2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

No one in baseball knew... clearly.
Not sure about no one but it certainly wasn't common knowledge.

This apparently happened in Chicago when he was with the Cubs. He got the job with the Diamondbacks and stayed with them for 5 years. Maybe the Cubs found out and told him to hit the road?

Who knows, if he never took the job with the Mets and got into the spotlight of the NYC media, this might never have been made public.

Hopefully as more and more of these stories come to light and people see the ramifications of doing these types of things, it will finally stop.

Whoever does the vetting of candidates for possible hires for the Mets also needs to be fired. Ugh.
It could be that no one knew about this, and once Porter got elevated to a position of power Espn decided to get it out there.

So my question is what is he punishment? did the women press charges? does this mean he never holds another job ever again? say she had pressed charges back in 2016 what is the penalty for this type of thing?

interesting comments on some mets boards that this txt exchange went on for awhile and she requested more pictures.. not the smartest thing to do
The guy absolutely has the right to earn a living. But having a high profile job in an exclusive club of 30 which comes with fame and fortune is a privilege. He lost that privilege... He sent over 60 unanswered texts, come on man.

So my question is what is he punishment? did the women press charges? does this mean he never holds another job ever again? say she had pressed charges back in 2016 what is the penalty for this type of thing?

interesting comments on some mets boards that this txt exchange went on for awhile and she requested more pictures.. not the smartest thing to do
Doesn't mean he should never get a job again, he doesn't deserve a high power job like a General Manager position. I heard a different story, apparently he send 60 texts that she never responded to, pyscho behavior.

The guy absolutely has the right to earn a living. But having a high profile job in an exclusive club of 30 which comes with fame and fortune is a privilege. He lost that privilege... He sent over 60 unanswered texts, come on man.
yeah, i get it.he's deranged. but apparently someone ignored 59 texts before responding and telling him to stop. that ain't normal either. both sides..there i did it

not for nothing.. but its pretty easy to put a stop on txts from any oneperson. After 1-2 just shut them down or report it and probably do both.

yeah, i get it.he's deranged. but apparently someone ignored 59 texts before responding and telling him to stop. that ain't normal either. both sides..there i did it
I mean when you are texting a girl after 3 or 4 times she doesn't respond, get the hint, she isn't interested, move on.

I mean when you are texting a girl after 3 or 4 times she doesn't respond, get the hint, she isn't interested, move on.

That’s what most people believe .. but these analytics dudes think they have to up the ante with more and more explicit texts as the recipient maybe playing hard to get .. it’s like going for it on 4th down .. at least that’s what the analytics say to do

not for nothing.. but its pretty easy to put a stop on txts from any oneperson. After 1-2 just shut them down or report it and probably do both.

I mean somewhere between 37 and 46 .. Even I blocked the Ukrainian wife bot texts

That’s what most people believe .. but these analytics dudes think they have to up the ante with more and more explicit texts as the recipient maybe playing hard to get .. it’s like going for it on 4th down .. at least that’s what the analytics say to do
I don't think it has anything to do with analytics it comes down to pyscho behavior.

shows how much stuff has changed..

100 yrs ago you would have gone to the house and knocked on the door and they would have ignored you

75 yrs ago you would have written a letter every week and she would have just thrown them out and people would have thought it was cute you didnt give up

50 yrs ago you would have written or called a house phone and someone would have answered the phone and said stop calling or you would have sent polariods I guess and probably the police get involved

25 yrs ago you would called a cell phone and people would have put you on block or changed the number

now you just keep txting so you can avoid the real No response you probably would have gotten. But then you cross the line because adding pictures is gonna change the answer?

I don't think it has anything to do with analytics it comes down to pyscho behavior.

Not long ago ... it was considered psycho behavior to go for it on 4th down .. now it’s mainstream .. maybe this guy is ahead of his time ?

But in this case the reporter needs access to do her job... if she just said off he could have blackballed her and there goes her career. This is very much on the steep slide to that movie scumbag who raped all those actresses. To Porters credit it seems like he finally got the message and stopped and did not retaliate... but he is a total scumbag for his behavior when he has power.

After 59 unreturned texts, he decided that what was needed was the unsolicited dick pic. That’s where he took it to.

Amazing.

After 59 unreturned texts, he decided that what was needed was the unsolicited dick pic. That’s where he took it to.

Amazing.

Per next level stats ... his chances of success after the dick pick went from .0000001 to .000000001

He should have followed the numbers

Per next level stats ... his chances of success after the dick pick went from .0000001 to .000000001

He should have followed the numbers

And his chances of being fired if it went public went from 1% to 100%.

Deservedly so. Unsolicited dick pics are beyond creepy and disrespectful.

And his chances of being fired if it went public went from 1% to 100%.

Deservedly so. Unsolicited dick pics are beyond creepy and disrespectful.

I would argue solicited dick picks are beyond creepy

Zero chance that’s the only woman he’s done that to. Probly worked 1 out of 100 times so he rolls with it.

I read the espn article. It was standard banter between them for awhile. Dude started to push and she cut him off. I mean, that’s the end bud. 59 texts and a Hail Mary dic pic isn’t closing the deal. How is he a GM anyway? Poor negotiator.

It’s a sign of mental issues. 60??? Like... what.

Zero chance that’s the only woman he’s done that to. Probly worked 1 out of 100 times so he rolls with it.

I read the espn article. It was standard banter between them for awhile. Dude started to push and she cut him off. I mean, that’s the end bud. 59 texts and a Hail Mary dic pic isn’t closing the deal. How is he a GM anyway? Poor negotiator.
I laughed.

but think about how much this idiot lost by sending that dick pic? That’s not just a Hail Mary... that was like trying to get a perfect bracket.

Springer to Toronto seems to have a lot of people all worked up.. To me CF upgrade was a nice thing but not close to a need thing. I am more in the get all the pitching you can world.. the offense was fine last yr and we upgraded 2 spots in a big way. Another starter is fine and Rlvr is fine..

Sign Bauer for one yr if they want, to work around Cap issues, but he probably still wants too much.