2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Yeah, Devin Booker is a guy who has proven he can take a team deep into the playoffs.

He is in the loaded western conference. Eastern Conference is much easier path to the NBA Finals. I want a superstar player this offseason Knicks are a must go destination now off this season. Go get Lillard or Booker. We can't wait for Zion to become a free agent.

He is in the loaded western conference. Eastern Conference is much easier path to the NBA Finals. I want a superstar player this offseason Knicks are a must go destination now off this season. Go get Lillard or Booker. We can't wait for Zion to become a free agent.
Dame is in the midst of a “super max” contract and has never given any indication that he’s unhappy in Portland.

“Go get him”? Tell me the details of how that one works, hulk.

Dame is in the midst of a “super max” contract and has never given any indication that he’s unhappy in Portland.

If these lose in this round might be the push for him to ask out. Nobody sees him play out in Portland also.

If these lose in this round might be the push for him to ask out. Nobody sees him play out in Portland also.
Yeah, now make those contracts work hulk!

he’s got a $100 million contract with adidas, so I’d say people are seeing him play. Also, he’s from Oakland.

A rough first playoff experience for Julius, but he played mega-minutes as the leader who carried the Knicks to get here. Even if the Knicks lose the next two, this unexpected playoff experience helps the young players on a promising team that's a work in progress, needing a couple more players to contend for a championship.

What message are the Hawks sending? That this year's over-achieving Knicks need more talent?
The message I’m getting is that Randle can’t be primary option on a team with title aspirations, so don’t pay him like one. RJ might not even be a starter on a team with title aspirations at this point in his career.

The Hawks aren’t a particularly good defensive team and they are having no trouble shutting down the Knicks offense. The Knicks best offense is Rose going one on one, the second best seems to be a full court lob to Obi.

I see a lot of role players on this Knicks team, very few starters on a team that wants to contend. I think Quickley is a really good bench piece. Obi is interesting, but seems like a tweener... not strong enough to be a stretch 4, not quick or explosive to be a 3 and D guy. RJ has the potential to be a starter, but his j is clearly not ready for pressure situation. Noel is awesome. Randle is a starter, but should not be the primary option. Rose and Taj are solid options off the bench, but don’t have much time left. Bullock, Burks... good depth guys. Payton, shouldn’t be on the team. Frank and Knox are complete misses of high draft picks who will not get a second contract from the Knicks. Knicks can’t afford to keep missing on lottery picks,

So basically of the whole roster i see two starters on a contender.

The message I’m getting is that Randle can’t be primary option on a team with title aspirations, so don’t pay him like one. RJ might not even be a starter on a team with title aspirations at this point in his career.

The Hawks aren’t a particularly good defensive team and they are having no trouble shutting down the Knicks offense. The Knicks best offense is Rose going one on one, the second best seems to be a full court lob to Obi.

I see a lot of role players on this Knicks team, very few starters on a team that wants to contend. I think Quickley is a really good bench piece. Obi is interesting, but seems like a tweener... not strong enough to be a stretch 4, not quick or explosive to be a 3 and D guy. RJ has the potential to be a starter, but his j is clearly not ready for pressure situation. Noel is awesome. Randle is a starter, but should not be the primary option. Rose and Taj are solid options off the bench, but don’t have much time left. Bullock, Burks... good depth guys. Payton, shouldn’t be on the team. Frank and Knox are complete misses of high draft picks who will not get a second contract from the Knicks. Knicks can’t afford to keep missing on lottery picks,

So basically of the whole roster i see two starters on a contender.
Guys like RJ and Quickley are extremely young. You’ve basically got them maxing out where they are now?

Yeah, Devin Booker is a guy who has proven he can take a team deep into the playoffs.
A frustrating thing (to me) about the NBA, is that you almost have to form mega-teams to win in the postseason.

Dame in Portland, Luka in Dallas, Booker in Phoenix etc., these guys have to absolutely be elite for the entirety of their playoff runs, because the second they aren’t, they’ll lose. Jokic is in that same group this year, but moving forward has Murray.

A frustrating thing (to me) about the NBA, is that you almost have to form mega-teams to win in the postseason.

Dame in Portland, Luka in Dallas, Booker in Phoenix etc., these guys have to absolutely be elite for the entirety of their playoff runs, because the second they aren’t, they’ll lose. Jokic is in that same group this year, but moving forward has Murray.
Dame led Portland to the WCF though, and hit 3’s to win the series against Houston and OKC. So I didn’t say anything about him because I think we all know if he had a little more help he could win it all.

Booker is in the playoffs for the first time ever and has accomplished nothing so far, so it was a weird comment for hulk to make. Dame and Booker are not the same.

If the Suns make a run, then he’ll have earned that.

We will give you two 2nd round picks the Yankees sc coach and an autographed djt Jr book.

Guys like RJ and Quickley are extremely young. You’ve basically got them maxing out where they are now?
That’s fair... they are young. Having said that, in the NBA it seems like the top level players standout early in their career. Look at this year’s all start rosters - 2021 All-Star Roster | NBA.com

For most of them, other than the Europeans, you could project all star potential from the jump. It was not if, but when. I think Lavine and Randle are the two main exception, again this is not counting the euro dudes who seem to take a year or so to get used to the nba level of play.

RJ could get there if he can fix his J... Quickley seems wildly inconsistent. His inability to consistently impact the game against reserve players doesn’t seem like a great sign that a top level starter could emerge.

I think it shows that the nba is a team sport. Even MJ didn’t win without Scottie and a top guard.

They definitely need a creator off the dribble. Randall is not an alpha and you can't play beyond Memorial Day without at least one.

They definitely need a creator off the dribble. Randall is not an alpha and you can't play beyond Memorial Day without at least one.

You can’t live and die with Randle isoing on the perimeter and taking contested jumpers.

He’s an awfully good player though. They/he has gotta do a better job playing to his strengths.

Julius has given his all this season and been a great leader helping create a new Knicks culture of hard work and resilience.
If Julius doesn't get it going in the playoffs, will wonder if he finally hit the wall at the wrong time. Thibs rode him hard this season.
Want Julius to stay with the Knicks, and get more help. #1 need is a star PG IMO.

Portland won. I guess Dame won’t be disgruntled and demand a trade to the Knicks now. Ah well, hulk.

Lakers take down the Suns and I think we got a shot at CP3 in the offseason.

Down the line you have to look at making moves for CAA guys like Book or Mitchell. The connection is already there.

I think Zion will want to play for us, but that is down the line.

The big fish is Luka. They need to go all in. I feel like the Lakers are already sending Magic and LeBron to start laying the tracks to reel him in. I honestly think if Bron wants to play until he's like 43 or something, the plan would be to reel in Luka and give up primary ballhandling duties to him.

Lakers take down the Suns and I think we got a shot at CP3 in the offseason.

Down the line you have to look at making moves for CAA guys like Book or Mitchell. The connection is already there.

I think Zion will want to play for us, but that is down the line.

The big fish is Luka. They need to go all in. I feel like the Lakers are already sending Magic and LeBron to start laying the tracks to reel him in. I honestly think if Bron wants to play until he's like 43 or something, the plan would be to reel in Luka and give up primary ballhandling duties to him.
I haven’t watched Suns much but is CP3 an upgrade over Rose at this point in their careers? If Knicks were one player away i could see adding CP3 as that last piece, but reality is Knicks are pretty far away.

I also don’t see Cuban letting Luka walk.

The Knicks need to start hunting Trae and stop trying to get Randle hot. Randle hasn't played well.

They need to hunt Trae every possession. Every. Single. One.

The Knicks need to start hunting Trae and stop trying to get Randle hot. Randle hasn't played well.

They need to hunt Trae every possession. Every. Single. One.
why hunt Trae when you can have Randle taking step back thRees, off balance twos and other really high degree of difficulty jumpers. Randle’s regular season shooting and shot making is looking more and more like fool‘s gold.

Watching the Knicks O reminds me of watching the Syracuse O... it’s all based on one on one iso stuff. If those crazy shots stop going in there is no real plan B because there doesn’t seem to be a system designed to get open shots.

Randle has been brutal this first quarter. MJ and Lebron both look at Randle‘s shots and say no thanks. Luckily the Hawks are playing a bit tight so far.

why hunt Trae when you can have Randle taking step back thRees, off balance twos and other really high degree of difficulty jumpers. Randle’s regular season shooting and shot making is looking more and more like fool‘s gold.

Watching the Knicks O reminds me of watching the Syracuse O... it’s all based on one on one iso stuff. If those crazy shots stop going in there is no real plan B because there doesn’t seem to be a system designed to get open shots.

Randle has been brutal this first quarter. MJ and Lebron both look at Randle‘s shots and say no thanks. Luckily the Hawks are playing a bit tight so far.

Honestly, I love Thibs, but this is a blind spot. They need to hunt Trae every time down the court. He has been able to take off on defensive possessions almost every time.

Nine shots for Randle already? Come on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom