2020 NY Football Giants Season... | Syracusefan.com

2020 NY Football Giants Season...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1599339238968.png

The roster shaping will continue tomorrow, when the Giants can also form their 16-player practice squad. Because of the pandemic, practice squad eligibility has been revamped this year. Previously, a player was ineligible to join a practice squad if he had more than three accrued seasons in the NFL. Under the 2020 rules, teams can keep up to six players on the squad regardless of their service time.

To make room on the roster, the Giants released wide receiver Corey Coleman and offensive lineman Chad Slade and waived safety Sean Chandler.

Not surprised one bit. That said, when was the last time the Giants had a player in the secondary opposing teams were truly afraid of or had to game-plan for?

Landon Collins in 2016 had a monster year, so probably him. But that didn’t last real long.

Phillips was just starting to look like he would be a beast before his knee issues, such a shame.

Janoris Jenkins probably deserves a mention too despite all the BS. I’ll always remember when he locked Dez up in that big win over the Cowboys late in the year.

Phillips was just starting to look like he would be a beast before his knee issues, such a shame.

His second year week 2 I think in dallas he had a huge game I think int return for td and a fumble return for td was all over the field and we won. Then that following week announced he was having knee surgery and was done for year and that was pretty much it.

Evan Engram sucks. He can’t block, he can’t catch, always hurt, and makes constant mental mistakes out there. Tired of him.

Evan Engram sucks. He can’t block, he can’t catch, always hurt, and makes constant mental mistakes out there. Tired of him.
I was just happy to be able to sit down and watch football, even if it was bad football.

Whose O-line is worse? Ours (SU) or Ours (Giants)? Tough call.

One step closer to Trevor Lawrence.

Honestly don’t think we’ll be that bad? Could be wrong.

We’ll see how we run block against lesser D-Lines, and also see if they’ll improve as the year goes on with so many new starters in new positions.

Thought the rest of the team at least showed some good signs.

If we take advantage of the muffed punt with 7, and finish that 19 play drive with 7, we might’ve stolen that one.

Honestly don’t think we’ll be that bad? Could be wrong.

We’ll see how we run block against lesser D-Lines, and also see if they’ll improve as the year goes on with so many new starters in new positions.

Thought the rest of the team at least showed some good signs.

If we take advantage of the muffed punt with 7, and finish that 19 play drive with 7, we might’ve stolen that one.

Appreciate the positivity, I'm just not there.

Hope I'm wrong, would love to field a competitive team this year.

I didn't think they quit in the game at all, but the Steelers are just a far better team. I mean did you expect a playoff team this year?

Thought our defense looked more competitive. Might still be a bottom half (maybe even bottom 3rd?) Defense, but I don’t think we’ll arguably be the worst anymore. Bradberry and Martinez look like nice additions. DLine is solid. Bummer that McKinney is out.

Pass protection was ok. I like our skill position guys well enough. Run blocking just destroyed us yesterday.

Not a Giants fan, but Jones impresses me. He has talent and PFF graded him well yesterday. I'd take him over Darnold. The Giants biggest issue is their O-Line still for about the 5th year in a row.

Aaron Donald in a few weeks. Yikes.

I don’t see us beating SF or the Rams, and I’d prefer not to start 0-4 - so this Bears game is big.