2020 Masters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Masters

Thursday could be a complete washout. Weather looks dreadful the whole weekend. Yup. 2020
Looks like they will play but the rain will dictate a lot. Could be a huge benefit to the long hitters but also the most accurate. Now they are saying some possible lightning. Tee times were pushed back 10 minutes today due to overcast skies.

Looks like they will play but the rain will dictate a lot. Could be a huge benefit to the long hitters but also the most accurate. Now they are saying some possible lightning. Tee times were pushed back 10 minutes today due to overcast skies.
Whoops!!! That didn't last long they just blew the horn. At least an hour delay.

I only had my phone weather app but augusta doesn’t look too bad most of the weekend? Just that rain early on today unless I missed something.

Masters is fine, but I always preferred the US Open. I love the carnage. I also like the fact that if you're good enough (1.2 handicap) you can qualify your way in. Senior players like Freddie Couples can still make top 20 finishes indicates the course isn't as tough as the fanboys want to believe. I hope Bryson demolishes it.

I don't like the Masters because I think it is "tougher" than other courses. But the familiarity of the course (and particularly the back 9), the high-reward with some risk element of the back nine makes it extremely entertaining.

Pure carnage - where there are only risky shots, and a lack of "reward" shots is not my favourite form of golf to watch, although I don't dislike it either. I also can't stand the birdie fest, -20+ tourneys either. A tournament where the leaders are around -8 to -10 seems to often provide the most entertainment. That is not always the Masters either.

I think toughness of a course if often misjudged by us minions -- it is just not score.. The course where there is plenty of variability in scenarios (good and bad) on approach may seem like as much pressure to them, than a course which forces you to essentially play safe more often than not.

Who do you guys have winning? I was going to do a pool with bunch of others but I forgot to submit my picks. The golfers are divided into 6 tiers and the lowest combined scores from your top 4 picks is your final score overall.

Whoops!!! That didn't last long they just blew the horn. At least an hour delay.
The rain is expected to end around noon. ESPN has announced a 10:30 AM EST re-start.

QUOTE="NineOneSeven, post: 3595465, member: 871"]
Who do you guys have winning? I was going to do a pool with bunch of others but I forgot to submit my picks. The golfers are divided into 6 tiers and the lowest combined scores from your top 4 picks is your final score overall.
[/QUOTE]

You can still join my 2020 Masters pool presented by UConn (see topics page) where you need to pick the players that will not be in contention.

QUOTE="NineOneSeven, post: 3595465, member: 871"]

You can still join my 2020 Masters pool presented by UConn (see topics page) where you need to pick the players that will not be in contention.
[/QUOTE]
Can you link it to me?

Decambeau spraying it early.
2 provisionals in first 4 holes, although he did not lose the first one. Not sure about second.

could easily be 2-3 over but got tiger lucky already.

they greens being soft has saved him twice already

Last edited:
i do wonder if the greens are gonna play this soft all week cause this is far from normal here

Maybe Bryson shouldn't have experimented so much with the 48 inch driver (instead of his 45) over the past few weeks. Seems to have threw him off with the 45... of course it is only a few holes.

the course setup well for him today.. green were slow and soft and bad shots didnt get punished. Woods scored about how well he shot.. Bryson was easily 5 shots better than he played, mostly by luck and soft conditions. Lots of guys bombed it and threw darts at the pins that normally bounce over.. how much will it firm up over night will be interesting to see. nev er seen balls plug on greens like that at the masters and rarely at any pro course.

I wish Justin Thomas had the opportunity to finish his round. I think he woulda caught Paul Casey, at least.

Course is drying up and getting a little tougher, as the scores are slowing down a bit although still strong.

The round #1 afternoon / round #2 morning groups are getting a fairly large advantage.

Anybody else have Mike Weir 2 shots ahead of Bryson DeChambeau after 23 holes?

Dechambeau is 1 shot outside of the cut line -- 12 holes left though for him to turn in around.

Wasn’t expecting this reaction but Dr. Hulk hacking up the course is making me smile

the guys that actually play the game through the whole bag are doing great

Once again Louis Oosthuizen contending at a major.
Why do I, and basically everybody else, always sleep on this guy.