2020 MLB Season... | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

lolololololololololololololol

Both sides need to give a little on their ends. I still put this on the Yankees because we can afford anybody. 25 million is nothing to us.

DJ LeMahieu has been MLB first team the last 2 years and you call him greedy.
The Yankees got full value from the last contract.
He won the batting title this year and finished top 5 in 2019.
Either pay him or wish him well.
Calling him greedy is just stupid.
It’s amazing how fans side with billionaires over millionaires.

1608135264326.png

wow, the padres are going big!
When they signed machado I figured they had secret $$.

still have no idea where it’s coming from.

Maybe Seidler becoming majority owner this Fall is the reason? Different ownership structure controlling the purse strings.

Maybe Seidler becoming majority owner this Fall is the reason? Different ownership structure controlling the purse strings.
You are right, November he took over as majority owner.

You are right, November he took over as majority owner.
yeah, but the new aggressive attitude began with the big hosmer contract 3 offseasons ago

yeah, but the new aggressive attitude began with the big hosmer contract 3 offseasons ago

Yeah and I guess the Machado deal was last year. Snell is actually on a team-friendly contract, with three years left, which is why it seems odd for the Rays to unload him now.

I sorta understand teams giving 1, but machado was a head scratcher for me.

I also never bothered to look for the $$, just knew it was there but was a secret.

now it’s certainly not a secret.

still will be tougher ina smaller market.

But who wouldn’t want to live in SD and it certainly plays to all the Hispanic’s.

Yeah and I guess the Machado deal was last year. Snell is actually on a team-friendly contract, with three years left, which is why it seems odd for the Rays to unload him now.
They got a lot back for him.

They got a lot back for him.

I get that, but what are the odds that any of them will have the same value as a 28 year old former Cy Young winner with 3 years remaining on his contract at an average of $13M/year? Just a really bizarre time to unload a guy like that IMO.

I get that, but what are the odds that any of them will have the same value as a 28 year old former Cy Young winner with 3 years remaining on his contract at an average of $13M/year? Just a really bizarre time to unload a guy like that IMO.
Talk about a team used to playing before zero fans, that’s the devilrays.

No way they lost as much as the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs redsux etc did.

See the Chris Archer trade. They are the smartest franchise in baseball. If your a gm and you see the Tampa area code calling don't answer you will get fleeced.

Tack on Darvish to that!!! Putting all their chips in the middle! Gotta love it.
that's who i was talking about ... snell alone didn't move me

Well they are close to Tijuana. Maybe getting a slice of that cash gringos spend on pharacuticals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom