2020 MLB Season... | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Mets are well under right now.. where they will be next yr though..They have a couple deals to fix as well but Carrasco was real cheap for the next 3 yrs. they will keep DeGrom/Carrasco and then at least 1 of Thor or Strom.. After that its gonna be hard.

Mets are 32 million under the luxury threshold right now, one big contract they are pretty much there. They have wiggle room but Cano comes back on the books next year plus Lindors potential new deal, DeGrom etc.

Mets are 32 million under the luxury threshold right now, one big contract they are pretty much there. They have wiggle room but Cano comes back on the books next year plus Lindors potential new deal, DeGrom etc.

plus Bonilla.

I have a feeling Cano will not come back next yr to effect the books too hard.. either he hangs it up, or they negotiate some payment or they move him and eat a chunk of it.

Yankees are already over So how much more will they add?

Bonilla's grandkids are going to be getting checks into the next century. Whatever agent came up with that deal should be in the hall of fame.
its not really a bad team deal though.. it doesnt count towards the Tax. if you got 4-5 guys to do it for 1-2 million you could create a nice chunk for current deals

I have a feeling Cano will not come back next yr to effect the books too hard.. either he hangs it up, or they negotiate some payment or they move him and eat a chunk of it.

Yankees are already over So how much more will they add?

I obviously don't know Cano personally but I have a hard time believing he's going to retire and leave 18 mill or whatever it is on the table especially after losing this year. The Mets best bet would be to try and trade him for nothing and eat a large part of the salary. With MLB deals being guaranteed they can't negotiate it down.

He has 2 yrs left at $24 million and seattle owes 8 million of that..

He may also get caught a 3rd time and become a non issue

he will be almost 40 when he comes back.

its only Guaranteed if he plays. Maybe they say Hey we will pay you $5 million for the next 6 yrs to do other things and he retires

maybe they move him to a team to be a part time DH/1st/2nd base dude and pay $10 million of it and take the small hit

maybe he comes back and plays and they eat a Lux Tax penalty for 2 yrs

Manny Ramirez retired after his 2nd failed test, so who knows

For the 10,001th time, it doesn't matter what Yankees fan ( I am one) care about the luxury tax, the only person that matters Hal Steinbrenner cares a lot about it, period. Bitching and moaning that you don't care about it is pointless because Hal's opinion is the only one that matters. At some point you have to realize the Yankees aren't going to carry a 300 Million dollar payroll, no organization is. Boston did everything they could to get under the threshold last year and the Dodgers have before and the Mets will have the same off seasons in the future as well, no owner is paying tens of millions or even more in luxury tax payments each year, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Secondly no player is ever given a blank check. The Yankees want DJ back but there also trying to re-set the luxury tax threshold again and create future room for Judge and others who will need big deals coming up. The problem is were paying Stanton a ton of $$ and that's effecting our flexibility to add pricey free agents.

George would not care about the luxury tax.

George isn't here. George didn't win every year either.

Deal with it and stop complaining. If you think the Yankees are going to put inferior talent on the field, you're crazy.
He doesn’t get that the Yankees had their rebuild years ago because the team wasted money in FA overspending.

FA in MLB isn’t what it used because most players sign before they get to FA.

CR is like that girl Beruca in Willy Wonka. He wants high priced FA NOW!!!

He doesn’t get that the Yankees had their rebuild years ago because the team wasted money in FA overspending.

1610062305680.png

I can't wait for a band to name themselves after CuseRunner.

Interesting that he was talking about how he was seething earlier and now a reference to Veruca Salt.

I don't care about the Yankees. I'm just here for the entertainment. Well done on the Willy Wonka comparison!

George isn't here. George didn't win every year either.

Deal with it and stop complaining. If you think the Yankees are going to put inferior talent on the field, you're crazy.

Yankees fans because I know enough of them. Are not happy with Cashman and Hal. But specifically Hal and his lack of spending. Just telling you. We are not asking for DJ, Tanaka, Trevor Bauer, and George Springer too.

Most are wanting DJ back, and Tanaka. But WE BETTER SPEND BIG NEXT OFFSEASON REGARDLESS.

Yankees fans because I know enough of them. Are not happy with Cashman and Hal. But specifically Hal and his lack of spending. Just telling you. We are not asking for DJ, Tanaka, Trevor Bauer, and George Springer too.

Most are wanting DJ back, and Tanaka. But WE BETTER SPEND BIG NEXT OFFSEASON REGARDLESS.
Thank you for responding to absolutely nothing in my post you quoted.
1610066192167.gif

I am imagining you in some kind of Yankees Fight Club. Meeting in a dank basement with bad lighting, kicking each other’s asses and ripping on Hal and Cashman.

Veruca Salt

DJL isn’t just negotiating with Yankees after they have lowballed him.

Toronto makes a lot of sense.

I can think of a team he could sign with. Could stay in the same city even!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom