2020 Centers Available | Syracusefan.com

2020 Centers Available

orangebabe

Scout Team
I see Putnam has a 3 star (Josh Gray) and a 4 star (Vladislav Goldin) center not committed and Eduardo Andre w/Scotland Performance Institute (SCOTLAND, PA) is also still available and not committed. Anyone know why these players are still available and if there's a chance we could get involved? If we need a Center, why not go for someone who has 4 years...just my thought.

Also, only saw 1 center listed in the Juco list, and of course he's headed to Iona. Why did we not go this route, if we are going after guys with only 1 and 2 years of eligibility?

Kai Sotto is a 5 star available, and Dylan Cardwell is a 3 star that has the likes of UConn, Georgia & Tenn on his list...no reason we couldn't out recruit them...why are we not going after these prospects?

29Osborn Shema7'1New Mexico MilitaryCIona

Last edited:
I brought those 2 from Putnam up on the Hypothetical recruiting board thread. I wonder the same but the real need is another guard, not another center
The guard spot we might be ok. Time will tell with it but that's all I can say. Theres a couple options. Hoping for a specific one to happen. We will have to wait and see how it shakes out!

I see Putnam has a 3 star (Josh Gray) and a 4 star (Vladislav Goldin) center not committed and Eduardo Andre w/Scotland Performance Institute (SCOTLAND, PA) is also still available and not committed. Anyone know why these players are still available and if there's a chance we could get involved? If we need a Center, why not go for someone who has 4 years...just my thought.

Also, only saw 1 center listed in the Juco list, and of course he's headed to Iona. Why did we not go this route, if we are going after guys with only 1 and 2 years of eligibility?

Kai Sotto is a 5 star available, and Dylan Cardwell is a 3 star that has the likes of UConn, Georgia & Tenn on his list...no reason we couldn't out recruit them...why are we not going after these prospects?

29Osborn Shema7'1New Mexico MilitaryCIona
Don’t show them. They don’t want to see

Don’t show them. They don’t want to see
Yea, cant post too many center options on here. Dont want to have to comb through every single available center that's either out of highschool or in the transfer portal.

So it seems our staff is actively trying to bring in another big. Be it transfer/highschool prospect it looks like it doesnt matter to them. Not sure there is a whole lot out there available now that would interest them unless more become available in the transfer market. Probably going to roll with what we have and hope to strike big in the 2021/2022 class. Who knows though because obviously they wanted Tape/Haarms/Ballard and showed intrest in Morgan so it kinda seems like they wanted to bring someone in now and not later. Just seems like they dont feel confident going into the season with what we already have but I could be wrong assuming that.

So it seems our staff is actively trying to bring in another big. Be it transfer/highschool prospect it looks like it doesnt matter to them. Not sure there is a whole lot out there available now that would interest them unless more become available in the transfer market. Probably going to roll with what we have and hope to strike big in the 2021/2022 class. Who knows though because obviously they wanted Tape/Haarms/Ballard and showed intrest in Morgan so it kinda seems like they wanted to bring someone in now and not later. Just seems like they dont feel confident going into the season with what we already have but I could be wrong assuming that.
The only way you're wrong is if someone isn't coming back, but it is not public knowledge those are the only two options.

What about big Frank Kepnang reclassifying...I doubt its possible but worth a phone call

Adama Sanogo is one that is odd we didnt throw our hat into the ring with. Was a 2021 kid but is reclassifying to 2020. 4 star Big boy 6'9 250lbs built like a brick. Has a top ten of UConn, Nebraska, Maryland, Memphis, Pitt, Illinois, Seton Hall, Auburn, Louisville and Oklahoma.

mobile-logo

APRIL 6, 2020
Patrick School big man Adama Sanogo taking virtual tours of schools ahead of decision
Adama-Sanogo-1-1200x900.jpeg

Share Zagsblog
Share Zagsblog
By ADAM ZAGORIA

Adama Sanogo, the 6-foot-10 big man from the Patrick School (N.J.), has begun taking virtual tours of schools ahead of his college decision.

The No. 7 center in the Class of 2021 per 247Sports.com, Sanogo is expected to reclassify to 2020. He took a virtual tour of Seton Hall over the weekend and did video-conferencing with the staff, a source said.

Sanogo attended several Seton Hall games this past season and Patrick School coach Chris Chavannes said the Pirates are prioritizing Sanogo, who they see as having a bigger upside than former Seton Hall star Angel Delgado, who also played at the Patrick School.

Seton Hall would love to add Sanogo and fellow former Patrick School alum Bryce Aiken, a grad transfer from Harvard who is expected to announce soon between Seton Hall, Marquette, Maryland and Iowa State.

“Their view of Adama is that they could see him having the same role and impact as Angel,” Chavannes said. “That speaks volumes when you look at the career Angel had at Seton Hall.

“Adama is further along now in his game offensively than Angel was at this stage. Adama is a very very good rebounder. Angel made rebounding an art while he was here and only got better over time. Their coaching staff have made it clear Adama is their highest priority.”

Sanogo is down to UConn, Nebraska, Maryland, Memphis, Pitt, Illinois, Seton Hall, Auburn, Louisville and Oklahoma State.

He will next do video-conferencing and a virtual tour at Nebraska on Tuesday. Nebraska’s Fred Hoiberg and Matt Abdelmassih attended the Patrick School’s game at Long Island Lutheran in February.

mobile-logo

APRIL 6, 2020
Patrick School big man Adama Sanogo taking virtual tours of schools ahead of decision
Adama-Sanogo-1-1200x900.jpeg

Share Zagsblog
Share Zagsblog
By ADAM ZAGORIA

Adama Sanogo, the 6-foot-10 big man from the Patrick School (N.J.), has begun taking virtual tours of schools ahead of his college decision.

The No. 7 center in the Class of 2021 per 247Sports.com, Sanogo is expected to reclassify to 2020. He took a virtual tour of Seton Hall over the weekend and did video-conferencing with the staff, a source said.

Sanogo attended several Seton Hall games this past season and Patrick School coach Chris Chavannes said the Pirates are prioritizing Sanogo, who they see as having a bigger upside than former Seton Hall star Angel Delgado, who also played at the Patrick School.

Seton Hall would love to add Sanogo and fellow former Patrick School alum Bryce Aiken, a grad transfer from Harvard who is expected to announce soon between Seton Hall, Marquette, Maryland and Iowa State.

“Their view of Adama is that they could see him having the same role and impact as Angel,” Chavannes said. “That speaks volumes when you look at the career Angel had at Seton Hall.

“Adama is further along now in his game offensively than Angel was at this stage. Adama is a very very good rebounder. Angel made rebounding an art while he was here and only got better over time. Their coaching staff have made it clear Adama is their highest priority.”

Sanogo is down to UConn, Nebraska, Maryland, Memphis, Pitt, Illinois, Seton Hall, Auburn, Louisville and Oklahoma State.

He will next do video-conferencing and a virtual tour at Nebraska on Tuesday. Nebraska’s Fred Hoiberg and Matt Abdelmassih attended the Patrick School’s game at Long Island Lutheran in February.
maybe we already swung and missed and it's just not public

I brought those 2 from Putnam up on the Hypothetical recruiting board thread. I wonder the same but the real need is another guard, not another center
While you and I think we may need another backup pg, the fact that the coaches are going after these unknown prospects such as Ballard and the 3 grad transfers, tells me they are not comfortable with the center situation. My question to them is, why did you not start this recruiting search sooner rather than later?!

The only way you're wrong is if someone isn't coming back, but it is not public knowledge those are the only two options.

What about big Frank Kepnang reclassifying...I doubt its possible but worth a phone call
Has there even been any talk of frank reclassifying? I didnt think that was a possibility.

My question to them is, why did you not start this recruiting search sooner rather than later?!

You keep posting this and it’s still wrong. We recruited Isaiah Jackson several months ago. Do you recall that? He would have been our center had he picked us.

Recruiting is fluid. Things change. And we are not privy to everyone the staff is or has recruited or what’s going on in the program.

Also, not sure we had any scholarships when we were recruiting Jackson. We had 4 players leave after the season, freeing up some.

Last edited:
You keep posting this and it’s still wrong. We recruited Isaiah Jackson several months ago. Do you recall that? He would have been our center had he picked us.

Recruiting is fluid. Things change. And we are not privy to everyone the staff is or has recruited or what’s going on in the program.

Also, not sure we had any scholarships when we were recruiting Jackson. We had 4 players leave after the season, freeing up some.

I do recall, but that's only 1 recruit though, hardly enough to say I am wrong. We didn't learn after Quade Green, that you don't put all of your eggs in 1 basket? It's called recruiting, and you go after several prospects not just 1...you didn't know that?

If we had enough ships for Jackson, then there were enough ships to be had for others. Our center position lacked all season, and other than Jackson, they did not go hard after any 2020 prospects...fact. If I am wrong, name some others. There are several out there who are still uncommitted, and we have not made a move.

We are not aggressive with recruiting, and that's an issue. We used to have 4 and 5 stars lined up at that door, i.e. Jason Hart, Shaheen Holloway and Mateen Cleaves. All 3 wanted SU, and Hart committed first. We are Syracuse, and kids should be begging to play here.

Last edited:
I do recall, but that's only 1 recruit though, hardly enough to say I am wrong. We didn't learn after Quade Green, that you don't put all of your eggs in 1 basket? It's called recruiting, and you go after several prospects not just 1...you didn't know that?

If we had enough ships for Jackson, then there were enough ships to be had for others. Our center position lacked all season, and other than Jackson, they did not go hard after any 2020 prospects...fact. If I am wrong, name some others. There are several out there who are still uncommitted, and we have not made a move.

We are not aggressive with recruiting, and that's an issue. We used to have 4 and 5 stars lined up at that door, i.e. Jason Hart, Shaheen Holloway and Mateen Cleaves. All 3 wanted SU, and Hart committed first. We are Syracuse, and kids should be begging to play here.

We didn’t have any scholarships. What don’t you understand? Hard to be aggressive when you don’t have any.

Once we knew there MAY be 1 or 2 available, we went after Seth Towns and Patrick Tape. We also have 3 centers on the roster, so not exactly an area of need.

Are you criticizing just to criticize or do you not understand recruiting?

This isn’t 1985. Kids have a lot more options these days and nobody is begging to play anywhere, which is probably why elite programs like Kansas, Arizona and Louisville are paying kids to attend their school.

Last edited:
Adama sanogo bums me out a bit. Kid reclassifying to 2020 and is a beast. Has a decent top 10 but I wish we were involved.

2021 kid reclassified to 2020. 4 star player. We had been involved a little I guess but we didn't make his top 3. Havent heard much about him involving us until this post.

"Frank Anselem
did what many had been expecting for a while on Tuesday afternoon and announced he would be reclassifying into the 2020 class from the 2021 class.

“I feel like it’s better if you go to college and work out with the team in the summer it’s way better than going through another year of high school,” Anselem said. “I took the SAT last year and took a lot of my core classes my freshman and sophomore years, so I was already academically ahead with my grades. For me, it was no-brainer.”

Along with announcing a change in class, Anselem also dropped a new top three that includes Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. The Georgia native took an official visit to LSU back during football season and has made multiple visits to Alabama and Georgia, including unofficial visits last summer before leaving for Prolific Prep. In addition to his top three, schools such as Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Clemson, Kansas, Nebraska, Syracuse, Texas, Texas A&M and several others involved.
Anselem discussed his final three.

Alabama: “It’s the style of play. Nate Oats is a run-and-gun coach. Last year they had a top five scoring offense in the country and they move the ball around pretty well. I feel like I could come in and fit their offense really well.”

Georgia: “Georgia has had interest in me since my freshman year. When I moved to the west coast, it slowed down a little bit but I told them I still like Georgia a lot. My hometown is Atlanta. That’s still home to me.”

LSU: “I’ve always liked LSU. My favorite NBA player of all-time is Shaquille O’Neal and he went to LSU. That’s why I like LSU. I went there on an official visit and it was really good. They have a great coaching staff. It was a great environment. I went there for a football game. I enjoyed the visit.”

With the announcement of the change in class and a top three, don’t expect to wait very long to find out which school Anselem chooses. He could settle on a school as soon this weekend. If a decision comes soon, LSU would be the likely choice. Will Wade and his staff have been on him the hardest for the longest period of time and he doesn’t hold back from the fact he likes LSU a lot. If it drags on a couple weeks or more, that would be a good sign for Alabama and Georgia. Despite a top three coming out on Tuesday, don’t completely rule out the possibility of new schools creeping into the picture.

The last part is a bit interesting.

2021 kid that talked about reclassifying to 2020 back in December. Not sure if any of that is possible now with the covid stuff and school situations. Kids a big time player.
6'10 215lb 5 star player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom