2020 PGA Tour... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020 PGA Tour...

It was good to see Rory win POY for 2019. Brooks had a great year, but Rory’s was better; the stats showed it and the players knew it - the Players tournament is the toughest field of the year.

Like tennis, there are a bunch of top players at the tops of their game, lots of really good 2nd tier players, lots of new talent waiting to break through, and lots of story lines. This should be a great year for golf.

Now that the real golf year gets started with the first A class field of the 'season', here are my predictions:
  • Rory has a great year, wins a major (hopefully the masters), and is POY again
  • Brooks has a very good year, might win a major, but his magical major joo joo leaves him
  • Fowler (The Cooler) and Finau don’t win a major no matter how many pundits keep picking them
  • Most likely repeat major winner after Rory – Justin Thomas (US Open?)
  • Most likely new major winner – Rahm (probably the choice of many) – nice to see a top player emulate my short back swing
  • My dark horse newbie to win a major – Tommy Fleetwood
  • The new guys don’t win a major yet.
  • Someone no one picks (like Woodland) will win one of the majors – most likely the PGA – a Snedeker, Pat Perez, Leishman (glad to see him win the Farmers), Brandon Grace type guy
  • Phil is washed up – and most will now see it. He does like that soft wet Pebble Beach course in February though
  • Spieth will have a better year but doesn’t get back to where he was – he never will
  • Tiger probably disappoints but with him you never know. The one thing you can count on is every broadcast will show Eldrick as much as the leaders no matter how far back he is, websites will devote more space to him than the winner of the latest tournament, and Michael Collins will continue his role as the world’s leading Tiger sycophant
My secret wish is that DeChambeau, JB Holmes, and Patrick Reed are grouped together for every tournament.

Ya gotta love the World Wide Leader. On their home page they mention that Tiger Finished last at Riviera today with a 77. No mention of who (Adam Scott) won the tournament. Clown show.

Ya gotta love the World Wide Leader. On their home page they mention that Tiger Finished last at Riviera today with a 77. No mention of who (Adam Scott) won the tournament. Clown show.

They have a graphic right in the middle on Adam Scott winning from what I can see

They have a graphic right in the middle on Adam Scott winning from what I can see

If you scroll to the golf section yes you see the graphic. I'm talking the main home page. No mention anywhere of who won the tournament on the main page but on the side with the headlines (on the main page) they mention about Tiger finishing last.

If you scroll to the golf section yes you see the graphic. I'm talking the main home page. No mention anywhere of who won the tournament on the main page but on the side with the headlines (on the main page) they mention about Tiger finishing last.

This is the ESPN home page. There is a big photo of Adam Scott with the headline Adam Scott shoots a 70 to win the Genesis Open. I don't know what to tell you.

Adam Scott.JPG

This is the ESPN home page. There is a big photo of Adam Scott with the headline Adam Scott shoots a 70 to win the Genesis Open. I don't know what to tell you.

View attachment 176857

hit this link. It's the home page. Adam Scott nowhere in sight.

great imitation of SAS by Caliendo though.

EDIT: my bad. If u scroll waayyy down to the bottom u see Scott. Beneath the XFL, NCAA Softball, etc.

Last edited:

hit this link. It's the home page. Adam Scott nowhere in sight.

Again, I see exactly what I provided the screenshot of. I'm not sure why you are arguing when I provided visual evidence in my last post. Maybe it has to do with how your preferences are set up. Do you have the same sports I do on the top row? MLB, NCAAF. Golf, NCAAM, NFL and NBA

Again, I see exactly what I provided the screenshot of. I'm not sure why you are arguing when I provided visual evidence in my last post. Maybe it has to do with how your preferences are set up. Do you have the same sports I do on the top row? MLB, NCAAF. Golf, NCAAM, NFL and NBA

Did u see the post right above yours?

Did u see the post right above yours?

Yes I did and when I hit your link, I see exactly what I provided on my screenshot. I am done debating about this.

Yes I did and when I hit your link, I see exactly what I provided on my screenshot. I am done debating about this.

I'm not debating you. Right above I said MY BAD. I WAS WRONG.

its a discussion point, my homepage on espn. top headlines mentions tiger not scott.. yeah if i scroll down 30 clicks i get to a picture of scott but thats like saying if i read the paper on page 10 of the sports i would see who won. Are the top headlines linked to your car preferences? If so why do i get NBA and Nascar as the top 4 items? i moved golf into my top 4 and nothing changes.

1581945136903.png

Good post. Adding a few of my comments.

It was good to see Rory win POY for 2019. Brooks had a great year, but Rory’s was better; the stats showed it and the players knew it - the Players tournament is the toughest field of the year.

Like tennis, there are a bunch of top players at the tops of their game, lots of really good 2nd tier players, lots of new talent waiting to break through, and lots of story lines. This should be a great year for golf.

Now that the real golf year gets started with the first A class field of the 'season', here are my predictions: (you missed some good golf)
  • Rory has a great year, wins a major (hopefully the masters), and is POY again (Agree that he is the POY Favourite, and might be able to open up some room between #1 and #2 by end of major season. Rahm is #2 in world at end of year
  • Brooks has a very good year, might win a major, but his magical major joo joo leaves him (Not sure if he has a very good year if he struggles in the majors. His entire mentality is based on the majors and that level of major play is likely not sustainable. JMO -- either way his level of player in the majors of that stretch has only been duplicated by one other player since 1980 - Tiger Woods)
  • Fowler (The Cooler) and Finau don’t win a major no matter how many pundits keep picking them (the other guy to add to the list that is starting to get named for many majors is Schauffele)
  • Most likely repeat major winner after Rory – Justin Thomas (US Open?)
  • Most likely new major winner – Rahm (probably the choice of many) – nice to see a top player emulate my short back swing
  • My dark horse newbie to win a major – Tommy Fleetwood (Not sure if Fleetwood is a "newbie" pick. He has been labelled since this the beginning of 2018, and has had 3 very good major finishes already)
  • The new guys don’t win a major yet.
  • Someone no one picks (like Woodland) will win one of the majors – most likely the PGA – a Snedeker, Pat Perez, Leishman (glad to see him win the Farmers), Brandon Grace type guy (nit picking here but Pat Perez will not qualify for any majors as of now, and Grace has to step it up as well to get in as his game is on a big fall until recently. I look at more in the 30-50 for the Woodland/Walker/ .. I like Sungjae Im and Cameron Smith. Smith seems like a confident dick who can hold up in a major)
  • Phil is washed up – and most will now see it. He does like that soft wet Pebble Beach course in February though His game seemed headed there after his play in the last 10 months after last year's win. But his last 3 tournaments include two top 3 finishes, so as much as I want to write him off I can't. The US Open will not happen, but on the right course he can still contend at times. Don't think he will reach top 25 in the world again)
  • Spieth will have a better year but doesn’t get back to where he was – he never will Agreed. I have never been a fan of his game long term. Thought his grinding / putting was unsustainable
  • Tiger probably disappoints but with him you never know. The one thing you can count on is every broadcast will show Eldrick as much as the leaders no matter how far back he is, websites will devote more space to him than the winner of the latest tournament, and Michael Collins will continue his role as the world’s leading Tiger sycophant ( I love golf, watch it all year, but I always want to know what Tiger does. He is the big name.. people gravitate to big names in all of the sports and they get the most attention. To me it is good for golf when he contends, although not a necessity either)
My secret wish is that DeChambeau, JB Holmes, and Patrick Reed are grouped together for every tournament.

Last edited:
Another strong event this week. 70 WGR.WGC - Mexico. A more traditional old style course that the players really enjoy from what I have read.

Last week there was 9 top 10 players in the world. This week there are 8, but it is a deeper field in terms of top 50 players.

Some potential value bets for the WGC Mexico

Cameron Smith: 16-1 for a top 5 finish
Abraham Ancer: 10-1 for a top 5 finish

Smith has been inconsistent but he does have a win and a 3rd place finish in the past 7 events. He also finished 6th at this course last year

Ancer may be motivated by being at home. He is in good form with 4 top 10 finishes in his last 7 events.

Obviously this is a stronger field than some of those other events, but still I like the odds.

Another strong event this week. 70 WGR.WGC - Mexico. A more traditional old style course that the players really enjoy from what I have read.

Last week there was 9 top 10 players in the world. This week there are 8, but it is a deeper field in terms of top 50 players.
A much different course. Lots of trees which we are use to but don't necessarily come into play for them but would for us. Rory having a good first day along with some other big names like Bubba.

The Peter Kostis account of Patrick Reed is very damning - multiple, first person, eye-witnessed events that are very similar to Reed's well documented sand play. Very hard to believe that he hasn't consciously cheated multiple times, maybe many times.

Last edited:
A much different course. Lots of trees which we are use to but don't necessarily come into play for them but would for us. Rory having a good first day along with some other big names like Bubba.

It's a neat course. Like the seventh hole where you really have to work around the one tree just in front of the par 3 green.

Mcilroy is the current leader.

The Peter Kostis account of Patrick Reed are very damning - multiple, first person, eye-witnessed events that are very similar to Reed's well documented sand play. Very hard to believe that he hasn't consciously cheated multiple times, maybe many times.

Had not heard about that.

Just goodgled and found link to story.

Here is a video of one of the events that Kostis referenced in the podcast. You don;t actually see the cheating, but at the end you hear the Kostis comment that by placing his iron behind the ball a number of times and patting things down he really improved his lie.

saw some other stories that this is a common practice by the pros, just that Reed has the other issue to get called out on it for.

some crazy bad play in that stretch took everyone out of it. I timed that Reed play a bit early and cost me some money but i will take the outcome.

Ancer Almost got there for you at 10-1

I was more upset with Corey Connors at +350 for top 20. (pre tourney bet)
Guy made the turn in 14th place (-4 for the day), 2 shots clear of the #20 line. Proceeds to shoot 43 on the back nine

Nice win by Reed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom