2019 NY Football Giants Season .. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NY Football Giants Season ..

I think Eli could help a team that just needs a competent QB for sure. I'm with you there.

Hypothetical (I'm acknowledging I was the draft Darnold guy), but if Jones plays, does terribly and we end up with the #1 pick (can't imagine that would happen with Miami, but for these purposes...), do you draft Tua or do you guy with someone like Chase Young at DE?
Jones won’t play terrible, but even if he does, my god, fix the fluckin D!!

Look at Eli’s overall #s.

Then look at Edelman’s and compare to his contemporaries.

He doesn’t play full seasons, doesn’t make the Pro Bowl and took steroids.

His playoff #s are inflated by being a leach on the tommy & bill tit.

This is ridiculous.
Andy Pettitte is a better candidate for the baseball HOF than Eli Manning does for the pro football HOF.

The era Eli has played in contributes greatly to his numbers.
He was never one of the best players at his position in a single season.
Pettitte has gotten Cy Young votes and finished runner up one year.
Eli never was that good.

The guy has been exactly .500 in the regular season. I mean that is amazing. The debate will be interesting to watch.

Andy Pettitte is a better candidate for the baseball HOF than Eli Manning does for the pro football HOF.

Eli never was that good.

The guy has been exactly .500 in the regular season. I mean that is amazing. The debate will be interesting to watch.

Eli was the 3rd best QB in his draft class.

This is true for all the QB's in this "era".

You can't use that argument if you are going to compare him to any QB's in the same timeframe.

Eli never was that good.

Andy should be in the Hall too.

Eli is going in, it may take a year, but he is going in.

End of story.

Eli Manning will finish his career at 116-116 in the regular season if he doesn’t start another game.
I hope he gets into the HOF it will enhance the case for a guy like Julian Edelman.
He gets in bc of the two sbs but it's much closer than the giant homers are saying. There are negatives on the resume.

A question for all football fans who had a better career Kurt Warner or Eli Manning?

As an opponent Warner led offenses were scary and had the ability to hang with any team in any shootout. Eli needed help.

Warner over Eli but lets not act like Warner didn’t enjoy Fitzgerald in his prime, Faulk/Holt/Bruce etc.

Say what you will but OBJ isn’t on the same level as young Fitzgerald imo

One negative aspect of Eli's game that gets overlooked by the Manning bulls has been his propensity to turn the ball over. For his career he threw 241 picks and lost 100 fumbles. That's a whole lot of turnovers and partially explains why he's a career .500 QB.

1568770463588.png

Herr Kaiser - I have a trade for you.

Taco Charlton and a bag of deflated footballs for Eli Manning.

Dak loses his helmet at the end of the 3rd quarter of SB LIV, enter Manning.

Cooper makes a one-handed, behind the back TD catch of Manning's last NFL throw to beat the Patriots at the buzzer.

Manning wins, Dallas wins, and bpo still can try to argue Wentz is a better QB than Prescott.

Can you get Gettleman to pull the trigger?

Herr Kaiser - I have a trade for you.

Taco Charlton and a bag of deflated footballs for Eli Manning.

Dak loses his helmet at the end of the 3rd quarter of SB LIV, enter Manning.

Cooper makes a one-handed, behind the back TD catch of Manning's last NFL throw to beat the Patriots at the buzzer.

Manning wins, Dallas wins, and bpo still can try to argue Wentz is a better QB than Prescott.

Can you get Gettleman to pull the trigger?

As an independent party. I'm still taking Wentz over Dak as well though that gap has closed considerably in these 2 weeks.

Warner over Eli but lets not act like Warner didn’t enjoy Fitzgerald in his prime, Faulk/Holt/Bruce etc.

Kurt Warner also played at the higher level was my point.

Pretty much every franchise QB elevates the WRs around them. Talent helps but only Eli has had a terrible weapons and crappy OL his entire career.
I think Warner has the thinnest resume for a HOF QB.
But he was an NFL MVP and he got to 3 SBs and made the playoffs numerous other times winning playoffs games in those years.

Eli’s legacy is his 2 SB titles. He made the most of those runs and that is the difference between the recent runs of the Jets and Giants. The Jets made it to 2 AFC title games and lost both of them didn’t finish the job. The Giants got to 2 NFC title games and won 2 SB titles.

Eli played 15 years as the starting QB and only won playoff games in the 2 years he won the SB. I mean I would take the titles if I were a fan but the guy’s HOF resume is just weaker than Giants fans/Eli admit.

If the Giants kept Warner after 2004 until he retired they may still have won the SB and they would not have went 1 and done 3 times. I mean Warner threw more than 26 TD's 3 seasons, never had more than 17 INT's, and completed 65% of his passes.

I mean one year Eli completed 53% and the Giants went 11-5. He also threw 17, 18 and 20 INTS...

The Giants may have won 2 or 3 SB's with Warner and that defense...

Kurt Warner also played at the higher level was my point.

Pretty much every franchise QB elevates the WRs around them. Talent helps but only Eli has had a terrible weapons and crappy OL his entire career.
I think Warner has the thinnest resume for a HOF QB.
But he was an NFL MVP and he got to 3 SBs and made the playoffs numerous other times winning playoffs games in those years.

Eli’s legacy is his 2 SB titles. He made the most of those runs and that is the difference between the recent runs of the Jets and Giants. The Jets made it to 2 AFC title games and lost both of them didn’t finish the job. The Giants got to 2 NFC title games and won 2 SB titles.

Eli played 15 years as the starting QB and only won playoff games in the 2 years he won the SB. I mean I would take the titles if I were a fan but the guy’s HOF resume is just weaker than Giants fans/Eli admit.
A better comparison may be Eli vs McNabb’s career. McNabb’s clearly the better QB imo but Eli’s seems to be considered the superior HOF resume

It's just wild to me that a "Hall of Fame" quarterback would have missed the playoffs more years in his career than he actually made the playoffs (since 2005 when he was the starter the whole season). In that 14-year span, he's only made the playoffs 6 times, including once in the past seven years. Hasn't won a playoff game since 2011. Add in the mostly-mediocre regular season stats - including a near 1-to-1 touchdown to turnover ratio -and the only reason that he's even in the discussion for HOF is the two Super Bowls.

A better comparison may be Eli vs McNabb’s career. McNabb’s clearly the better QB imo but Eli’s seems to be considered the superior HOF resume
Donovan McNabb was the NFL MVP runnerup in 2000. He had the best year of any QB that year. He was an all-pro.
McNabb is a borderline HOF candidate. His problem was how it ended in Philly and what he did in Washington and Minnesota after. McNabb won't get in but he should atleast be considered.

Eli has 2 SBs that is the difference in their careers. McNabb was better at his position during his career a lot more than Eli ever was. Eli was a bottom of the top 10 QB during his best years. McNabb's best years he was top 5 at his position and finished 2nd in MVP behind Marshall Faulk in 2000. Eli never got an MVP vote or made an all-pro team.

How about Eli vs Bob Griese or Len Dawson?
I can’t lie I never saw them play.
Only highlights.
Their numbers aren’t close but I would have to look at the number of all-pros they had.

Eli’s resume is worse the more its analyzed.
His best season with QB rating is 93.7
That is embarrassing when you look at where that falls within the season ranking for QBs.
In 2015 when he had that 93.7 QB rating it was 13th best in the NFL.
Behind guys like Andy Dalton and Tyrod Taylor.

Phil Rivers has 5 seasons he was over 100 at QB rating.

Eli every single season he started the whole season had double digit INTs.

This guy’s resume is so mediocre it’s amazing. Never got an all-pro vote.

If the resume relies on postseason play I say put Justin Tuck in as well.
Justin Tuck was the best player on the field in SB 42.