2020 PGA Tour... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2020 PGA Tour...

and it was just some local guy being the caddie too. its one of the dumb rules where some common sense might apply.

He has had one suspension in 2012 for failing a cocaine test, and one voluntary leave of absence in 2014 relating to failing a cocaine test. There was a press release in 2014 when he admitted to having to take a leave to battle "personal challenges"... which I can only assume is that he went to some sort of rehab which I commend him for.

Have not heard of any issues since 2014.

I think the time he missed the Masters because he "fell down the stairs" at the house he was renting was another one.

Due to continued health challenges surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the landscape at the Waste Management Phoenix Open will unfortunately look different this year. This week, we notified our suite holders that most of the hospitality venues that create our event’s incredible tournament atmosphere will not be constructed. In light of the fact that we usually start building our venues in late September/early October, it is just not prudent to do so under the current circumstances.

Due to continued health challenges surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the landscape at the Waste Management Phoenix Open will unfortunately look different this year. This week, we notified our suite holders that most of the hospitality venues that create our event’s incredible tournament atmosphere will not be constructed. In light of the fact that we usually start building our venues in late September/early October, it is just not prudent to do so under the current circumstances.

no reason to watch that tournament now

Phil being announced at the first tee

The 50 year old class of newcomers on the senior tour has to be the best ever -- Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, and Jim Furyk... I guess you can add Mike Weir as a secondary member of that group.

58 Watch.

Dustin Johnson is -9 after 8 holes. A par on the ninth would give him a 27 at the turn, which I think is probably a record (or ties it)

58 Watch continued.

The back nine is only a par 35, and finishes with a par 5 of only 541 yards. If he gets a 31 on the back, he ties the record.

Missed that Scottie Scheffler actually already shot a 59 this morning.

Johnson birdies #10. -10 after 10. Has to play -4 on his last 8 to shoot 57.

57 Watch

Johnson birdies #11. -11 after 11.

Has to play -3 on last 7 to shoot 57.

Is it fair to label a round of 60 as a choke? Probably not. But after finishing with 7 straight pars it has to be one of the only times on the PGA tour that a 60 has to feel like a disappointing round -- for a player and as a fan.

Dustin Johnson at -29 with 2 holes to play, and up by 9. What a dominating performance. He has been so inconsistent since the return -- either terrible or very good. Nothing really in the middle.

Looks like he could move up to #1 in the World after this. Rahm at T-5 may get enough points to keep it. Will be very close.

I like following the world golf rankings even if it does not mean that much. The #1 in the world has been held by 4 players this year -- McIlroy, Rahm, Thomas, back to Rahm, and now Johnson.

As next week will be close to a "70 point win" event, by my calculations any of the top 4 could become world #1 under various scenarios with a win. Rahm + Thomas would become #1 with a win, McIlroy would need some significant help. Morikawa would be very close if Johnson was outside of the top 25 -- will need to see the final SRS of the event tomorrow to conclude.

1598283182120.png

I think the time he missed the Masters because he "fell down the stairs" at the house he was renting was another one.
Never read anything about it being the case, but you certainly cannot discount the possibility anyway.

Never read anything about it being the case, but you certainly cannot discount the possibility anyway.

I won a 16-1 bet on that cokehead to win the Northern Trust last week

Well. THAT was a US Open caliber golf course today. I enjoy courses like that.

Course is playing quite a bit easier today (although not close to average by PGA tour standards).. 26 of 69 players are under par.

Dustin Johnson - the most unpredictable player in our time?

My boy Rory - having trouble concentrating but tied for the lead the next week.

Meanwhile on ESPN:

1598668262451.png

Except that Tiger is actually no where near the leaderboard. I'll be so glad to see ho-boy fade into the background - it will be sooner than most think.

Yeah. It happened. It was raining earlier that week and he was wearing socks in his rental house. He slipped on some wet area on some hardwood stairs and took a nasty fall. There were some articles I think.
Edit: Here it is

What a putt by Dustin Johnson to send it into a playoff.
Great stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom