2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Sorry to say this, but as a kid I was jumping up and down and landing as lightly as possibly while swinging my fists and silently screaming when Junior scored from first in the ‘95 playoffs while my parents were sound asleep. Junior hit a big homer in that game too. Still blows my mind that the Mariners never fully put it together even once from 96-99.
No like to be given.

No like to be given.

No likes expected but: sorry to keep going but: Them bringing in the Big Unit in relief seriously fired me up too. I thought it was amazing. Like a throwback all the way back(a whole 7 years) to when Hershiser did it and it worked.

Now dumbass Dave Roberts does it with Kershaw and I’m throwing out the biggest jerkoff motion possible while knowing he’s getting taken deep by the 3rd batter he faces at minimum.

I miss watching sports through younger eyes.

My favorite player in the 90s was Junior. And I wanted him to be the best because he was cool and didn’t seem like a . But the best was Bonds. Junior was second. Just how I see it.

A distant second

A distant second

Not according to upperdeck. One of the bigger scratch my head posts on the history of this board which he would not relent on.

"we getting Bonds Pre 2000 where he was really just slightly above good only 1 yr or bonds after 35 where he went nuts?"

Thought this fit here...

Even though it was against the Braves, that's the kind of hitter I loved to watch - not this home run or nothing that is so prevalent today.

Shlit, knew I forgot someone.

Did that quick, didn’t edit it.

Sheffield over Vizquel.

I will have edit.

I sometimes sat down the 3rd base line, his at bat was a ‘time to get a beer guys, be right back’ event.

I was scared for my life to sit there.

Even in the Upperdeck...

These people who are voting for Jeter and only Jeter cause he deserves to stand alone, man. That's pretty bad
They are both from Newsday thus far.
They are trying to protect Jeter.

Boooo.

Both deserve it, but IMO Munson > Simmons.

Miller should not take the place of a player.

Need to rectify that.

Maybe Simmons in will put Thurm in, he was deserving.

Hell, I’d put all of this years candidates in over Baines.

The Modern Baseball Era Committee Chair happens to be Jerome Boger.

They don’t get to vote for the HOF anymore.

Boooo.

Both deserve it, but IMO Munson > Simmons.

Miller should not take the place of a player.

Need to rectify that.

Maybe Simmons in will put Thurm in, he was deserving.

Hell, I’d put all of this years candidates in over Baines.
The problem is that this particular committee only meets every four years or so, and the rest of these guys will now have to wait. Munson and Simmons both belong, IMO. I have no problem with Miller, he should have been in by now anyway, once they moved to enshrine more non-players.

Anyway, there was no limit to how many candidates this committee could have voted in, but getting 12 of 16 members to agree on someone is obviously not easy.

The problem is that this particular committee only meets every four years or so, and the rest of these guys will now have to wait. Munson and Simmons both belong, IMO. I have no problem with Miller, he should have been in by now anyway, once they moved to enshrine more non-players.

Anyway, there was no limit to how many candidates this committee could have voted in, but getting 12 of 16 members to agree on someone is obviously not easy.
2022 & 2024 are next votes for Thurman.

They crushed the Yankees on this ballot, didn’t even bother to vote for them.

Not surprised, Brett and Eck hated and still hate the Yanks and Im sure swayed votes.

2022 & 2024 are next votes for Thurman.

They crushed the Yankees on this ballot, didn’t even bother to vote for them.

Not surprised, Brett and Eck hated and still hate the Yanks and Im sure swayed votes.
Well that's not so bad, but it's still a pretty convoluted process that they seem to keep changing.

The place is trending toward irrelevance, sorta like the Rock and Roll HoF.
theres been questionable players enshrined, but not a ton...just a handful.

im ok with simmons, despite the fact that Thurman had him 1-0 on ROYs, 1-0 on MVPs, 2-0 on WS Titles and had him 7-6 on ASG before he died. Simmons got 2 more after.

but no Bonds & no Clemens...well, yeah, we have a problem.

Let the veterans make the call on Bonds and Clemens. its their HOF. If its no big deal to them, they can vote them in.

need to remind all of them, that there was M&M bowls filled with Greenies for them to take before the 1st pitch.

I get that. I personally still am a NO on those guys but I firmly believe the current inductees should be the ultimate arbiter.

The BBWAA is a joke. Bonds and Clemens are HOFers.
The keepers of the gate argument. Baseball is dying a slow death because the sport doesn't adapt to change well and it skews way to old.
Gaylord Perry cheated he is the HOF.
I am sure Piazza and Bagwell used steroids even though they never tested positive and I don't care if they did.
Hall of Fame is for the best of the best. I can see why Pete Rose isn't in if you bet on the game while active I get it.
Taking steroids shouldn't be the reason not to be in when you are Bonds and Clemens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom