2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Will Gleyber be moved down to 7th in the order after another HR?

Will Ottavino be brought in to face the top of the Astros order for a 4th game in a row?

Might have to wait an extra day to find out. The suspense is killing me.

Pithy. :D

I think Axe just said on the radio that the game might be moved earlier today ? Has anyone else seen or heard this ?

I think Axe just said on the radio that the game might be moved earlier today ? Has anyone else seen or heard this ?

Nothing on the Yankee twitter about it.

The rain is supposed to start at 1 PM anyways.

Nothing on the Yankee twitter about it.

The rain is supposed to start at 1 PM anyways.
Okay cool, that is what I thought. I turned the radio on halfway through the talk, but I'm pretty sure he said something about that. An earlier game today would not be conducive to my work schedule lol. My guess is they postpone today.

As I suspected, Didi's hit was shortchanged about 12 feet vs where most balls hit with that velo and launch angle land.
from fangraphs

The ball left the bat at 101.4 mph, with a launch angle of 41 degrees. Per Statcast’s Exit Velocity & Launch Angle Field Breakdown tool, similar drives have been homers only 23.1% of the time in the past five seasons, but that doesn’t consider the direction of the ball, to say nothing of a ballpark that’s a mere 314 feet down the right field line. While there actually hasn’t been a ball struck to those specifications in Yankee Stadium during the Statcast era, from around the league in 2015-19, a total of 172 similar fly balls (with launch angles between 40 and 42 degrees, and exit velos between 101 and 102 mph) averaged 353 feet, where Gregorius’ drive was estimated at just 343 feet.

so that ball is generally over the fence where he hit it

As I suspected, Didi's hit was shortchanged about 12 feet vs where most balls hit with that velo and launch angle land.
from fangraphs

The ball left the bat at 101.4 mph, with a launch angle of 41 degrees. Per Statcast’s Exit Velocity & Launch Angle Field Breakdown tool, similar drives have been homers only 23.1% of the time in the past five seasons, but that doesn’t consider the direction of the ball, to say nothing of a ballpark that’s a mere 314 feet down the right field line. While there actually hasn’t been a ball struck to those specifications in Yankee Stadium during the Statcast era, from around the league in 2015-19, a total of 172 similar fly balls (with launch angles between 40 and 42 degrees, and exit velos between 101 and 102 mph) averaged 353 feet, where Gregorius’ drive was estimated at just 343 feet.

It seemed like there were several balls hit by both teams that might have gone out (or gone over the outfielders) under more typical conditions.

So, there was what, a thermal inversion or something?
noidea.gif

from fangraphs

Where does it account for wind speed, temperature and relative humidity.

Sevy just pitched yesterday, there's no way he'd be available on Saturday. Games 4-6 were always going to be some combo of Tanaka / Paxton / Green-Happ.

That sets up Sevy to be the Opening Day starter in 2020.

With Verlander now scheduled to pitch Game 5, you have that as the bullpen game. 100%

Sevy just pitched yesterday, there's no way he'd be available on Saturday. Games 4-6 were always going to be some combo of Tanaka / Paxton / Green-Happ.

That sets up Sevy to be the Opening Day starter in 2020.
Or maybe Cole.

Any game that Pax starts could turn into a bullpen game. ;)
Every game now is a potential bullpen game as Boone desperately seeks to have the last two or three pitchers on the roster pitch in meaningful games.

Cool, so the Yankees and SU both start at 7. And neither can seem to score.

Liquor store stop was just added to the Friday morning calendar. I don't think beer only is gonna cut it.

This is entirely the data that people have looked at and I think the reason we don’t see bunts much anymore?

in the Moneyball movie there's a scene where Brad Pitt tells the team to not bunt. If the other team does it thank them and throw to first. They're giving an out away...That's all I got

Okay cool, that is what I thought. I turned the radio on halfway through the talk, but I'm pretty sure he said something about that. An earlier game today would not be conducive to my work schedule lol. My guess is they postpone today.

looking at the radar there's a slow moving blob of yellow and green moved into the southern half of New Jersey. It will be raining in the Bronx soon for the rest of the day and most of the evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom