2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Hell of a ride, Knickerbockers!

Very special season for me. Caught 50+ games on the tube and my kids started really getting into games (which is really what being a sports fan is all about in my life right now).

Looking forward to a big offseason, but for the first time in a long, long time in my pro sports fandom I'm gonna miss not seeing a couple of these role players next year (whoever it may be that departs).

It feels like the sky is the limit though. Go NY, Go NY, GO!

Hell of a ride, Knickerbockers!

Very special season for me. Caught 50+ games on the tube and my kids started really getting into games (which is really what being a sports fan is all about in my life right now).

Looking forward to a big offseason, but for the first time in a long, long time in my pro sports fandom I'm gonna miss not seeing a couple of these role players next year (whoever it may be that departs).

It feels like the sky is the limit though. Go NY, Go NY, GO!

Nerlens Noel Reggie Bullock Taj Gibson dont win your team playoffs series. But I think we just found that out now didnt we.

That Derrick Rose quote from Vorkunov is real interesting.

I would have loved to see him back.

DRose in post-game presser said he wants to return, but that's up to his agent and Knicks mgt, and he's aware they have big plans.
Optimistic that the Knicks' plans can be a star PG with DRose as backup -he proved his value this season and that his leadership/experience/skill is valuable as a limited minutes backup.

DRose in post-game presser said he wants to return, but that's up to his agent and Knicks mgt, and he's aware they have big plans.
Optimistic that the Knicks' plans can be a star PG with DRose as backup -he proved his value this season and that his leadership/experience/skill is valuable as a limited minutes backup.

CP3

CP3
CP3 just turned 36, and DRose is 32.
Reasonable to expect they both can stay healthy/play at a high level for another 3-4 years?
That's the timeline by which I hope this young team becomes a championship contender.
Do you see the Knicks developing a young star-potential PG alongside those two?

Envy the Hawks after watching Trae Young slice up Bullock and the Knicks D.
I want a Knicks PG that can own the court like that!

Reasonable to expect they both can stay healthy/play at a high level for another 3-4 years?
That's the timeline by which I hope this young team becomes a championship contender.

What are we calling Quickley? PG? SG? Is he destined to just be an energy guy off the bench or can he be more than that?

Love what DRose was able to provide for us, and you are absolutely right CP3 is high risk. But CP3 has just brought team after team to being seriously competitive in both the regular season and playoffs.

I think the Knicks can get CP3. I don't think they can get Book or Mitchell yet (CAA guys).

We saw what just happened when we were competitive. But we couldn't score consistently to save our lives in a flowing offense. CP3 fixes that, even if we get him for 60 of 82 games each year.

If there is a way to get Kawhi, let's get him, but I don't see any major moves we can make outside of CP3.

Love what DRose was able to provide for us, and you are absolutely right CP3 is high risk. But CP3 has just brought team after team to being seriously competitive in both the regular season and playoffs.

I think the Knicks can get CP3. I don't think they can get Book or Mitchell yet (CAA guys).

We saw what just happened when we were competitive. But we couldn't score consistently to save our lives in a flowing offense. CP3 fixes that, even if we get him for 60 of 82 games each year.

If there is a way to get Kawhi, let's get him, but I don't see any major moves we can make outside of CP3.
Mgt struck gold with the over-achieving team they assembled this season-
No idea what the best moves may be to address PG/etc and keep building on this long-term.
Loved the Knicks chemistry/character/resilience this season -hope that mgt keeps that intact while addressing the lack of playoff-level talent.
Really excited to see what moves the Knicks make, and can't wait for next season!

Agreed. CP3 is still as good as it gets as far as running the show. He makes the Knicks a lot better.

Though there’s obviously questions on how long he can keep doing it. He’s getting old. And he’s certainly a guy Thibs would have to manage his minutes, which is a little scary.

And-
Anybody watch Julius' post-game interview?
So depressing. Understand the Knicks just lost a series that he was sub-par, so maybe expect too much to prefer Julius fulfilled his leadership role while acknowledging the pain of defeat?
ie: I'm disappointed, but hey, it was a great season that far exceeded expectations and we as a team learned a lot and I can't wait for next season when we'll be even better.
Add kudos to teammates/coaches/mgt, and the fans/etc.

Julius gave his all this season, and will need to do far worse than have a bad playoff series and deflating post-game interview to lose me as a fan. Just felt bad for him that he missed that opportunity to end it with an upbeat "We'll be back, and even better".

And-
Anybody watch Julius' post-game interview?
So depressing. Understand the Knicks just lost a series that he was sub-par, so maybe expect too much to prefer Julius fulfilled his leadership role while acknowledging the pain of defeat?
ie: I'm disappointed, but hey, it was a great season that far exceeded expectations and we as a team learned a lot and I can't wait for next season when we'll be even better.
Add kudos to teammates/coaches/mgt, and the fans/etc.

Julius gave his all this season, and will need to do far worse than have a bad playoff series and deflating post-game interview to lose me as a fan. Just felt bad for him that he missed that opportunity to end it with an upbeat "We'll be back, and even better".

As soon as ATL got Hunter and Bogie back at full strength, they were a better team. Forget the seeding.

FO and Julius are going to be interesting this off season. A lot can happen there.

As soon as ATL got Hunter and Bogie back at full strength, they were a better team. Forget the seeding.

FO and Julius are going to be interesting this off season. A lot can happen there.
My two cents... they should make him prove that he can do it again next year and actually produce in the playoffs. Then they can offer him fair value. If Randle wants to walk after next year, so be it... if he gets a massive contract then it means he led the Knicks to some playoff success and if that happens the Knicks will get other free agents.

I know a lot of blame goes to lack of a supporting cast, but the Hawks proved that it's all too easy to take away Randle's go to moves. In the regular season NBA teams don't really game plan for specific teams, but they do during the playoffs.

I'm also worried about RJ... he really really really regressed in the heat of the playoffs.

I'm also worried about RJ... he really really really regressed in the heat of the playoffs.
Some writer pointed out that Hunter outplayed RJ, and drafted right after RJ at #4.
Keep reminding myself that RJ is only 20, and developing. He made a nice jump this season.
RJ's 14.4/7.2/3 stat line for the series looks OK compared to Hunter's.
And Hunter is 23.

Not an expert talent evaluator, but OK with RJ and seeing where his development leads.
And the other young guys (IQ/Obi) did OK under the pressure of their first playoffs.
Was actually encouraged by Obi's aggressive play -more comfortable than earlier in the season.
Big bonus that these young players got unexpected early playoff experience.

Stephen A Smith

Stay Tuned. Damien Lillard to potentially force his way out of Portland has Knicks Clippers and Lakers on his list. Go get him Knicks.

Stephen A Smith

Stay Tuned. Damien Lillard to potentially force his way out of Portland has Knicks Clippers and Lakers on his list. Go get him Knicks.
Dame would solve a lot of problems for the Knicks. But if he’s looking for a ring he needs to go to LA. I do wonder if between Leonard, George and Lebron and AD there would be enough usage for Lillard.

Dame would solve a lot of problems for the Knicks. But if he’s looking for a ring he needs to go to LA. I do wonder if between Leonard, George and Lebron and AD there would be enough usage for Lillard.
If I were the Knicks, I’m not sure I’d give up the farm for Lillard unless I were sure Kawhi was signing as well. Love Dame but him and Randle aren’t enough to be championship contenders. They would need another max guy.

If I were the Knicks, I’m not sure I’d give up the farm for Lillard unless I were sure Kawhi was signing as well. Love Dame but him and Randle aren’t enough to be championship contenders. They would need another max guy.
Agree, and Kawhi would be great, but wonder if Mitch can stay healthy and keep developing to hold his own against great NBA centers. Mitch was better this season, but not sure he's the long-term guy and the Knicks have proven/developing talent at forward with Julius, RJ, Obi. Have become a big fan of Nails Noel, so hope he remains the backup.

Dame, and an elite center? KAT? Who would be a good fit with the Knicks?

Agree, and Kawhi would be great, but wonder if Mitch can stay healthy and keep developing to hold his own against great NBA centers. Mitch was better this season, but not sure he's the long-term guy and the Knicks have proven/developing talent at forward with Julius, RJ, Obi. Have become a big fan of Nails Noel, so hope he remains the backup.

Dame, and an elite center? KAT? Who would be a good fit with the Knicks?
Will KAT play for Thibs again? If it weren’t for that factor, he would be the prime target for Knicks.

I also somewhat agree with concerns about Mitch, but his injuries seem more one offs that any sort of recurring thing.

I think Knicks should sell high on Randle. I‘m not a fan of chip on the shoulder, sneering attitude guys who can‘t back up the attitude. He is also a high usage guy who could scare away a guy like lillard.

I want to love RJ and see him play for the Knicks for a long time, but man his jumper ie shaky and he seems so chill. If he can improve on his J and get more aggressive I can seen him turning into a Kevin Butler type player.

Hawks were significantly more talented. Don't think it was really close, to be honest. I had no idea they were 27-11 to close the year. Shockingly I was rooting for ATL to stay in the 5 seed over Miami and Boston!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom