2020 Tewaaraton Watch List | Syracusefan.com

2020 Tewaaraton Watch List

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

1581690252416.png
1581690261559.png

1581690273589.png
1581690280597.png

These lists man. Can't help but feel like this hype could take a mental toll on Dordevic, given the fact that it is coming from all angles (both hype and haters). Pundits hyping up his return, which leads to him getting on a Pre season (honorable mention) all American list, that move he did against Yale going the lacrosse version of "viral," now he makes this list, all while not having played in a game in two years. Can't help but wonder if the feeling of excitement and happiness about the love and attention turns to a feeling of pressure and anxiety.

The worst part is that all this hype has lead to a contingent of people on twitter, forums, etc. just ripping on the kid. The "FanLax" forum had a few people just completely judging the guy based of his one game against Colgate. Looking at one game where he just seemed overly eager and impatient and making definitive statements like "he just can't shoot" or "so and so is waaay better." They wouldn't have said a word and written it off as rust if not for the various lists and attention he gets in comparison to their favorite players. For every person complimenting the Yale dodge there is someone roasting him for the wild (and possibly deflected) shot at the end, which is something that happens to literally everyone including the most elite shooters of all time and can happen for a number of reasons. Now of course they are out again to rip on him for being included on this list.

This happens all the time with media just getting fixated on one person and having things snowball from there. It happened with him and it's why he is getting mentioned on things like this, not because of his freshman year stats or Colgate performance. In this case it has just lead to a young guy getting a bunch of hype that he did not ask for and a bunch of haters that he would never have had breathing down his neck without all this media attention. Wish he just quietly came in this year and blew people away instead of having every move he makes under a microscope. The one sure thing now is that I am hoping and praying like crazy that he truly has the breakout year so many are anticipating and proves these haters wrong.

They do add updates to the list during the season. They really just should have waited for Dordevic to prove himself, and assuming he did, then add him in.

I am not hating Dordevic at all. I just think one needs to do more to earn their place on such lists. Hopefully, he will have recovered from his injury, and have a very good season.

I think having two other offensive players on the list, Scanlon and Curry, takes a lot of pressure from Dordevic. Isn't most of the pressure on #22 anyways?

They do add updates to the list during the season. They really just should have waited for Dordevic to prove himself, and assuming he did, then add him in.

I am not hating Dordevic at all. I just think one needs to do more to earn their place on such lists. Hopefully, he will have recovered from his injury, and have a very good season.

I think having two other offensive players on the list, Scanlon and Curry, takes a lot of pressure from Dordevic. Isn't most of the pressure on #22 anyways?

Totally agree and I know you are not hating. He is on the list 100% because of the attention the media gave him that has snowballed into something bigger than it needs to be. Others see him on the list and take the opportunity to rip on his freshman stats or Colgate performance without acknowledging that the media hype is by far the main factor. Frustrating to see him get hate that he doesn't deserve due to hype that he didn't ask for or encourage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom