2020 MLB Season... | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

I'm with you but if Kershaw wants to be all time great he has to pitch better than that in a must win game.

Yes this game is the difference between him being an all time great or not. So close Kersh!

None of this series is on Dave Roberts this series but he has to go.

Last edited:
None of this series is on Dave Roberts this series but he has to go.

I still think we can comeback.

The bullpen getting lit up and turning close games into certain losses in both games 1 and 4 has been disappointing. They were good all year.

But man, other than 1 insane inning and 1 great failed comeback inning, we really haven’t hit at all. Hoping we can somehow string 3 good games together.

I still think we can comeback.

The bullpen getting lit up and turning close games into certain losses in both games 1 and 4 has been disappointing. They were good all year.

But man, other than 1 insane inning and 1 great failed comeback inning, we really haven’t hit at all. Hoping we can somehow string 3 good games together.

Love the optimism but we are getting embarrassed. Dudes are stopping to take selfies in the middle of home run trots. It just seems to be the character of this franchise to fail in the post season.

Eh. He was so-so tonight but we’ve got 1 hit. Against a scrub.

We had two great innings, and have been absolute trash at the plate the rest of the series. Front runners.

I know it's a senseless weird karma thing, but just always seems to happen when a team has one of those monster run scoring games, it's followed up with struggles at the plate.

You'd think the opposite.

First five games in TB/HOU series have gone under. Today the run total is 8.0. Snell vs. Valdez. I'm kicking myself for not betting this, even lost on the Game 3 over. Do they follow the under (-115) trend or is this the day the over (-105) hits?

First five games in TB/HOU series have gone under. Today the run total is 8.0. Snell vs. Valdez. I'm kicking myself for not betting this, even lost on the Game 3 over. Do they follow the under trend or is this the day the over hits?
Wouldn’t touch this.
Snell’s pitching style doesn’t fit that SD ballpark.
His cutter to RH hitting can be jacked out.
I could see the RH dominant Houston lineup hitting multiple HRs.

True, still an all-time great.
Just curious how many Red Sox and Yankee pitchers, since we have been around to see them, would we rather have pitch for us in big game than Clayton. Regular season, yes. Post season, not so much.

If the Braves pull this off congrats to them. The Dodgers are the best team in baseball and the Braves are just putting it on them.

Tampa’s best pitcher is going to save them in game 7. Charlie Morton is perfect for that San Diego ballpark. His sinker works there.
McCullers is a good power pitcher but he gives up HRs.

Just curious how many Red Sox and Yankee pitchers, since we have been around to see them, would we rather have pitch for us in big game than Clayton. Regular season, yes. Post season, not so much.
Roger Clemens was like 0-999 against Dave Stewart and the A’s.

He always gagged for the Sox in the playoffs and was great in the regular season.

Clayton Kershaw is the greatest pitcher since Pedro Martinez.
Randy Johnson was another stud who in the postseason struggled.

Billy Beane in Moneyball nailed it when talking about the postseason. It’s all luck in the postseason. Just get in and then it just comes down to dumb luck.
Derek Lowe was money when the pressure was on in the postseason but during the season he would get bombed.

I don’t really blame Kershaw. He has had good moments and he has had poor performances in postseason. My fantasy team Kershawshank Redemption pitching squad has been carried since by Kershaw since 2009.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom