2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

1570200096786.png

Did we know that Ottavino batted from both sides? :rolleyes:

I get the impression that Wade and Voit are on the roster solely to get to 25 players. Surprised Voit over Ford. If they need a late inning pinch hitter and all you have left is Wade or Voit . . . . hopefully that situation won't arise.

I get the impression that Wade and Voit are on the roster solely to get to 25 players. Surprised Voit over Ford. If they need a late inning pinch hitter and all you have left is Wade or Voit . . . . hopefully that situation won't arise.
I don’t think so.

Both have valuable roles, Wade more so than Voit, who despite his finish, i get why he’s there.

That said, I would’ve also got Ford and/or another RP.

Full year, plus playoff experience last year.

I’m ok with it.

1 for his last 32. Ford in the last 6 weeks was mid .300’s and an OPS over 1. I guess it doesn’t matter what you actually do.

Now watch Voit make me look stupid and go on a tear.

Now watch Voit make me look stupid and go on a tear.

This wouldn't surprise me a bit. That he would go on a tear, not make you (and me) look stupid, we can do that just fine on our own.

But yes, I'm surprised also, thought Ford's left handed bat against a predominantly right handed Twins staff would have been the call.

This wouldn't surprise me a bit. That he would go on a tear, not make you (and me) look stupid, we can do that just fine on our own.

But yes, I'm surprised also, thought Ford's left handed bat against a predominantly right handed Twins staff would have been the call.
The lefty bat is something I didn’t consider, good point.

I just looked at it like: the season is over, everything starts fresh. No streaks one way or the other, just...who do you want in there??

You go with the horse that has carried the most weight this year.

That’s Voit.

The lefty bat is something I didn’t consider, good point.

I just looked at it like: the season is over, everything starts fresh. No streaks one way or the other, just...who do you want in there??

You go with the horse that has carried the most weight this year.

That’s Voit.

I'm not going to argue with any decision the Yankees make this year.

Lineup is in. Gardy batting 3rd. Need a lefty in the middle of all those righties, and Didi has been slumping.

Wade has good value as a PR. But in the anticipated slugfest with Minnesota that would seem less important than if they get past them and face either Hou or TB, both of whom have very stingy pitching staffs. Didn't they get to reset their lineup before each series back in the day? Is it still done? (I seem to recall you can for an injury, but beyond that I'm not sure.)

Wade has good value as a PR. But in the anticipated slugfest with Minnesota that would seem less important than if they get past them and face either Hou or TB, both of whom have very stingy pitching staffs. Didn't they get to reset their lineup before each series back in the day? Is it still done? (I seem to recall you can for an injury, but beyond that I'm not sure.)

Wade can play a lot of positions too, including the OF. That was probably part of it, given that there are some players on the roster who are recovering from or recently recovered from injury. Plus the fact that this year, on average, 1 Yankee gets hurt every 3 1/3 innings.

Spectrum didn’t carry the game when I turn down the TV found out I have to get major-league baseball for 12 bucks to watch the game. They told me additional $35 next month for air fresh air

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom