2020 PGA Tour... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2020 PGA Tour...

Noooow Thomas starts to play. -4 for the day after 6 holes. Speith has quit. +3 today after 5 holes and in last place.

Most overrated player in decades.

If a lot of people say you are overrated, then maybe you aren't. anymore. He is #32 in the world, and while he receives more attention than most guys at that ranking level, I'm not sure many consider him in the elite anymore.

If overrated is largely a function of getting more attention then your actual performance, then the two most overrated players on tour could be Spieth... but he has the career value that certainly counters that. But the amount of talk and play that Spieth gets right now is pretty tiresome in my view.

I think Flower still gets mentioned a lot, because he is still on the fringes of being very good (and an outside contender with some shot at a major), and many people want him to win one -- and the people that like him now are quite different and have evolved from when he was followed around by hundreds of pre-teens on the course.

I have nothing but good words to say about Rickie Fowler -- he seems very genuine -- I wasn't a huge fan of him years ago when he started and had that rag for hair but it changed for me. He, more than anybody else on tour, is always around to congratulate whomever wins the major despite all his close calls, and it extends beyond just a clique. The guy seems to respect everyone -- it would be nice to see him get the congrats for once, but it is not very likely. Then again after many dips and career rejuvenation's Sergio Garcia won one.

Last edited:
There seems to be some decent scores out there today -- 14 under par and 19 are over par... so it's a good distribution that can allow people that hit good shots to make solid moves.

17 players within 3 of the lead, and certainly the bombers are doing well this week - Champ, FInau, Koepka, Johnson, Day, Wolff, Scheffler, Fleetwood (deceiving length - top 20 on tour)

It's going to be a good race. I'm pulling for Day

This is the best major tournament I've ever seen. The course is set up just right and the young guns are firing and the old dogs are answering. Dechambeau hit that 95 foot birdie on 18 yesterday and could come on like a beast. I think Keopka will get his championship form today and make a bid for 3 in a row. DJ wants another major bad too.

I really like the course. It has strong defenses with the wind, sand and rough. Big numbers are always lurking, even on that drivable 16th. But the best players were able to score on it regardless. A tough fair test.

I really like the course. It has strong defenses with the wind, sand and rough. Big numbers are always lurking, even on that drivable 16th. But the best players were able to score on it regardless. A tough fair test.
They are going to make it very difficult today. Greens will stimp off the scale.

This is the best major tournament I've ever seen. The course is set up just right and the young guns are firing and the old dogs are answering. Dechambeau hit that 95 foot birdie on 18 yesterday and could come on like a beast. I think Keopka will get his championship form today and make a bid for 3 in a row. DJ wants another major bad too.

I like the course and also the major, and certainly looking forward it to today. The ultimate legacy of any major is often determined by the competitiveness of the back nine (and sometimes the champion) and hoping for a close finish today.

That being said, and I can't label the particular reason, but this more than any other recent major has had the bombers rise to the top -- bombers do well today of course in all tournaments, but not as many in top 10/top 20 as this week. (Someone on TGC had predicted the same earlier this week)

They are going to make it very difficult today. Greens will stimp off the scale.

It's not playing any more difficult today, which is fine with me. Of the first 15 players that have finished their round only 2 are above par, and we have scores of 64.66 and 66.

Overall 21 players below par on the course (or done), and 16 above par.

EDIT - Another 64 coming in right now.

I think the winner will probably have to get to at least -11 today.

Last edited:
Not that it's anywhere as relevant as winning a major, but there could be a change in the World #1 again.

With Rahm and Thomas outside of the top 20, I think Dustin Johnson could be #1 with a win. (and as I was typing this I think they just mentioned on the CBS coverage).

If DJ does not win, and Rahm stays 21st and Thomas stays 38th, Rahm might become #1 again -- the numbers are very close between them.

Great championship has continued today. Cheering for Wolff and Day... in part for bets but more because I like them both. Rooting against Dechambeau -- he makes it interesting, bit of a "heel" and golf needs guys that are different. But his "ant hole" stunt from a few weeks back followed by other rules antics the week before, has put it over the top for me.

Fairly stunning to see what has happened to Koepka today... +4 when everybody else is rolling.

Too cool for school Brooks was talking shite in the Saturday post game about DJ's Sunday major struggles. Currently Koepka is having the worst day of the contenders. Hate to see it.

Great championship has continued today. Cheering for Wolff and Day... in part for bets but more because I like them both. Rooting against Dechambeau -- he makes it interesting, bit of a "heel" and golf needs guys that are different. But his "ant hole" stunt from a few weeks back followed by other rules antics the week before, has put it over the top for me.

Fairly stunning to see what has happened to Koepka today... +4 when everybody else is rolling.

I had small bets on Rose, Brooks, Berger, and Fleetwood. All them were tied for 2nd at 2 shots back going into Saturday. Oh well.

Appears some fans have made it to the course.

Back 9 circles the perimeter. Holes 11-13 run parallel to a residential street. I've seen people peeking through the fences there. On Friday a dude bellowed out to Tiger "Do it for Raider nation!"

It's over now.

Colin Morikawa has now reached stardom level. Such a steady player. Also good to see a new star, that is not necessarily a bomber. (although he hits a good ball).

Will either jump to #4 or #5 in the world (Depends on whether DJ can get into second, if I am doing the math correctly).

I can't believe he went at the pin on 18 Imust have been a bit of a mishit)... the only mistake that he could make to cost him the tournament was going left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom