2019 Spring Game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Spring Game

Because there have been several players who have transferred from P5 schools to JUCO for other reasons I didn't realize academics was the obvious answer. Thank you for the answer. I don't know why you didn't include it in your initial response though. Thanks again.

Kid has the frame to be a lean 280 lb 3 tech DT
Yes he does and he handled that spot pretty well for a 250 pound early enrollee. He will play alot in 2020

So I know indivudual pics can be misleading, but if Rex is 6-3, is Tommy actually 6-2?

I am guessing more like 6.05.
Been saying that for years. I still love his arm.

Sure, not a knock on him at all, and thank goodness for the Russ Wilsons and Drew Brees who have shown it’s not a disqualifier.

Does it even matter?

6’0”, 6’2” - it’s not like that’s some massive difference, especially at the college level.

Kyler Murray is 5’10”.
He seems to be doing pretty ok as a P5 QB.

There's NEVER been a QB in this program who can spin it like him. Period.

Again, not a knock on him.

Just had not seen it so starkly obvious in a photo before.

Does it even matter?

6’0”, 6’2” - it’s not like that’s some massive difference, especially at the college level.

Kyler Murray is 5’10”.
Just something to talk about. Smaller QBs tend to struggle unless they are a worldclass sprinter with a cannon for an arm like Murray.

Does it even matter?

Kyler Murray is 5’10”.

It obviously has some relevance if you’re primarily a pocket passer, especially if there are any issues with the OL.

Why so people like welch do much, zero game experience like rex has, had a terrible spring game stat wise, i was not their so couldn't watch. Rex was decent when he started against BC, had a great spring game compared to welch 2/9, I would think rex would have the backup job easily

Last edited:
Why so people like welch do much, zero game experience like rex has, had a terrible spring game stat wise, i was not their so couldn't watch. Rex was decent when he started against BC, had a great spring game compared to welch 2/9, I would think rex would have the backup job easily
Rex being moving to TE told me Clay can play and the staff likes him. Losing Chance and not going after another QB was another indicator that they have confidence in him. We can't go by what we see in a spring game. Its a joke. They run about 5 plays. Staff evaluates the other scrimmages more.

Because one guy throws like a QB, the other, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom