2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

You think this Judge guy has done enough to make the team? Lol. Looks good, looking forward to the season!

I think that is right. The LeMahieu signing, plus Wade's versatility likely means that Bird will begin the season in AAA.
Plenty of at bats for Bird down in AAA.

Last edited:
All I ever get out here is Jays this, Jays that ... Was there ever any thought given to whether Tulowitzki could play 1B? Or is he just the SS until Didi gets back? Then what? I quite like Didi, and I've always liked Tulo. Voit was good for a couple months, but has he ever made it through an entire season as a regular? Is there talk of Tulo playing third if Andujar's defense doesn't improve - or even gets worse? BTW, these are nice problems to have. :)

For the record, I'm still chapped Andujar didn't win ROY.

Plenty of at bats for bird down in AAA.
Hope he keeps his head together. Not sold on Voit yet. At the very least Bird is a much better fielder than Voit. Bird's big problem is staying healthy.

All I ever get out here is Jays this, Jays that ... Was there ever any thought given to whether Tulowitzki could play 1B? Or is he just the SS until Didi gets back? Then what? I quite like Didi, and I've always liked Tulo. Voit was good for a couple months, but has he ever made it through an entire season as a regular? Is there talk of Tulo playing third if Andujar's defense doesn't improve - or even gets worse? BTW, these are nice problems to have. :)
I don't think anyone knows what to expect from Tulowitzki. Regarding 1B and 3B, LeMahieu is probably the surer bet at those positions.

Hope he keeps his head together. Not sold on Voit yet. At the very least Bird is a much better fielder than Voit. Bird's big problem is staying healthy.

Agreed. I thought it seemed coming back after his injury, the pressure to catch up was more than he could handle. He was always chasing pitches out of the zone, and flat out missing hittable pitches by trying to crush everything.

I don't think anyone knows what to expect from Tulowitzki. Regarding 1B and 3B, LeMahieu is probably the surer bet at those positions.
Can LeMahieu play outfield? Just curious.

I think we're in an era where the answer to that question is yes, even if the answer is no.
True, it is becoming common for teams to carry only twelve position players. If a roster spot is not added in the next collective bargaining agreement, bench versatility will continue to be significant.

True, it is becoming common for teams to carry only twelve position players. If a roster spot is not added in the next collective bargaining agreement, bench versatility will continue to be significant.
Yeah, I mean, if you ask me if I think at some point in the season he'll play some in the outfield, my answer is yes.

Plus it would be nice to have another lefty in the lineup, especially in the non Didi portion of the schedule.

Voit's run was fun, and I hope it keeps up. But I've seen that movie a few times.

Imagine if this keeps up and he returns to his 2017 self. Add that to this bullpen.

I can’t have nice things anymore.

I should’ve sold my soul for a Cuse football NC instead of 10 wins.

I can’t have nice things anymore.

I should’ve sold my soul for a Cuse football NC instead of 10 wins.
The Steinbrenners can spend some money on Dallas Kuechel. Give him 5-100.
It doesn't look like TJ surgery. So hopefully for you guys its just inflammation and Severino is good in May.

Reading it’s rotator cuff inflammation. Being shut down two weeks. Unlikely for opening day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom