best stat was he never missed a start in 16 years due to injury.
He got benched 1 week but was always available.

thats the # of 2x SuperBowl MVP's

Bart Starr
Terry Bradshaw
Joe Montana
Tom Brady
Eli Manning

if its so easy and slanted towards QBs, why doesnt Aikman have 2? or big brother Peyton??

where's Ben on this list? he doesnt even have 1!!

Staubach??

didnt Elway's teams win 2? also why doesnt he have more SB wins??

where are Kelly and Marino's names??

L.O.C.K.

Bart Starr
Terry Bradshaw
Joe Montana
Tom Brady
Eli Manning

if its so easy and slanted towards QBs, why doesnt Aikman have 2? or big brother Peyton??

Staubach??

L.O.C.K.

Good. Now you can advocate for Jim Plunkett too since he has the same argument.

Bart Starr
Terry Bradshaw
Joe Montana
Tom Brady
Eli Manning

Staubach??

L.O.C.K.
SB 29 was won because of Emmitt Smith. He took over the second half of that game against the Bills.
Aikman was the MVP of the first SB.

The 3rd SB Larry Brown had 2 INTs and the back breaking last minute INT against Pittsburgh that won the Cowboys that game.

The voting was split between multiple guys in SB 42. The SB 42 voting was split 3 ways. Tuck and Strahan split votes and that allowed Eli to win it.

Peyton didn’t deserve the MVP for SB 50. Everyone and there mother knows Von Miller earned that. 3 sacks, fumble recovery. He didn’t have a second defensive guy splitting votes.

Terrel Davis was the reason the Broncos beat the Packers in SB 32 but Elways got the MVP in SB 33.

Eli won SB 42 MVP because he was the only offensive guy to get votes but Tuck and strahan split votes just like Brady in SB 36. If the defensive guys votes weren’t split one of them likely wins.

Cmon go watch SB 42. I hate watching it but I have. Eli wasn’t the MVP of that game. He wasn’t the most valuable player it was the defensive line guys. Plain and simple.

I really wish Joe Flacco won a second SB just so this guy could get in.

Completely shocked Eli's not sticking around to run the Ginger Clapper's offense.

Eli is going to eventually likely get in but the SB MVPs aren’t why.

It was more the 8 playoff wins than just the 2 SBs. SB 42 MVP vote was stupid. Just like Brady’s first SB MVP.

If there is no obvious pick the QB gets it.

It was more the 8 playoff wins than just the 2 SBs. SB 42 MVP vote was stupid. Just like Brady’s first SB MVP.

the road playoff wins, the comebacks, the yards and TDs, the wins, the titles and yes...the 2 MVPs make this him a lock.

i never have said a lock needs to go in 1st ballot.

DiMaggio was a lock, he wasnt 1st ballot.

If Eli gets in, the first thing that will be mentioned by members of the Comm will be the 2 Super Bowl MVP's. The very first thing. He came up very big when it mattered in his two biggest games.

If Eli gets in, the first thing that will be mentioned by members of the Comm will be the 2 Super Bowl MVP's. The very first thing. He came up very big when it mattered in his two biggest games.

And the very first thing Eli will mention is his gratitude for all of Herr Kaiser's heavy lifting.

And the very first thing Eli will mention is his gratitude for all of Herr Kaiser's heavy lifting.
i do expect him in a very Eli way, to mock all the haters like i have been since 2004.

i do expect him in a very Eli way, to mock all the haters like i have been since 2004.

This is the first thing you've said that betrays the depth of your understanding of Manning.

You can't possibly believe a dude with that much composure would take even a subtle shot at his critics on the day he's enshrined.

As much as I hate She-li, even I think he'll show more class than that.

This is the first thing you've said that betrays the depth of your understanding of Manning.

You can't possibly believe a dude with that much composure would take even a subtle shot at his critics on the day he's enshrined.

As much as I hate She-li, even I think he'll show more class than that.
Where did I say it would be in his speech??

But I will pinpoint a time now...if it takes him a bit, since clearly you don't know Eli's great sense of humour...he easily could say something like, "wasn't sure I'd get here and a lot of you don't want me here, but here I am".,,,At some point in an interview after his inevitable congratulatory phone call from the Hall.

Discussing something like this is a useless endeavor with an admitted hater. If you can't be objective, just sit it out.

Let alsacs handle that side of this debate.

1579832852013.png