2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

ly
Reading it’s rotator cuff inflammation. Being shut down two weeks. Unlikely for opening day.
Yep. Saw that. Wonder if it carried over from the end of last year. My guess is they will try and make due with Cessa, Loaisiga and German unless it's something more serious and then they will consider someone like Kuechel.

Every million spent will be taxed 320k.

They will think 2x before signing anyone.

Plus, Gio and Keuchel aren’t in camp, will they even be ready by Opening Day??

The Legend of DLsbury continues...

Every million spent will be taxed 320k.
I believe the 2019 luxury tax threshold is $206 million. I don't think the Yankees are there. Even if they are, they should only be taxed 20% since they were under the threshold last year.

Last edited:

When he comes off the DL he still has a 5 game suspension to deal with.

I believe the 2019 luxury tax threshold is $206 million. I don't think the Yankees are there. Even if they are, they should only be taxed 20% since they were under the threshold last year.
It’s thresholds.

206 is the cap. I believe they are at 212 and it’s 20%.

If they go over 226, it’s another threshold and it’s 30%.

What I was poorly implying was that Gio or Keuchel will cost at least 10MM + and when we make a July trade, that threshold gets clipped for sure.

Not my $$, but here’s to normal spending.

Cool site.

So if I got that correctly, they at 224, so they will definitely be taxed at 30% this year once the inevitable trade or signing occurs.
On an unrelated note, it’s amazing that their total minor league payroll (I believe that’s nine teams) is only $2,500,000. I think minor league salaries will change significantly in the next ten years.

Wasn't sure where to post this but I received an interesting invitation to attend either a breakfast or dinner with a few different baseball celebrities for a group of ten people. Which one should I choose?

Dinner with Wade Boggs
Dinner with Pete Rose
Breakfast with Pete Rose
Breakfast with Brian Cashman

Wasn't sure where to post this but I received an interesting invitation to attend either a breakfast or dinner with a few different baseball celebrities for a group of ten people. Which one should I choose?

Dinner with Wade Boggs
Dinner with Pete Rose
Breakfast with Pete Rose
Breakfast with Brian Cashman

Cashman won't want to spend over the cap. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom