2020 Masters | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Masters

The 2019 International President's Cup Team is doing great.

The following 5 are T7 are better.
Ancer
Smith
Im
Pan
Oosthuizen

Pan was probably around a 500 to 700-1 pick to win. His form this year has been terrible. 8 Missed Cuts in 19 Events, with only one finish in the top 40.

The 2019 International President's Cup Team is doing great.

The following 5 are T7 are better.
Ancer
Smith
Im
Pan
Oosthuizen

Pan was probably around a 500 to 700-1 pick to win. His form this year has been terrible. 8 Missed Cuts in 19 Events, with only one finish in the top 40.
I threw money on Im just about every tournament until football started. It is safe to say I did not see this one coming. I will be mad at myself if he’s in the mix Sunday.

I told my girlfriend to pick somebody and she could split the winnings with me if he does it. She took Matsuyama. I’ll never hear the end of it if he wins hahaha

I'm glad Bryson is crashing and burning. Tiger makes the cut but isn't a weekend factor.

Great leaderboard. #1,#2, and #3 in the world all tied for the lead after 2 days... and then the rest of the top 16 is surprisingly dominated by "international" players (non US, non Euro) who have 8 of the top 16 leaders.

It does appear to be a clear top 3 right now in the world. That being said 5 years ago, after the last 2015 major there was a clear "Big 3" as well that relatively dominated majors in 2014 and 2015, and seemed poised to do so moving forward... Day, Spieth, McIlroy... and they haven't really delivered since then.

my 2 money picks hanging around Cantley and Hideki.. Not sure anyone more than 4-5 back can win with all these bodies but someone at 4 under will probably throw a 66 up there and jump 20 spots.

Why was the British Open not rescheduled this year while all the rest were? Just curious

Why was the British Open not rescheduled this year while all the rest were? Just curious
There were a lot of considerations and it is more complicated than this, but bottom line, Wimbledon and the British Open have had insurance policies protecting them in the event of a giant pandemic since SARS and they made a lot more money (or lost a lot less) collecting the insurance than they would have scrambling to put on a re-scheduled major.

Last edited:
It's days like this when you scratch your head that DJ only has one major win. Most talented dude of his generation who has had a mix of bad luck and his own E f f ups along the way. So far the Greg Norman of the new millenium

Not sure if it was on here or another board, but I made a hot take some years back after Spieth had won a few majors and after DJ had won the US Open in 2016, that Dustin Johnson would end up with more majors (it was 2-1 at the time). DJ was just so much more talented and I was concerned that Spieth's winning formula of mid/long iron rough play and making long putts was just not sustainable long term and that he had almost no chance of reaching the ultra-elite historically (5 majors or more). Either way my hot take really hit the nerve of a few Spieth fans who thought my comments were absurd.

In 2017, Spieth made it 3-1 after winning the British Open making my take start to look pretty bad. That being said it was based on even more extreme scrambling than normal.

After today it should be 3-2 Spieth, and if you gave me even odds on who will end up with more majors I would have to take Dustin Johnson. In a few months Spieth could be falling out of the World top 100.

Or perhaps we have another DJ tough loss this year. Not getting a birdie on #2, loses above 3/4 of a stroke to the field early.

Last edited:
Probably trying to avoid as much NFL as possible. (CBS probably wants that 4 o'clock game as well I would imagine)
Good point. Usually the tournament is in April when the Masters has the stage all to itself

Probably trying to avoid as much NFL as possible. (CBS probably wants that 4 o'clock game as well I would imagine)
It’s darkness and the NFL.
The NFL is pissed CBS asked them for no early games but because of 2020 they accomdated them. The NFL thinks their partners should bend to them not the other way.

Also because of the sun setting around 5:30 the club doesn’t want a potential playoff to be delayed due to darkness.

4pm ending would give a potential playoff enough time to get done today.

It’s darkness and the NFL.
The NFL is pissed CBS asked them for no early games but because of 2020 they accomdated them. The NFL thinks their partners should bend to them not the other way.

Also because of the sun setting around 5:30 the club doesn’t want a potential playoff to be delayed due to darkness.

4pm ending would give a potential playoff enough time to get done today.

Thinking it's much more NFL than darkness. . Final group will end closer to 2:30. They could have done the tee-off at 11:00 and still ended up with time for a 4 hole playoff (assuming it's a pair).

They want everything cleanly wrapped up by 4, including a playoff and their traditions.

If the President's Cup was played this week the Internationals may have finally one won.

The President's Cup International team has been really weak for about a dozen years, but they have had hell of a week this week. with 6 of the top 7 scores in the field.

DJ bogey on #4, and looks as another possible bogey on #5 after the drive.

This could get quite interesting, although none of the challengers are top 20 players in the world ... and none have experience in this situation.

Can Rory shoot a 65, and post a -15 and wait to see what happens? Currently at -10 after 6.

Anybody else having technical issues on the broadcast or is it my crappy cable service again.

I stopped betting about a month ago. My betting site needed me to verify my personal info, and I have been too lazy to provide it. So they locked me from doing any new bets at the end of September until I provide it.

I had 2 bets that were still open at the time.
Democrats winning the election at -130.
Sungjae Im winning the Masters at 66-1.

When Im had got off to a good start early this year and based on his potential I put a bet on him to win each of the 2020 majors at 66-1 to 80-1 depending on the major (2 way bet for top 5 at 1/4). He has fizzled a bit since the re-start so had largely forgot about that bet. Top 5 looks promising. Of course I never bet large so we are talking a $430 payout if he wins.

Great sand save by Dustin Johnson on the seventh hole to save par.
That could be a turning point to start steadying his round.

Rory continues to make his move. Now back 5, and up to 4th place.

Im and Mcilroy with bogies.

Seems like it is now a 2 man race between Dustin Johnson and Cameron "Alfred Neuman" Smith