2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Better chance to score? Guy on 3rd 1 out or guy on 2nd 0 outs?
This is entirely the data that people have looked at and I think the reason we don’t see bunts much anymore?

So many fly outs. We have to string some
Hits together. Very challenging against this pitcher.

Lack of simple base hits is what got us last season too.

This is entirely the data that people have looked at and I think the reason we don’t see bunts much anymore?

It’s because they’ve all become tommy lasordas playing for the 3 run homer. And in many cases it’s because guys just can’t bunt now a days. Garner can.

Better chance to score? Guy on 3rd 1 out or guy on 2nd 0 outs?
Your chance of scoring just one run is higher with a guy on third and one out. The average number of runs you score with no outs and a runner on second is higher.

And BTW, the odds are slightly better with the man on 2nd no outs. But it’s situational depending on the hitter which in this case isn’t hitting.

Saying the obvious, and I like some of these at bats so far, but at some point someone needs a big hit in a pressure spot. Hopefully before Houston scores more runs.

Saying the obvious, and I like some of these at bats so far, but at some point someone needs a big hit in a pressure spot. Hopefully before Houston scores more runs.

Big hits in pressure spots hasn't been our strong suit in the playoffs against Houston.

Great inning! Let Severino get through the full line up twice.
Yes, Boone needs to send him out for the 4th and not pull him until he gives up more than one baserunner. At least I hope...

They've made Cole throw a lot of pitches through 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom