2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

So you think we see Keuchel in Pinstripes?

I'd be in favor of it. Who knows what we'll see from Severino and Montgomery this season, and Happ's not been great. German might be burning out or at the very least will need to have his innings watched really carefully. Tanaka's been his usual solid self, and Sabathia and Paxson have been good when healthy, but it's got the feel of a duct taped rotation.

So you think we see Keuchel in Pinstripes?

I'd be in favor of it. Who knows what we'll see from Severino and Montgomery this season, and Happ's not been great. German might be burning out or at the very least will need to have his innings watched really carefully. Tanaka's been his usual solid self, and Sabathia and Paxson have been good when healthy, but it's got the feel of a duct taped rotation.
I prefer signing Keuchel to giving up prospects at the deadline for a similar quality pitcher.

I prefer signing Keuchel to giving up prospects at the deadline for a similar quality pitcher.
I think too the Yankees have the financial flex to bring him in without risking the luxury tax, right?

Ugh, that baserunning play only works in little league.

This is Price's dream ump. He's getting every nibble pitch.

Could the New York Post be more dramatic?

Clint Frazier’s silence is loudest alarm in growing Yankees problem

“...Now Clint Frazier, normally chattier than a candy-stuffed kindergartner, has nothing to say?
In that case, now the Yankees have a situation on their hands. One that will require an apology, at least, and a trade, at most...”

“...The Frazier fright show on national TV, however, set off multiple alarms. After playing absolutely awful defense in right field, clearly unraveling via three separate plays that helped the Red Sox total five runs in the seventh and eighth innings, the 24-year-old refused to face the media to discuss what went down. He instead sent word through Jason Zillo, the Yankees’ vice president of communications and media relations, that he would not be talking...”

I remember a couple years ago when he played against Syracuse , he refused to talk to the media after a bad game. This isn’t the first time. Love his talent with the bat, but this is the big stage here, gotta own up.

I remember a couple years ago when he played against Syracuse , he refused to talk to the media after a bad game. This isn’t the first time. Love his talent with the bat, but this is the big stage here, gotta own up.
I don’t care what he owns if he hits and improves defensively. I am puzzled that a 24 year old outfielder on the major league roster is seemingly learning how to play the position. What has he been doing since Little League? Is it reasonable to expect him to suddenly figure it out?

I don’t care what he owns if he hits and improves defensively. I am puzzled that a 24 year old outfielder on the major league roster is seemingly learning how to play the position. What has he been doing since Little League? Is it reasonable to expect him to suddenly figure it out?

That’s the exact thought that was on my mind last night.

Ok, so he’s not Mookie Betts out there. But when did he become the 9 year old you stick out there in a little league game because he has to play 3 innings?

Coupled with the articles about Judge helping him with his D, and Maybin coming in around the 6th inning, I kept thinking was this always a thing?

As to skipping the post game interviews, he’s about to find out the hard way how difficult it can be to play in NYC. Sooner he owns up to it the better. I’m sure someone like CC or Gardner has already reached out to him.

That’s the exact thought that was on my mind last night.

Ok, so he’s not Mookie Betts out there. But when did he become the 9 year old you stick out there in a little league game because he has to play 3 innings?

Coupled with the articles about Judge helping him with his D, and Maybin coming in around the 6th inning, I kept thinking was this always a thing?

As to skipping the post game interviews, he’s about to find out the hard way how difficult it can be to play in NYC. Sooner he owns up to it the better. I’m sure someone like CC or Gardner has already reached out to him.
He's Rueben Sierra.

Actually though, isn't he normally a center fielder or left fielder? Supposedly Stanton, a career right fielder had difficulty playing left field last year.

And I do think he should have manned up and answered questions. Earlier in the season when things weren't going well for Happ, he still spoke with reporters after every game. I think that goes a long way with fans. It did for me at least.

He's Rueben Sierra.

Actually though, isn't he normally a center fielder or left fielder? Supposedly Stanton, a career right fielder had difficulty playing left field last year.

And I do think he should have manned up and answered questions. Earlier in the season when things weren't going well for Happ, he still spoke with reporters after every game. I think that goes a long way with fans. It did for me at least.

I figured he was normally a center fielder, but getting in front of the ball and not letting it past you is universal. Things happen though, and unfortunately this one happened in threes.

He needs to get his confidence back. Which will be at SWB when Judge and Stanton are back. He's not going to take that well.

I figured he was normally a center fielder, but getting in front of the ball and not letting it past you is universal. Things happen though, and unfortunately this one happened in threes.

He needs to get his confidence back. Which will be at SWB when Judge and Stanton are back. He's not going to take that well.
Probably not.

Ah, ok. So, it would mean the luxury tax.

I thought that since the Yankees were under the threshold for a couple years the payments for going over reset and wouldn't be so bad if they went over this year.

I thought that since the Yankees were under the threshold for a couple years the payments for going over reset and wouldn't be so bad if they went over this year.

It reset their base rate on salaries over $206M from 50% to 20%. Accumulated based on the # of years over. One year under resets it.

But if you keep climbing the ladder on salary, you'll eventually get there anyway.

Or at least that's how I understand it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom