2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

With Rosa making his MLB debut, the Yankees must hold a record for being a team with the best record in the league and having the most guys who have worn numbers in the 70's during the season.

70Breyvic Valera
71Stephen Tarpley
72Kyle HolderDaniel CamarenaBrady Lail
73Adonis Rosa
74Joe HarveyMike FordJoe Mantiply
75David Hale
77Clint Frazier

70Breyvic Valera
71Stephen Tarpley
72Kyle HolderDaniel CamarenaBrady Lail
73Adonis Rosa
74Joe HarveyMike FordJoe Mantiply
75David Hale
77Clint Frazier
That's about twice as many as I thought. Did Camerena even get PT?

Is that what I said?
No, what you said is that one of the longest baseball traditions to get someone ‘going’ shouldn’t be done.

And it’s by a team which has basically clinched the 1 or 2 seed and has the option to do so.

And then you committed a 2nd baseball crime by including at bats from over a month ago, before a DL stint, in a failed attempt to make you point.

I’m not even sure the millennials would take your side.

No, what you said is that one of the longest baseball traditions to get someone ‘going’ shouldn’t be done.

And it’s by a team which has basically clinched the 1 or 2 seed and has the option to do so.

And then you committed a 2nd baseball crime by including at bats from over a month ago, before a DL stint, in a failed attempt to make you point.

I gave this a like because this is so purely UEO.

:kisses fingertips, blows to the wind:

Magnifique.

Domingo German 16-2. That's unreal. You have to give him a playoff start.

He'll certainly start game 1, 2, or 3. If for some reason Boone decides to give Happ or CC a start in Game 4, I could see them staggering the lefties and righties like Tanaka-Paxton-German-Happ. I think it is more likely to be Tanaka-German-Paxton-Opener.

And here's your cup of coffee...

14 pitchers / 11 skill players is out of whack.

If I'm understanding correctly, before free agency even begins the Yanks already have this non-pitching staff under contract (or arbitration):

C Sanchez
C Higgy
1B Voit
2B DJ
SS Torres
3B Andujar and Gio
OF Judge
OF Hicks
OF Tauchman
OF Frazier
DH/OF Stanton

1. I can't see them not upgrading over Higgy by re-signing Romine or a similar quality backup
2. If Didi doesn't return, they'll need another middle utility infielder (2B/SS), which means either Miggy or Gio likely leaves. Unless Miggy can somehow play 2B, which seems doubtful
3. Probably need a backup 1B. Hopefully one not named Bird (who is arb eligible).

And here's your cup of coffee...

14 pitchers / 11 skill players is out of whack.
Cashman’s use of the 40 man has been a thing of beauty this year.

With all the DL stints and doubleheader’s, then throw in no new $$ traded for, he can just buy scrubs to pitch a few innings here and there.

I’m including the whole season and his recent stint. With the hitters we have, he should be hitting 8th until he consistently hits which he hasn’t done all year before or after a DL. You seem to want to eliminate every at bat until tonight.

If I'm understanding correctly, before free agency even begins the Yanks already have this non-pitching staff under contract (or arbitration):

C Sanchez
C Higgy
1B Voit
2B DJ
SS Torres
3B Andujar and Gio
OF Judge
OF Hicks
OF Tauchman
OF Frazier
DH/OF Stanton

1. I can't see them not upgrading over Higgy by re-signing Romine or a similar quality backup
2. If Didi doesn't return, they'll need another middle utility infielder (2B/SS), which means either Miggy or Gio likely leaves. Unless Miggy can somehow play 2B, which seems doubtful
3. Probably need a backup 1B. Hopefully one not named Bird (who is arb eligible).

1.) Romine is arguably the best backup C in the AL, maybe the NL also. Since a good backup is a must, I'd pay him. Higgy (whom I don't dislike) will find somewhere to play.
2.) I'd be sad to lose Didi, even if it's for all the right reasons.
3.) With Didi, Gleyber and Gio around, DJ is a more than competent 1B.

All just IMHO, of course.

Last edited:
I’m including the whole season and his recent stint. With the hitters we have, he should be hitting 8th until he consistently hits which he hasn’t done all year before or after a DL. You seem to want to eliminate every at bat until tonight.
Yes.

He went to the ASG and has 26 HRs, don’t hit him 8th!!!!

Get him the Fluck going!!!

Like when Houck dropped a red hot Maris behind the Mick to get him going?

Or Billy with Thurman and Reggie!!

Do I have to explain why Ruth hit 3rd??

Yes.

He went to the ASG and has 26 HRs, don’t hit him 8th!!!!

Get him the Fluck going!!!

Like when Houck dropped a red hot Maris behind the Mick to get him going?

Or Billy with Thurman and Reggie!!

Do I have to explain why Ruth hit 3rd??

Or Torre with ARod. Remember when he dropped him to 8th to take the pressure off and get him going? How’d that work out?

No thank you. Keep Sanchez at 4 with protection behind him.

German?
I know it wasn’t over when they bombed Pearl Harbor...

I’m guess he becomes an opener or better yet, a 4-6 guy so he can the W.

Would love to see 20 Wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom