2020 MLB Season... | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

that is a steal for the mets if they can get lindor signed.. 2 kids that are years away, Rosario was done and the Young SS who was solid but still young.

that is a steal for the mets if they can get lindor signed.. 2 kids that are years away, Rosario was done and the Young SS who was solid but still young.
I hate trading away younger players for older players but Lindor is the real deal. Carrasco will help a lot too.

I get now why they were not interested in Bauer.

Like upper says, the key here is getting Lindor signed. The deal should never have been done unless they have already reached agreement with Lindor's agent on a long term extension. Brody would have made the trade and not gotten an extension. That is the bonehead move.

Let's see if the new management is smarter. I expect they are and I expect an extension announcement before Lindor is introduced to the NYC media.

Good to be the number 1 team in NYC again. It has been way too long.

Good to be the number 1 team in NYC again. It has been way too long.

That's a joke. Enjoy your day but let's not get crazy. This will spur the Yankees to be more active this offseason.

That's a joke. Enjoy your day but let's not get crazy. This will spur the Yankees to be more active this offseason.
I hope the Yankees are good too. It is good for baseball to have strong franchises in the city.

Yeah, reactionary moves! That’s the ticket to building a winner!

Yeah, reactionary moves! That’s the ticket to building a winner!

WE ARE DOING NOTHING. Have to give the fanbase something coming off what the Mets just did. Just talked to my future father in-law who is a huge Yankee fan he is livid because we could have gotten Lindor and Carrasco just the same. We have a better farm system then the Mets.

the mets gave them 2 players who are really starters, the yankees gonna give them that in addition to farm talent?

WE ARE DOING NOTHING. Have to give the fanbase something coming off what the Mets just did. Just talked to my future father in-law who is a huge Yankee fan he is livid because we could have gotten Lindor and Carrasco just the same. We have a better farm system then the Mets.

Yeah, make moves to excite the fanbase! That’s the ticket to building a winner!

At the risk of going down this rabbit hole of fun, the Yankees are up against the soft cap, there not in a position to add the salaries of Lindor and Carrasco. The days of spending and spending are long gone with George's death and the luxury tax. Even Cohen is eventually going to have years where the Mets do very little as he's not gonna pay tens of millions in dollars a year in luxury tax costs, no owner is.

If the team was just sooooo impossibly good last year and the only problem was TeH iNjUrIes, then why would they need to make so many moves? They already have the best team, no?

If the team was just sooooo impossibly good last year and the only problem was TeH iNjUrIes, then why would they need to make so many moves? They already have the best team, no?
We’re the YANKEES, we should have the most bestest team every year. Spend the money cheap ass Hal. Live up to your name Cashman. As a fan, I DESERVE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

a couple MLB boards seem to think this trade will spur Toronto to go get DJ which would be bad for the Yankees as well.

At the risk of going down this rabbit hole of fun, the Yankees are up against the soft cap, there not in a position to add the salaries of Lindor and Carrasco. The days of spending and spending are long gone with George's death and the luxury tax. Even Cohen is eventually going to have years where the Mets do very little as he's not gonna pay tens of millions in dollars a year in luxury tax costs, no owner is.

FOR THE 10,000TH TIME. YANKEE FANS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LUXURY TAX/AKA SOFT CAP. I DO NOT CARE IF WE ARE GIVING MONEY TO OUR COMPETITION TO GET BETTER. BUILD/DEVELOP A GOOD ENOUGH TEAM IT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

DJ SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A BLANK CHECK, TANAKA WANTS TO COME BACK, PAXTON WOULD TAKE THE QUALIFYING OFFER. THOSE MOVES ALONE WOULD BE A GOOD OFFSEASON.

a couple MLB boards seem to think this trade will spur Toronto to go get DJ which would be bad for the Yankees as well.

This should spur Toronto more on Springer, DJ is still likely to be a Yankee when push comes to shove.

We’re the YANKEES, we should have the most bestest team every year. Spend the money cheap ass Hal. Live up to your name Cashman. As a fan, I DESERVE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

No but we do deserve the best team each year. George Steinbrenner "Yankee fans and the people of NY deserve the best, and that is what I'm going to give them because they deserve it".

FOR THE 10,000TH TIME. YANKEE FANS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LUXURY TAX/AKA SOFT CAP. I DO NOT CARE IF WE ARE GIVING MONEY TO OUR COMPETITION TO GET BETTER. BUILD/DEVELOP A GOOD ENOUGH TEAM IT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

DJ SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A BLANK CHECK, TANAKA WANTS TO COME BACK, PAXTON WOULD TAKE THE QUALIFYING OFFER. THOSE MOVES ALONE WOULD BE A GOOD OFFSEASON.
I stopped at “FANS”, how about you guys?

DJ is not leaving the plaza hotel for the double tree suites.

Mets are well under right now.. where they will be next yr though..They have a couple deals to fix as well but Carrasco was real cheap for the next 3 yrs. they will keep DeGrom/Carrasco and then at least 1 of Thor or Strom.. After that its gonna be hard.

No but we do deserve the best team each year. George Steinbrenner "Yankee fans and the people of NY deserve the best, and that is what I'm going to give them because they deserve it".
I hate the word “deserve”. I am a Yankee fan, by the way. So, tell me why I deserve the best team every year?

I hate the word “deserve”. I am a Yankee fan, by the way. So, tell me why I deserve the best team every year?
I think Yankee fans from mid 60s to late 70s would argue hey deserved better then too.,

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY!!! GO RIP UP EVERY DOLLAR BILL YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW, OR I WILL FLIP OUT!! FOR THR MAJILLIONTH BABILLIONTH TIME, I DONT CARE IF YOU LOSE MONEY FOR NO REASON.

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY!!! GO RIP UP EVERY DOLLAR BILL YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW, OR I WILL FLIP OUT!! FOR THR MAJILLIONTH BABILLIONTH TIME, I DONT CARE IF YOU LOSE MONEY FOR NO REASON.
He and his father-in-law must have entertaining games of Monopoly.

For the 10,001th time, it doesn't matter what Yankees fan ( I am one) care about the luxury tax, the only person that matters Hal Steinbrenner cares a lot about it, period. Bitching and moaning that you don't care about it is pointless because Hal's opinion is the only one that matters. At some point you have to realize the Yankees aren't going to carry a 300 Million dollar payroll, no organization is. Boston did everything they could to get under the threshold last year and the Dodgers have before and the Mets will have the same off seasons in the future as well, no owner is paying tens of millions or even more in luxury tax payments each year, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Secondly no player is ever given a blank check. The Yankees want DJ back but there also trying to re-set the luxury tax threshold again and create future room for Judge and others who will need big deals coming up. The problem is were paying Stanton a ton of $$ and that's effecting our flexibility to add pricey free agents.

No. In 2019, the Dodgers averaged 49,000 fans per game while the Yankees only averaged 40,000. That’s why we won the World Series, because us Dodger fans deserved it for being the most supportive in the league.

Better go find 10,000 friends for every home game, sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom